It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 295
<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Mikeultra

The co-pilot could have been knocked out, same for the passengers. The pilot could have killed the co-pilot, the passengers and himself after turning the plane and the comms off and left the plane on autopilot until it ran out of fuel. Or even all others apart from himself, or even the co-pilot and himself and the passengers were left trying to sort it out. He could have set the autopilot after turning and switching off the comms then hit some buttons that killed all on board, leaving the plane flying until it ran out of fuel.

edit on 24-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

[SNIPPED]
edit on 3/25/2014 by tothetenthpower because: Removed non topical info.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

sy.gunson

That is entirely in doubt now auroraaus, since the last transponder information just beyond waypoint IGARI indicated a turn east and not west.

The unidentified aircraft seen by military radar flying about the Straits of Malacca was never positively identified as MH370 and as I understand it INMARSAT tracked MH370 turning right back in the direction of Djakarta from Vietnam.

The east turn was the flag for me. Are you on the same wavelength as me?
edit on 25-3-2014 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by drwill

It was the co-pilot on the last comm and it was 45,000 feet.

I have established searching on other websites that the altitude claim came from military radar at Butterworth which combined one radar measuring in azimuth with another vertical narrow beam radar measuring in zenith, cross comparing the data.

The altitude height finding radar was similar to this Soviet PRV-10 Konus system supporting the SA-2 Guideline missile.

This type of radar system has been known to create errors in altitude readings of up to 15,000ft at long ranges.

It is fairly safe to assume therefore that any information which it provided was unreliable in altitude and may not have even related to MH370 at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

auroraaus

sy.gunson

That is entirely in doubt now auroraaus, since the last transponder information just beyond waypoint IGARI indicated a turn east and not west.

The unidentified aircraft seen by military radar flying about the Straits of Malacca was never positively identified as MH370 and as I understand it INMARSAT tracked MH370 turning right back in the direction of Djakarta from Vietnam.

The east turn was the flag for me. Are you on the same wavelength as me?
edit on 25-3-2014 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

Unsure what you're suggesting Auroraaus since I have only popped in occasionally the past few days and have not read all the intervening posts. If you wish to PM me feel free, or alternately knock it in my numbskull head here in public?

The last known turn just after IGARI was to the west.

I now view data about a turn east over the Straits of Malacca as either a red herring or an entirely different unidentified aircraft without a transponder.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

LOL, you're not a numbskull silly! (even if you are a kiwi

It appears we are on the same wavelength. Carry on.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by UKGuy1805

That doesn't explain the comms being switched off manually at intervals and the manual turn or how the autopilot would have kept going.

The INMARSAT data now suggests MH370 flew a steady heading across Indonesia from the South China sea and did not turn west at IGARI.

Therefore there is no longer any issue of how to explain the autopilot performing fancy maneuvers, because that was not the same aircraft. It was linked in suggestions by the Malaysian Authorities who distracted searching off Vietnam to waters in the Straits of Malacca after radar sightings of an unidentified aircraft. That remains an unidentified aircraft.

Autopilots with no specific waypoints to follow can also track a heading indefinitely.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

auroraaus

Bloody Aussies...

Welsh by birth but the very next post develops what I am thinking.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

I have only read the last few pages here but the common theory is pilot error or pilot/copilot suicide.
the fact the planes transponder was switched off manually within the cockpit just outside Maslaysian radar and turns almost 180 degrees leans away from such theories
and leans toward foul play in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The question was about the REPORTED altitude.

If you scroll back a few pages or 10 you will see that I argued that the data for altitude was UNRELIABLE and UNCONFIRMED whilst either you or a few others were set on the idea as it being used for knocking out the passengers.

Thank you for proving me correct.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For all you guys arguing about altitude, reports have said all along that that the altitudes are debatable due to the unreliability of the exactness of data over oceans etc.

Is there any point arguing over UNCONFIRMED altitudes from pings?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

sy.gunson

auroraaus

Bloody Aussies...

Welsh by birth but the very next post develops what I am thinking.

OT: Scots/Irish by immediate heritage... but Aussie fair dinkum in a lot of respect

Sorry mods!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
do americans really still use the mile as a unit of length?

no wonder they're in decline..

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

That's totally where I am going!

Although foul play can also entail pilot suicide...because if indeed that is true, he took 238 souls with him... on a crazy adventure before heading south for ages. I don't know. Truthfully, my mind is not made up on the theory, but going from what I know of suicide in general, taking several turns over the course of 7 hours without anyone doing or saying anything stinks like a mangosteen left in the sun to ferment in a bowl of vinegar.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I never held that theory of the autopilot, perhaps if you would stop misreading my REPLIES to SPECIFIC QUESTIONS to other posters of THEIR THEORIES you would realise that I was referring to THEIR THEORY, rather my own opinion.

In this instance I was saying that the poster's theory didn't fit the INVESTIGATIONS VIEW OF THE AUTOPILOT.

