It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 268
<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

roadgravel
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

But most of what I have been reading here is people thinking good night is some rare phenomenon.

It's not in that part of the world.

In fact in that part of the world things doesn't work like it does in the western world.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
I know it was switch over though there are procedures for making sure flights can't just fly off wherever they like when they enter another ATC area.
There are?

They file a flight plan and usually they try to follow it with exceptions for course or altitude changes due to weather, turbulence, etc. But I'm not sure what you're getting at with the procedures, because one theory is the pilots did fly off where they wanted to, so if there were any procedures to stop them from flying off they were pretty ineffective.

I'd prefer to give the pilots the benefit of the doubt until we have better answers though.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

The last time I saw a thread have this much traffic was when fukushima happened, In my time here I don't think I've seen a topic that produced so many conspiracy theories. What's weird about it is,that even the most intelligent of members are still only speculating.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Exactly and all the speculation is useless sans the details. First and foremost, was the co pilot confirmed from voice recognition and the COA after the non ID and when it went off radar, surely there is a plan of action for such instances and a chain of command that escalates. Just when were authorities informed a major jet full of PAX was off radar, when was the military informed etc.

If it was on my ATC watch I would be on it within seconds, especially given the current political climate. if there was some way to get it ID'd and tracked on primary radar I would be on it, if it needed intercepted, I would be on it.

# like that needs dealt with ASAP, it isn't something that can be sat back on, ''whatever'' doesn't wash when it's a major incident, so at the very least, the steps taken when it was realised should be detailed.

Not releasing them and there being conflicting theories and information from the airline on a daily basis just makes it all less credible.

It might be far flung Asia but there are still processes and international standards to which they must conform.
edit on 21-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Like 'handover' to another ATC area, or at the very least confirmation from radar that the flight is logged into other ATC comms.

All theories are speculative at the moment though the finger is squarely pointed at the pilots more than most theories, so perhaps releasing more details might give more indication as to who, how, where and when.

Though to be clear, I didn't outright blame the pilots, yet anyway, just incase you got that idea somehow.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Ivar_Karlsen

roadgravel

But most of what I have been reading here is people thinking good night is some rare phenomenon.

It's not in that part of the world.

In fact in that part of the world things doesn't work like it does in the western world.

I have to admit that at N7 comms were VERY informal and not according to Hoyle. At G4 they were much more by the book and professional.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

thedoctorswife
reply to post by rockflier

The last time I saw a thread have this much traffic was when fukushima happened, In my time here I don't think I've seen a topic that produced so many conspiracy theories. What's weird about it is,that even the most intelligent of members are still only speculating.

They lost a fully functional triple seven with very few traces, off course it's gonna spark conspiracies.

I'm a line pilot with experience on type, and i have no idea of what happend.

Nobody will know for sure until they find the plane (or what might be left of it)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by thetruth2014

Thanks, at least that looks standard.

Which perhaps puts even more emphasis on the pilot theories, the fire / suspicious cargo as a cause etc theories don't add up.

How do they not add up?

The fire theory I read made perfect sense and was supported by a commercial pilot and all the pieces fit. The westerly turn was towards the best closest airport. Aviate, Navigate, repair. (or something like that)

theory
edit on 21-3-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
edit on Fri, 21 Mar 2014 21:16:14 -050020142014-03-21T21:16:14-05:00kfFriday16America/ChicagoFri, 21 Mar 2014 21:16:14 -0500 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

The debunking of the 'fire' theory by pilots.

'MOST PLAUSIBLE' theory MH370 caught fire DEBUNKED by other pilots

KUALA LUMPUR - A pilot’s premise that Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 went missing due to a fire onboard was again shot down by another aviator, who said the “plausible” did not gel with available fact and aviation practice.

Writing to news website Business Insider to challenge the hypothesis put forward by pilot Chris Goodfellow that the Beijing-bound plane was lost to a fire, the commercial pilot said reactions of those flying the plane was not consistent conflagration on the plane.

Full article: www.malaysia-chronicle.com...:most-plausible-theory-mh370-caught-fire-debunked-by-other-pilots&Itemid= 2#ixzz2webIKtoA

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The climb and dive has been "debunked" as possibly being the result of being on the edge of the radars range, which happens. Without a transponder the data is suspect.

I, for one, do not find this debunking to be particularly persuasive. Debunking normally establishes the "debunked" theory as being virtually impossible by use of facts presented instead of opinion vs opinion.

The "simple theory" was not put forward as factual but rather as a likely and simple answer. The debunking is nothing more than a counter opinion that attempts to discount a theory without actually proposing an alternate solution with factual support.

Therefore the use of the word "debunk" is rather ... a stretch.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
All anybody knows at this point is one of two scenarios....

the plane crashed

the plane landed somewhere

Everything else is nothing but pure speculation and usually guesswork for the most part.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Media/officials at this point are obviously trying to claim the Muslim pilot took the plane down as part of his 'suicide':

The focus of the investigation into the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has now turned to the pilots as evidence suggests that the plane's tracking systems were switched off purposely and the plane was deliberately flown off-course by someone with flight experience.

Of all other issues (ie, stolen passports, DoD contract passenger).. why FOCUS on the pilot as the dead center of the investigation!?! Because the debris 'sank'??

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

rockflier
edit on Fri, 21 Mar 2014 21:16:14 -050020142014-03-21T21:16:14-05:00kfFriday16America/ChicagoFri, 21 Mar 2014 21:16:14 -0500 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

Yup, in that order.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The retired General on Fox News is saying the plane landed in Lahore, Pakistan with the knowledge and assistance of the Pakistan government. He said they cooperate with terrorists, it's not unheard of. And he said he can't reveal all that he knows of course.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Ivar_Karlsen

rockflier

Yup, in that order.

My first instructor, my father, phrased it as " Make sure you have your ish together before you tell them you do".

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth

Saying ''good night'' isn't the issue, it is the fact that the ID wasn't mentioned, and if you read the 54mins transcript you will see that the MH370 replies apart from the signing off has the MH370 ID, which is standard, for example the correct way of signing out before going onto another ATC area would be ''MH370 says goodnight'' or ''MH370 roger and out'' or ''MH370 copies that and out'' etc.

Yes you are technically correct, but as a pilot I'll often say "cya" when being handed across to the next sector. I don't find it odd that he didn't mention the ID, especially for someone who has 18000 hrs. I've never once heard anyone say roger and out, or copies that and out. Just a thought...

HB

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

haveblue

theabsolutetruth

Saying ''good night'' isn't the issue, it is the fact that the ID wasn't mentioned, and if you read the 54mins transcript you will see that the MH370 replies apart from the signing off has the MH370 ID, which is standard, for example the correct way of signing out before going onto another ATC area would be ''MH370 says goodnight'' or ''MH370 roger and out'' or ''MH370 copies that and out'' etc.

Yes you are technically correct, but as a pilot I'll often say "cya" when being handed across to the next sector. I don't find it odd that he didn't mention the ID, especially for someone who has 18000 hrs. I've never once heard anyone say roger and out, or copies that and out. Just a thought...

HB

I agree on all counts, Haveblue.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

I know the meaning of 'debunked' thanks, though I don't believe the 'fire' theory, there are too many irregularities. I won't expand on them here, now, most are in the debunking.

I have said before that theories are speculative, and sans proper information they will be just that.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It looks like
this plane is just gone

top topics

<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join