It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No wreckage and an oil slick, does anyone think this plane is intact underwater?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane

SEPANG: A BOEING 777 pilot, who was flying 30 minutes ahead of the missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft, said he established contact with MH370 minutes after he was asked to do so by Vietnamese air traffic control.

"We managed to establish contact with MH370 just after 1.30am and asked them if they have transferred into Vietnamese airspace.
"The voice on the other side could have been either Captain Zaharie (Ahmad Shah, 53,) or Fariq (Abdul Hamid, 27), but I was sure it was the co-pilot.
"There were a lot of interference... static... but I heard mumbling from the other end.
"That was the last time we heard from them, as we lost the connection," he told the New Sunday Times.
He said those on the same frequency at the time would have heard the exchange.
This, he said, would include vessels on the waters below.

If the plane was in trouble, we would have heard the pilot making the Mayday distress call. But I am sure that, like me, no one else up there heard it.

"That was the last time we heard from them, as we lost the connection," he told the New Sunday Times.
He said those on the same frequency at the time would have heard the exchange.
This, he said, would include vessels on the waters below.
He said he thought nothing of it, as the occurrence (of losing contact) was normal, until it was established that MH370 never landed.

www.nst.com.my...

Was it 1:30 Vietnam time of Malaysia time?

Also a higher res debris field picture. I don't know how legitimate this picture is, imo take it with a grain of salt.

Safe aircraft type. Good airline. Good weather (so I've been told). Cruising altitude. Yeah, this is a pretty big mystery.

edit on 9/3/14 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/3/14 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Brainiac
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No wreckage and an oil slick, does anyone think this plane is intact underwater?

No. If you fall out the sky in a 250 tonne missile, the water will act as a brick wall and completely destroy it on impact.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

If that is indeed a debris field then why is it reflecting so much light,from so high up,at night. It almost appears to look like city lights.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Bigburgh

roadgravel
I would think if the person who took the picture saw this for an extended length of time then it wasn't debris. But who knows the thinking the photographer used. Maybe a friend saw the picture and speculated. That would seem to be something easy to spot again in an air search.
edit on 3/9/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

Wait..I read the article that was posted. It was claimed the picture was taken as it passed over at 11,000 metres. That's a good shot if true. And from soooo high up. Hmmmm. Seems fishy..but I was not there.

edit on 9-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

11,000 metres is 36,089 FT
edit on 9-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

at that height, one wouldn't see an aircraft carrier, let alone bits and pieces of an airplane.

one would need military grade optics, i think.

not much more news here in HK than what is out there now.

such a shame when these things happen.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Screw it. Not worth it anymore.
edit on 3/9/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I've come to a conclusion that the loss of this aircraft was not caused by a bomb, nor was it a technical issue. Weather was perfect, so what caused it to just disappear with no trace? I give up...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Boeing777
I've come to a conclusion that the loss of this aircraft was not caused by a bomb, nor was it a technical issue. Weather was perfect, so what caused it to just disappear with no trace? I give up...

Interesting username.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Also a higher res debris field picture. I don't know how legitimate this picture is, imo take it with a grain of salt.

Someone in the comments at the originating site claimed this was a fishing fleet. That is plausible.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Has any of you heard of the Black Box Theory?

en.wikipedia.org...

Take a deep breath,and calm down.
We know the plane left and then disappeared, there's some evidence so far:
1-Some grease has been found.
2-At least 2 passengers carried fake passports,and they bought the tickets at the same time.
3-If this was a terrorist hit we would've already known.However:
4-The plane could've been hijacked,in wich case i'm pretty sure the rescue teams must've found it by now.
5-Plane hasn't been found.
6-Search area has been expanded since it is possible the pilots turned back.
7-Another plane's pilot said he made contact with the plane on an emergency frequency
www.nst.com.my...