Kindly butt out of criticizing all of my posts using straw man arguments.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

UKGuy1805
I dont think for one minute it was emotional suicide from either flight crew, if this area of blame is susspect it might be more plausible to consider a brain washing condishonging situation( poss both flight crew being involved through selective courses) this is known about on the media.

Something shooting the plane down using conventional weapons, not likely if it caused an explosion as this would have been seen.

Some kind of extremely powerfull electrical device/weapon that dissabled the electronics of the plane leaving it with just flying ability but no guide or screens or radio to guide its flight, like a bermuda triangle situation, and the plane bacame lost used up all fuel and went down into the sea somewere - perhaps?

The plane was commandered and stolen through whatever was available - hijacking, crew involvement, passenger involvement, elcronic flight auto control, again long shot but possible.... [abridged]

So flight 370, where is it? whats happened to it? I dont know

Do You...................?

i have suggested from the start it was a cascading electrical failure in the avionics bay. The shorts and cut-outs from this would present pilots with an urgent problem controlling the aircraft. Beyond IGARI is a radar black spot beyond which there is no coverage to the north. Had the aircraft flown beyond IGARI (it appears headed for waypoint BIBAN) transponder returns would have died anyway.

In dealing with an electrical emergency (electrical arcing in the avionics bay) they may well have turned back for an emergency landing at Singapore or Djakarta, unaware that the arcing had burned through an oxygen hose like the 2011 accident on Egyptair 667.

When the hose burned through it became a blow-torch on the side of the fuselage beside the cockpit, quickly melting a hole causing explosive decompression.

Pilots would not have been able to don oxygen because their supply was venting outside the aircraft. Unconsciousness would have ensued in 30-60 seconds leaving it as a ghost flight headed south west. When the oxygen was expired the fire itself went out.

An even more horrible possibility to envisage is that the entire cockpit was briefly engulfed in flame for a few seconds and pilots were incinerated where they sat. Once the oxygen bottle was expired flames died from lack of oxygen content at 35,000ft.

The aircraft flew on with autopilot.

That is what I think

edit on 25-3-2014 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2014 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
IF the unidentified cargo was something 'interesting' (like gold, nuke weapon, biological, etc) then would it make a difference to the outcome? Would it change your theories? If so then we need that cargo manifest to be sure.

As I said previously, if it was gold, it would explain why so many resources have been thrown at this thing. If it was, then we will find out how many countries try to get it back.

If it was bilogical/bomb then if the pilot had got wind of it, then he may have decided that he needs to dump it where it cannot do any harm - at the bottom of the sea far away from land.

Of course, we will never know unless the flight landed in the north somewhere.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth

I never held that theory of the autopilot, perhaps if you would stop misreading my REPLIES to SPECIFIC QUESTIONS to other posters of THEIR THEORIES you would realise that I was referring to THEIR THEORY, rather my own opinion.

In this instance I was saying that the poster's theory didn't fit the INVESTIGATIONS VIEW OF THE AUTOPILOT.

Kindly butt out of criticizing all of my posts using straw man arguments.

I will debate what ever post i wish.

It would be more constructive if you could deal with the points and rebut them in a robust debate.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

lestweforget

I have only read the last few pages here but the common theory is pilot error or pilot/copilot suicide.
the fact the planes transponder was switched off manually within the cockpit just outside Maslaysian radar and turns almost 180 degrees leans away from such theories
and leans toward foul play in my opinion.

The suicide theory holds no weight on pilot forum discussions on other websites. Pilots look for plausible technical explanations. Non-pilots look for conspiracy theories.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, 20 engineers employed by Texas based company Freescale Semiconductor were onboard 4 of which owned 20% each of an electronic patent. The remaining 20% owned by the company.
Company receives 100% of patent once patent holders declared deceased. Company owned by Rothschilds.

This could possibly require its own thread.
edit on 25-3-2014 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

That has already been brought up and debunked here on this thread... I think in the first week. Yes, 20 freescale engineers on board, but the patent holders weren't on the flight manifest.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This whole thing is just really odd to me. There is so much theories flying around in mass media that I believe some take a theoretical idea and somehow pass it off as fact, i.e. the plane making a sharp left before disappearing, there is no concrete evidence of this, there was a ping but it is said that they cannot identify it to this plane for sure. The facts are that the plane departed, there was the "allright, goodnight" then it disappeared. With all of our technological advances how can we not find this plane? China said that they have new satellite images, where are they? Turkey just shot down a Syrian plane, could this be related? Possible debris found off the coast of Australia, if the plane made a sharp left and heading West, how could the debris end up by Australia? It took years for debris from Fukushima to reach Hawaii, but it takes a couple or few days for debris to end up below Australia? Malaysia reports that all hope and lives are lost? How do they know this? None of this smells right and someone knows the truth!

new topics

top topics

<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join