It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
media.smh.com.au...:fac- 13omn1676-edtrl-other:nnn-17/02/2014-edtrs_socialshare-all-nnn-nnn-vars-o&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nc&eid=socialn%3Atwi-13omn 1677-edtrl-other%3Annn-17%2F02%2F2014-edtrs_socialshare-all-nnn-nnn-vars-o%26sa%3DD%26usg%3DALhdy28zsr6qiq Link to live press conference

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Almost over, but live feed of press conference:

video.theaustralian.com.au...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pejanene

I'm going to say 24m shipping container .

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Australia is sending several aircraft to fly over and inspect 2 pieces of floating debris. I hope they don't crash into each other! BTW.. are their any aircraft that can dispatch a small helicopter to swoop down and take a REALLY CLOSE look before ships arrive? If the debris is something a big ship threw overboard, the vessels can save themselves the trip.

Edit to Add: THANKS ATS FAMILY for not starting a new thread every time a new theory, clue, or lead regarding this missing aircraft comes to light. Having just one thread to go to for learning current status is a pleasure and convenience!
edit on 3/19/2014 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
No way an 80 foot piece of a crashed airliner would still be floating after 12 days.

They are far from proving anything about 370.

link   
reply to post by Brocade

Ill say it u.s.a another coup another false flag another propaganda war to eventually rev the war machine...as for the flight plan it can be programmed beforehand or in flight...why hasnt the recording from the Singapore airlines plane radioing in been released after not responding to atc ? Id love to hear that but uh oh seems its "classified" but question is for whom or for what reason

link   

Its from my understanding and reading transcripts of take offs and landings that the captain not the first officer signs off with and radios in for lanfing atc and "good night" was uttered last words by the co pilot 45 mins after take off I find that strange and not the norm

First, I don't know the KL and Malaysia control area but if it is like other areas...

They were leaving the Malaysia control area. It would not have been take off communications. Probably a different group of controllers from the tower.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

That debris has already been dispelled as not mh370

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

thetruth2014
reply to post by carewemust

That debris has already been dispelled as not mh370

Then I must be watching a recorded CNN broadcast tonight. I hate when they try to pass off old news as new news!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth2014

www.abc.net.au...

Heres Tonys push for more defence spending.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth2014

They're sending out planes to search the new area now www.skynews.com.au...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Not necessarily take off communications...yes it reached its cruising altitude but its customary that the captain sign and sign off with atc whether localized or entering foreign airspace hence im asking isnt it unusual its confirmed via vouce recognizance that in fact it was the 27 year old co pilot who was signing off when simaltanouesly they were about to enter Vietnamese airspace and that is the first officers role to inform the captain. Multitasking much ?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

carewemust
Australia is sending several aircraft to fly over and inspect 2 pieces of floating debris. I hope they don't crash into each other! ...

Yeah!
Well, I hope the pilots don't decide to hijack their own planes, 'cause then, this could really get screwy!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Makes me sick to watch reporters act excited to hear that wreckage may be found. You would think it would be more somber type tones considering what that ultimately means.

I'm still hoping there are survivors, no matter what happened on MH370.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

thetruth2014

Not necessarily take off communications...yes it reached its cruising altitude but its customary that the captain sign and sign off with atc whether localized or entering foreign airspace hence im asking isnt it unusual its confirmed via vouce recognizance that in fact it was the 27 year old co pilot who was signing off when simaltanouesly they were about to enter Vietnamese airspace and that is the first officers role to inform the captain. Multitasking much ?

You said take off and landing.....

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Hmmmmmmm
No way an 80 foot piece of a crashed airliner would still be floating after 12 days.

There will be a movie made about the flock of dolphins that swam under the 70' remnant, waving their flippers...some dying of dehydration and starvation...just...so the...satellite-then-S&R planes, could find it....
... Can't Wait!
(Did you ever see the movie - "Muse"...? - - - - Thanks for the inspiration!)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Do they know who was flying the plane at the communication loss?
edit on 3/20/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

option158
reply to post by pejanene

I'm going to say 24m shipping container .

Or an abandoned sailboat.

Not unheard of in that neck of the woods.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Yes I consider take off and ascent prior to autopilot being turned on and crusing altitude reached as part of take off proceedings they were only 45 mins into their 6.5 flight and it takes a good duration to reach 35, 000 feet as part of "take off"

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just transcribed as best I could from the live press conference NOT recorded, the best I could. This is not pre-recorded, this is breaking news. Nothing has been determined yet!
This debris was found within a 100 mile area south of the new search area as determined by the Pentagon as of last night.

edit on 20-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join