It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 247
<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

option158
reply to post by sy.gunson

12m x 12m = 24m

two containers still connected.....

There is an RAAF P-3 Orion circling over it at this moment and i am sure they can recognise a container when they see one

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Sorry, clearly going blind.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
So as of right now, how long is it going to take to get there and start looking.

I feel as if its probably not the plane.

But thats just a gut feeling and nothing more. We shall see.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by robsmith

I think they were reluctant to relay the exact location until they had ships/planes on scene, to prevent potential raiding of the debris field.

Once they had confirmed one jet is on scene, they are now releasing the locale. He also stated they will be releasing the images now. (During the press conference) He also stated the images are non-specific. He also did not want to raise hopes falseley, to have it be something else, but they must be operating with a high degree of confidence to have redirected so many countries, and so many resources, to the area.

It may turn out to be nothing. It may be the plane. The only way to know, is to get there and find the debris, without worrying about others picking it up.

And yes, people raid debris fields, look at how people behaved after the shuttle disaster. They literally had to be threatened with federal arrest to stay away and not pocket pieces.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

andr3w68
So as of right now, how long is it going to take to get there and start looking.

I feel as if its probably not the plane.

But thats just a gut feeling and nothing more. We shall see.

One Orion jet is there, over the area. Two on the way, due to arrive soon. One Orion ship is on the way. A merchant ship was contacted and volunteered to help. They will call the merchant ship with locations of debris, and he will pick it up.

9 Chinese ships are en route.

The US Poseidon, and multiple US jets are en route.

Most are due to arrive at or about 4 hours from press time, which was 4pm Australian time.

edit on 20-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

It could be anything this is by the Indian ocean debris patch seems like a big distraction and hopefully im wrong but could be wasting valuable time and resources diverting ships planes from other areas without it being verified...seems they went full out attack with 9 chinese ships on the way also...so if their wrong they just wasted more invaluable time in a debris patch of circumvented 24 metre plastic

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruth2014

If it doesn't turn out to be 'it' then let's hope they pick up the trash and help keep the oceans clean while they're out there.

It seems like an awful lot of resources to use on what they're saying is merely a possibility. It does sound like they're holding back info.

PM is supposed to be jetting off to PNG this arvo, too. Typical. When the # goes down in Oz he is ALWAYS somewhere else. Maybe he'll postpone.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Splodge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Is it just me, but when I look at the maps they are showing on television of this far-south Indian Ocean search area, it seems like it's "on the way" to the Kerguelen Islands / Heard Island and McDonald Islands area?

Not much going-on down that part of the Indian ocean - unless you are a geologist studying undersea volcanic activity of the Kerguelen Plateau or some other scientific endeavor.

I can't see any reason MH370 to have been intentionally headed that way. Of course, perhaps it was just flying "zombie" on autopilot until it went-into "lawn-dart" mode (ala 1999 South Dakota Learjet crash).

edit on 2014-3-20 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Fixed linky things.

edit on 2014-3-20 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Gammer, spllling, etc.

edit on 2014-3-20 by EnhancedInterrogator because: More psylling erros.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Splodge

Its actually funny they mention scattered and surrounded by "smaller debris" when theyre in indian debris patch...well no # is it going to be surrounded by little mermaid and telekinetic dolphins

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Is it possible for carbon monoxide, or some other gas, to knock out everyone (or kill them) and the plane flew on autopilot until it crashed? A significant fire would cause the plane to blow-up, or fly apart and crash sooner, wouldn't it?
-cwm

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It is being said by Katherine Heridge (sp) on Fox News now, that the Pentagon and NTSB, FAA, all got together and re-valuated the evidence, both northern corridor and southern corridor.

They calculated not only the fuel, but the drift, and came up, last week, with the new search area in the southern corridor.

The US and Australia redirected their search efforts to that area yesterday, which is the very furthest extent that the jet liner could have possibly gone.

It ended up being fruitful, as satellite refocusing on that area had found the debris that had allowed for drift.

