It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 224
<< 221  222  223    225  226  227 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Israel boosts defence against possible MH370 terror attack

Israel has taken a proactive stance to defend itself against potential terrorism, putting the country's air control on high alert.
According to CNN, the measure is to safeguard Israel against the missing plane being deployed against the country as a weapon.
With investigations pointing to a number of factors that have led to strong suspicions flight MH370 was hijacked, Israeli aviation and security officials met and produced a series of evaluations over the past week.
Israel will tighten security standards for all flights that enter its aerial territory by requiring pilots to identify at earlier points.
The officials also decided on a long list of other security regulations that will remain classified.

Edit to add:
UN -backed nuclear watchdog detected no explosion or crash

A UN-backed nuclear watchdog has said that it did not detect either any explosion or crash that could be linked to the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, amid continued speculation over fate of the aircraft.
"Regarding the missing Malaysian Airlines flight... the Vienna-based Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) confirmed that neither an explosion nor a plane crash on land or on water had been detected so far," Spokesman for UN secretary general Ban Ki-moon Stephane Dujarric told reporters here on Monday.
Dujarric said plane accidents may be detected, depending on individual circumstances, by three of the four technologies used by the CTBTO's International Monitoring System (IMS).
While the verification system has been put in place to detect nuclear explosions, it is also able to detect the explosion of a larger aircraft, as well as its impact on the ground or on water.

edit on 18-3-2014 by auroraaus because: found another article, tacked on to post to limit spammage

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Darn right man! People here still has this belief that China is telling as the whole truth and I can understand if Malaysia can't provide anything as they were provided the same wrong info as we are too.
I think people in the know in the US gov't just needs conclusive proof that it is actually in China before releasing a statement.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has read this theory - haven't finished reading it but thought I'd share it with everyone first.

Did Malaysian Airlines 370 disappear using SIA68/SQ68 (another 777)?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The taliban are denying any involvement.

Aviation officials in Pakistan, India and Central Asia, as well as Taliban militants, said they knew nothing about the whereabouts of a missing Malaysian jetliner on Monday after the search for Flight MH370 extended into their territory.

So why is the USA pulling out their ship USS Kidd from the search area?
The answer is

"With the search area expanding into the southern Indian Ocean, long range patrol aircraft such as the P-8A Poseidon and P-3C Orion are more suited to the current SAR mission," said the statement.

"Covering up to 15,000 square miles in one 9-hour flight, the P-8 and P-3 can search larger areas with their advanced surface search radars and electro-optical sensors as well as fly low for visual identification when needed."

edit on 18 Mar 2014 by qmantoo because: the answer

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Apparently US as well as Australia and NZ are doing aerial searches in the Southern Indian Ocean. So a degree of US involvement in the physical search is something, I guess.

I also read that China are conducting searches in their western region, is that true?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Chinese news site Xinhua with news feed of articles updated as and when.

China readjusting search efforts for missing flight
English.news.cn 2014-03-18 00:16:17

So far, eight Chinese vessels are on call over the Gulf of Thailand,
while the other two are in waters near Singapore, according to He Jianzhong, director of the China Maritime Search and Rescue Center.
Another vessel is on its way to Singapore and expected to reach there Tuesday night, He disclosed.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Going back to the cargo, why fly mangosteens from Malaysia if you can grow them in your own country??

The mangosteen tree is found predominantly in Southeast Asia in countries like China, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan and Philippines. There has been attempts to grow them in the US but it has not been successful.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

civpop
Going back to the cargo, why fly mangosteens from Malaysia if you can grow them in your own country??

I think it could be a land and time issue. The trees can take up to 10 years to fruit, there's generally only one or two harvest windows each year and it would be cheaper (land wise, labour wise etc) to import I suppose. Perhaps they were to boost stocks in China, or to extend the season on shelves.