The more news about this I see,the more i think about the Hijacking.Something sinister about this,hope i'm wrong.
A couple of days have gone by,no debris,no trails,nothing.There is some mistery to this one,i admit, but we must keep out heads cool. I'm just hoping there are survivors.
edit on 9-3-2014 by metodex because: Update

edit on 9-3-2014 by metodex because: update 2

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
ALL these fake passports??? SOMTHING STINKS... This plane was BLOWN UP
!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Zaphod58
Screw it. Not worth it anymore.
edit on 3/9/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your effort and contribution to this thread.

I share your frustration.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Boeing777

i think i know who's behind this. say boeing 777 where were you say... the other day????? seems those sevens aren't so lucky. rockoperawriter is afoot!
edit on 9-3-2014 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Chinese state television say that family of chinese man tried to get in touch with the guy's cellphone and contact was made, meaning the phone rang i guess. They're going to try and track the signal to find the plane, hope it works!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Since we are all believers in "non mainstream ideas". Why is no one talking about Aliens? Paranormal? Bermuda Triangle in SE Asia?

I am not saying this is what happened, it was most likely either something malicious or a mechanical issue. Just wondering why isn't anyone talking or discussing those "theories"?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

jhn7537
Could you imagine if the US or maybe TPTB, whatever powerful group __________ (insert here)... Shot down, destroyed that plane to distract the world to what may be taking place in or around the Crimea region?? I wonder... I just have that strange feeling that everything is tied together here.... Maybe I'm a conspiracy nut, well I am that I am here on ATS
but there's something fishy about this all..

The mass stabbing event in China didn't cause enough of a distraction, so someone escalated to a plane disappearing...
edit on 8-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

I think you will find that most people can focus their attention on more than one important thing at a time.

I agree with your own assessment of Conspiracy Nut diagnosis.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

travel3
Since we are all believers in "non mainstream ideas". Why is no one talking about Aliens? Paranormal? Bermuda Triangle in SE Asia?

I am not saying this is what happened, it was most likely either something malicious or a mechanical issue. Just wondering why isn't anyone talking or discussing those "theories"?

I'd say it's cause this is on the "Current Events" forum, there's other forums for that.

The asian bermuda triangle is called "The Devil's sea", and it's near Iwo Jima,Japan. Too far!
edit on 9-3-2014 by metodex because: Update

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

Im so sorry, I keep hating to do this to you, but someone on another thread has posted that they fly over these all the time and that they are actually lights from flower green houses. Again, I have no idea but they seemed pretty firm in their conviction.Who knows. Ill try to find the link to where I read this but Im going to have to scroll way back so it may take me a bit.

I guess we can probably assume that it isnt debris from the missing plane anyhow. If it was it should be very easy for them to locate from these pictures and when they were taken etc..

I actually found the post. Here is the link:flower farms

Look for the 40th post, the user name is "Coal"

Or, this is his quote:

This is NOT a pic of the debris. I fly HKG-SIN twice every week on UA and I have seen this. This pic was taken at night. They're actually flower plantations in Vietnam. I took a few pics a couple of weeks back to make a nice instagram pic, but it turned out too blurry. I can guarantee from my own personal experience, that this pic is not of debris but rather of the very irregular shape of flower farms in Vietnam

edit on 3/9/14 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
If the plane disintegrated mid air at crusing altitude (be it a bomb, missile or whatever) the debris field would be spread over hundreds of square miles.

Reference Lockerbie and the debris field from that.

MR

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Quote - "The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board said on Saturday it has dispatched a team to Asia to help investigate the crash of a Malaysia Airlines jet early Saturday that is presumed to have claimed 239 lives.

The NTSB team is accompanied by technical advisers from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. air safety regulator and Boeing Co, which made the 777-200ER jet that was lost while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

"Once the aircraft location is identified, International Civil Aviation Organization protocols will determine which country will lead the investigation," the NTSB said."..

So the NTSB is going to help..or cover up if need be...Have they found it yet??

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join