They followed the advisory of the NTSB in the US, and now, they have the found debris field.

They still have no known cause or reason, that is yet to come, hopefully, they will find the black boxes. It does appear as though the plane was on auto pilot, and simply flew until out of fuel, which would simply mean all aboard were all incapacitated.

Anything beyond that is pure speculation at this point, but, the fact does appear, if this IS the plane, it flew until out of fuel, coasted, then, crashed. It has had 12 days now, to drift.

They may, or may not, be able to get to what is on the bottom. Considering they know the water is several thousand feet deep, over an abyssal area, they know more than they may be telling.
One jet there now, about 3 hours, 4 more on the way, due to arrive within 3 to 4 hours, depending on which jet you are talking about.

The weather has not been good the past few hours.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Too far for auto pilot with all the "deliberate" altitude changes and terrain avoidance would've presumably crashed way more northward unless the ocean currents are that strong it pushed the debris 200-300 miles a day which is highly doubtful imho

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Splodge

I agree. They know more than they are letting on. Way many resources over sorta kinda maybe nothing. But, cautionary.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I have been paying fairly close attention to this event and one of the things I have found most revealing has been the media itself.

Where I am I get BBC, CBC, ABC (Australian), CNN/Fox/MSNBC, RT, Aji and CCTV.

If it wasn't for the basic fact of the flight number, I would not believe they were all covering the same story at times. At other times, it is clear that they are only repeating what they saw on each others broadcasts.

It seems as though the need to broadcast SOMETHING is more important than actually investigating the story.

The families must be going through hell.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

thetruth2014

Too far for auto pilot with all the "deliberate" altitude changes and terrain avoidance would've presumably crashed way more northward unless the ocean currents are that strong it pushed the debris 200-300 miles a day which is highly doubtful imho

I am thinking, from what was released by the NTSB, FAA, and Pentagon, that all those twists and turns on the Malaysian maps, are lies.

Apparently, he went a different path, far different from the Malaysian path we have been fed. I would look for the US info, as opposed to Malay info, and see which puts the plane closer to this point, now. The Pentagon allegedly states they reached this conclusion last week.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
ABC reporting Poseidon getting radar hits above the site...

link   
reply to post by thetruth2014

Well, I agree that not all those flight changes could have been autopilot. But, I also am not familiar with all the "way-pointing" capabilities that a 777 might have either. Maybe the auto-pilot can be pre-programmed to make changes automatically at various way-points.

However, I was thinking all of those heading changes, leading up to the point of heading out into the Indian Ocean were all done by a human, and then at some point after that (after the last intentional heading change) - something went wrong. Maybe whoever was flying the aircraft (or trying to), lost control. Maybe most of the passengers and crew were already in capacitated, and whoever was trying to keep flying ran-out of Oxygen from the bottle (ala Helios Airways Flight 522). Anyway, maybe it then just continued on last heading, until it ran out of fuel?

edit on 2014-3-20 by EnhancedInterrogator because: spllen, gammer.

link   
My bet is that the P-3 Orion scoops the shot of the debris first, if there is any. That's my bird, and it can also fly lower than the
the Poseidon if required, but the Poseidon is superior in it's longer range reconnaissance.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

carewemust

Is it possible for carbon monoxide, or some other gas, to knock out everyone (or kill them) and the plane flew on autopilot until it crashed? A significant fire would cause the plane to blow-up, or fly apart and crash sooner, wouldn't it?
-cwm

It is more likely the pitch to 40,000 feet asphyxiated everyone, including the pilot. If the plane was preprogrammed to turn, and the copilot said, "all right, good night", then cut comms, that would be about the point that something had to happen. That was the hand off to the next comm, that never came. However, instead of heading Nort, it went south.

Strange how it went the opposite way, and is seemingly found at the most extreme end of the fuel range.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

They wouldnt exactly be all lies because the Thai military radar corraborated the reports of the twists and turns over mainland again...and western sources I.e ntsb corraborated and validated that with their satalite ping analysis

new topics

top topics

<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join