I don't know. It's my first day.
edit on 18-3-2014 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

auroraaus
Israel boosts defence against possible MH370 terror attack

Israel has taken a proactive stance to defend itself against potential terrorism, putting the country's air control on high alert.
According to CNN, the measure is to safeguard Israel against the missing plane being deployed against the country as a weapon.
With investigations pointing to a number of factors that have led to strong suspicions flight MH370 was hijacked, Israeli aviation and security officials met and produced a series of evaluations over the past week.
Israel will tighten security standards for all flights that enter its aerial territory by requiring pilots to identify at earlier points.
The officials also decided on a long list of other security regulations that will remain classified.

Edit to add:
UN -backed nuclear watchdog detected no explosion or crash

A UN-backed nuclear watchdog has said that it did not detect either any explosion or crash that could be linked to the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, amid continued speculation over fate of the aircraft.
"Regarding the missing Malaysian Airlines flight... the Vienna-based Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) confirmed that neither an explosion nor a plane crash on land or on water had been detected so far," Spokesman for UN secretary general Ban Ki-moon Stephane Dujarric told reporters here on Monday.
Dujarric said plane accidents may be detected, depending on individual circumstances, by three of the four technologies used by the CTBTO's International Monitoring System (IMS).
While the verification system has been put in place to detect nuclear explosions, it is also able to detect the explosion of a larger aircraft, as well as its impact on the ground or on water.

edit on 18-3-2014 by auroraaus because: found another article, tacked on to post to limit spammage

Auroraaus, from memory I think these satellites you refer to respond to flashes of Gamma rays and also look for smuggled radioactive materials, for example they can detect Plutonium or Uranium hidden inside shipping containers from space. Not so sure they help detect infra red flashes from aircraft explosions.

Thing is we have a sighting off Vietnam from an oil rig worker and they will not even consider that yet.

Somebody asked about cell phones and some serious thought should be given to tracking cell phone numbers belonging to passengers on that flight to see if they activated cell phone towers after the aircraft left Malaysian Radar coverage in the Straits of Malacca.

For example cell phones activate the nearest cell phone towers by line of sight.

If you found a trail of cell phone towers picking up one or more cell phones from the aircraft maybe flying over Thailand, Burma or China etc then that would give you a search corridor and stop the wasting of time money and effort looking in the wrong place.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

And China's landmass is huge, it doesn't mean that if a certain plant grows and bears fruit in Fujian province, it will grow everywhere else in China too.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

In the article :

Zerbo has also encouraged all scientists from UN member states to carefully study the available data. He had said the CTBTO uses "infrasound" — or infrasonic sensors — to monitor the earth mainly for atmospheric nuclear explosions

So apparently they would be looking at unusual sound waves as opposed to light waves.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

auroraaus
reply to post by qmantoo

Apparently US as well as Australia and NZ are doing aerial searches in the Southern Indian Ocean. So a degree of US involvement in the physical search is something, I guess.

I also read that China are conducting searches in their western region, is that true?

That's a smart move and i would bet money that it ended up on a hillside or in the jungles of upper Burma, Assam, Bhutan, Tibet, Mekong or Salween gorges etc. Some of those regions are very remote with heavy rainfall.

During WW2 they called this area the Aluminium trail for all the wrecked aircraft there.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well, food in China is shady to say the least. Imported foods command pretty good premiums.

Having said that, I have a hard time believing the cargo was just mangosteens.

civpop

The mangosteen tree is found predominantly in Southeast Asia in countries like China, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan and Philippines. There has been attempts to grow them in the US but it has not been successful.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

auroraaus

In the article :

Zerbo has also encouraged all scientists from UN member states to carefully study the available data. He had said the CTBTO uses "infrasound" — or infrasonic sensors — to monitor the earth mainly for atmospheric nuclear explosions

So apparently they would be looking at unusual sound waves as opposed to light waves.

No very powerful bursts of nuclear radiation. I am not sure if they use visible wavelengths, but I stand to be corrected if someone knows more?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Chinese authorities have the cell phone numbers of Chinese citizens lost on that flight. I sincerely hope if cell phones were activated after 3am that morning that someone checks where they were activating cell towers because that could lead to a wreck site

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Not just radiation sy!

