It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Which ever theory gets put forward fire, hijacking, pilot suicide, etc always lead to holes in it.
They believe the flight computer was programmed to execute the west turn.

Is it possible for the flight computer to be taken over externally?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

I ve been busy with family stuff the last 24 hours, can some one given me a precis of where we're at. What happened with the spotted possible debris thing,basically what the hell is happening?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

It was mentioned previously that "someone" suggested that the appropriate response from the cockpit would have been "Roger and Out". When I first started flying, back in the dark ages, perhaps. Oh, I forgot, my first plane, a J3 Cub, did not have an electrical system. Handprop, cork and wire for fuel content, etc. Thanks from a fellow aviator.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Disclaimer

While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, Airfleets.net makes no representation as to the accuracy of, and cannot accept any legal responsibility for any errors, ommissions, mis-statements or mistakes within the pages of this web site

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

thetruth2014

Would flight mh370 have enough fuel to reach the Christchurch air force base ? The u.s base immune to new zealand law and part of cia intelligence gathering with rumors of a nuke base.

As fuel in parts of China is insanely expensive they were most likely tankering, so they might have had enaugh fuel for that.

Edit:
After having consulted my manuals:, they might have had up to 12 hours worth of fuel if they were tankering.
Our B777's were the ,300ER With GE90 engines, the fuel capacity on the .200 ER is pretty much the same.
edit on 21-3-2014 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2014 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

thedoctorswife

I ve been busy with family stuff the last 24 hours, can some one given me a precis of where we're at. What happened with the spotted possible debris thing,basically what the hell is happening?

No debris found, speculations are that it "sank". Other than that, samo samo.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I read a detailed debunking of the computer controlled theory, things like it takes an experienced pilot to turn a plane in such a way and to fly it like it did, as well as turning off the systems,

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Im still going with diego air force bas or christchurch than aligned with said cargo stolen from maersk alabama for whatever its intended purpose is biological or nuclear arms. Followed by gru as to throw off the Russians.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The link to the CH5 documentary, where the ''non standard'' communication is mentioned. It isn't watchable online unless it is put on youtube.

www.channel5.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Try listening to the radio traffic on liveatc.net

Here is JFK. Check the tower feed.

You will hear how the communications flow. Often when the plane is handed off you hear the flight id and good night, good day, etc. Often from the pilot also. Good night after a communication for a hand off is pretty common.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

roadgravel
Try listening to the radio traffic on liveatc.net

Here is JFK. Check the tower feed.

You will hear how the communications flow. Often when the plane is handed off you hear the flight id and good night, good day, etc. Often from the pilot also. Good night after a communication for a hand off is pretty common.

JFK is special, you won't find that machine gun Brooklyn accent anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

The two satellite footprints visible basically centred on the Horn of Africa and eastern Red Sea appear to be sun syncronous orbits of military observation satellites at an medium altitude of roughly 3,240 statute miles with a footprint of 2,543nm. The other two with pear shaped coverage areas are what they call Tundra satellites which whilst not geosyncronous are higly inclined so that they change very little in position and are probably for facilitation of communication with flights to Antactrica and bases in Antarctica.

I can't fid a registry of Satellites classifying them by their altitudes, can anyone suggest such a registry for me please?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Getting pretty busy tonight. Just hear a 'so long' at hand off.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Saying ''good night'' isn't the issue, it is the fact that the ID wasn't mentioned, and if you read the 54mins transcript you will see that the MH370 replies apart from the signing off has the MH370 ID, which is standard, for example the correct way of signing out before going onto another ATC area would be ''MH370 says goodnight'' or ''MH370 roger and out'' or ''MH370 copies that and out'' etc.

This is made more suspicious due to the fact that it was within minutes of the transponder being manually switched off and then minutes after that, the ACARS was deliberately switched off.

It might be something it might be nothing but it was mentioned in the documentary and a few media reports, I would like clarification from that specific ATC, and if that was regular practice for that particular co pilot, then it would clarify if it wasn't routine.

Conjecture of ''everybody says it'' etc might be fine as a generalisation, but when a whole plane of people disappeared such specific forensic details relevant to specific possible perpetrators are essential.

It would also be interesting to know the COA ATC took when it realised the transponder was switched off and if they took any action re the lack of ID, did it ask for ID, did it repeat it's message expecting an ID reply etc, they obviousl realised it was flying off secondary radar and no comms so did it reply immediately after the ID wasn't given, etc, was the transponder being switched off realised before the ATC communication etc, all are details that give clues.
edit on 21-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
The link to the CH5 documentary, where the ''non standard'' communication is mentioned. It isn't watchable online unless it is put on youtube.

www.channel5.com...

I will put it on Youtube shortly, I have it downloaded

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Yes, the ID should be in the read back. But most of what I have been reading here is people thinking good night is some rare phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

That's great, thanks.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't think it means much. I have hear an aircraft responded without ID at hand off. Not good but it doesn't mean it wasn't an oversight.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Yes, on an average flight, though I wondered the significance this had on any COA in conjunction to the realisation of the lack of transponder response, the flight going off ATC radar, I know it was switch over though there are procedures for making sure flights can't just fly off wherever they like when they enter another ATC area.
edit on 21-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

It could be either circumstance, oversight or non pilot. (unless they verified the voice). Sometimes the smallest detail is what make the biggest break.

new topics

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join