Taken from their website: www.ctbto.org... Having issues with link but go to that site, look down to recent news march 14th. *grumbles at her incompetence*

Airplane accidents may be detected, depending on the individual circumstances, by three of the four technologies used by the CTBTO’s International Monitoring System (IMS):

• Infrasound stations may detect an explosion: 60* stations around the world constantly “listen” for ultra-low frequency sound waves from nuclear explosions, but routinely detect other (smaller) explosions as well. See here (PDF) for background information on the potential for detection of flight MH370 through infrasound.

• Seismic stations could detect the impact of a larger aircraft on the ground: 170 stations sense the ground for shockwaves.

• Hydroacoustic stations are like hyper-sensitive microphones listening in the oceans. The 11 hydroacoustic stations can potentially detect the impact of a large aircraft into the oceans.

A few incidents involving planes have been registered in the past such as the crash of the FedEx cargo plane at Narita International Airport, Japan, in March 2009 or the crash of two F16 military aircraft at an air show in Belgium, in 2003. In those cases, IMS infrasound stations located within a few tens to a few hundreds of kilometres detected the events.

edit on 18-3-2014 by auroraaus because: trying to fix link.

edit on 18-3-2014 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

game over man
The plane clearly disappeared. I can't believe everyone on ATS is just reguritating the media. The plane is gone and it's obviously a conspiracy! There are anomalies too! The plane disappeared and the technology that took the plane is leaving behind this strange evidence. Period.

Aircraft disappear from radar coverage because of the radar horizon... that's all, nothing sinister in that.

If it had a transponder switched on then it could be tracked. If Malaysian Airlines paid INMARSAT for satellite bandwidth then ACARS could track the flight, but it did not have ACARS enabled.

Nobody is debating that it went missing after flying through the Straits of Malacca.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

auroraaus

Not just radiation sy!

Taken from their website: www.ctbto.org... light-mh370/

Airplane accidents may be detected, depending on the individual circumstances, by three of the four technologies used by the CTBTO’s International Monitoring System (IMS):

• Infrasound stations may detect an explosion: 60* stations around the world constantly “listen” for ultra-low frequency sound waves from nuclear explosions, but routinely detect other (smaller) explosions as well. See here (PDF) for background information on the potential for detection of flight MH370 through infrasound.

• Seismic stations could detect the impact of a larger aircraft on the ground: 170 stations sense the ground for shockwaves.

• Hydroacoustic stations are like hyper-sensitive microphones listening in the oceans. The 11 hydroacoustic stations can potentially detect the impact of a large aircraft into the oceans.

A few incidents involving planes have been registered in the past such as the crash of the FedEx cargo plane at Narita International Airport, Japan, in March 2009 or the crash of two F16 military aircraft at an air show in Belgium, in 2003. In those cases, IMS infrasound stations located within a few tens to a few hundreds of kilometres detected the events.

edit on 18-3-2014 by auroraaus because: trying to fix link.

I see what you mean, I think you're talking about a network of sensors rather than one particular system. I've heard how some US cities use infra-sound to detect gunshots, but for that to work you would need a ground based network of microphones in that region.

Sound can't be detected in the vacuum of space, but obviously this network ties in several sensor networks.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The Chinese detected hydroaccoustic shock-waves off the seabed of Vietnam but that was about 2.10am if i recall and then the aircraft was detected flying into Malaysian airspace around 2.40am

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I just had an inspiration. The Australians have an over the horizon radar array in Western Australia known as the Jindalee network. It works by bouncing radio waves off the undersides of the ionosphere with a 1,800nm range. It is designed to look towards the Indian Ocean and Sumatra. It is constantly monitored for unidentified aircraft for hostile aircraft and smuggling.

The Australians would already know if it flew into the southern Indian Ocean, but they're searching to pretend they don't know. They are remaining secretive to conceal the capabilities of their Jindalee network:

Jindalee

new topics

top topics

<< 221  222  223    225  226  227 >>

join