It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I will not embed this video of Uighur violence, just a link if you dare to watch it. Be warned it is hard to look at. But I think it will put light on how bad this problem is. I am convinced now this missing plane is connected with the Uighur issue. I never heard of Uighurs before this missing plane! That shows how pathetic the media really are.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

What about clearing up some facts for us like how to disable the transponder, is it so easy as clicking a switch On , Standby or Off.
What about the ACAR do it have a similar switch.?
Some talk about climbing above 40kft is that possible so soon after take off full of fuel.?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

CraftBuilder
Almost every time I refresh the page on the PPRUNE forum some interesting post disappears. The last one was about ATC at one point trying like crazy to reach the plane on 121.5.

121.5 is the standard Emergency Freq. Sometimes called Guard by the military.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Norge

What about clearing up some facts for us like how to disable the transponder, is it so easy as clicking a switch On , Standby or Off.
What about the ACAR do it have a similar switch.?
Some talk about climbing above 40kft is that possible so soon after take off full of fuel.?

Transponder easy. Off or standby, one push of a button or turn of a dial depending on the model xpdr. ACARS disablement requires going into the under cabin bay. Accessible via the cabin floor hatch. NoNo land for pilots LOL.

If full of fuel and with pax, highly unlikely they could climb direct to FL400. It would have to be a step climb, burning off fuel before continuing climb.
edit on Sat, 15 Mar 2014 19:17:23 -050020142014-03-15T19:17:23-05:00kfSaturday17America/ChicagoSat, 15 Mar 2014 19:17:23 -0500 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Perhaps the Pakatan Rakyat / People's Alliance, the opposition to the Malaysia government to which the pilot is reportedly a supporter of, and reportedly recently launched an appeal for support for, is tied to Al Quada somehow.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pakatan Rakyat or PR (English: People's Pact / People's Alliance) is an informal Malaysian political coalition. It currently controls three state governments while in opposition to the ruling Barisan Nasional (BN) at the federal level.
The political coalition was formed by the People's Justice Party (PKR), Democratic Action Party (DAP), and Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) on April 1, 2008, after the 12th Malaysian general election, having previously formed the Barisan Alternatif (Alternative Front) in the 10th general election. On April 20, 2010, the Sarawak National Party (SNAP) officially joined as a member of the Pakatan Rakyat after being expelled from Barisan Nasional, but quit the coalition on May 6, 2011.[1]

www2.canada.com...

There is similar pressure on politicians in neighbouring Malaysia, where the 28 million Muslims are mostly ethnic Malays and make up just over half the population.

Malaysia has seen a steady increase in Islamic conservatism that started with the overthrow of the shah in Iran in 1979 and the establishment of an Islamic republic.

But this movement accelerated in the 1990s in part because the Malaysian government allowed - and sometimes encouraged - male students to attend the radical Wahhabist religious schools, madrassas, in Pakistan, which are funded by Saudi Arabia and which have produced not only the Taliban, but many of the terrorist recruits in Southeast Asia.

These radical influences have had a profound effect on politics, with the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) becoming a force to be reckoned with, especially in some of the more conservative provinces.

Even so, the PAS is a pragmatic Islamic party and is part of the opposition Pakatan Rakyat coalition with an avowedly secular party and a largely Christian ethnic Chinese party.

www.wrmea.org... ia-and-singapore.html

Embarassingly for the Islamic Party of Malaysia (PAS), a leading figure among the first KMM detainees was Nik Adli Nik Aziz, son of the chief minister of the PAS-run state of Kelantan. The Malaysian government has made use of this fact to suggest a link between PAS and the KMM, but it has produced no concrete evidence that an organizational tie does exist. PAS, for its part, has not only tried to distance itself from the KMM, but has argued that, having made significant gains through electoral politics, it is not in its interests to involve itself in the kind of violent activities that most Malaysian Muslims would find repugnant.

edit on 15-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Uighur became a highly possible scenario when the map was shown of the last possible known positions. You have the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region and Kazakhstan (the top area of Uighur's, followed by Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan, both possible final locations).

I think the possible scenarios are Uighur's, Iranian's, Somalian's, the Chinese and since I've added that conspiracy in, I might as well end with the US.

I'd be surprised if it was something different.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Im trying to establish the procedure for changing the aircrafts i/d on the transponder, as someone asked earlier about changing flight 370s flight code if it flew again.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

That's why I found it interesting that the post disappeared. It seemed fairly relevant and not something that had been discussed before. I see now that some long term member pilots are complaining that their posts have been disappearing on the MH370 thread.

I always monitor 121.5 and 243 at home just for interest sake.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

UKGuy1805

Im trying to establish the procedure for changing the aircrafts i/d on the transponder, as someone asked earlier about changing flight 370s flight code if it flew again.

Simple to change code, turn 4 dials or push 4 buttons. BUT, mode S on the transponder will always show the aircraft registration number. That can only be changed in an avionics shop with special equipment.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Time to run folks. Keep up the good work! CYA tomorrow. Rock

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying that, its kind of what i had thought that even with a different flight code showing the hex code that is unique to individual aircraft, would allways show with mode s transponders aslong as it is switched on ofcourse.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CraftBuilder

maybe they're dangerous info that can be used by future hijackers who love to mine info in pilot or conspiracy forums

maybe....

peace

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

rockflier

UKGuy1805

Simple to change code, turn 4 dials or push 4 buttons. BUT, mode S on the transponder will always show the aircraft registration number. That can only be changed in an avionics shop with special equipment.

Are avionics shops a regular part of any international airport? Or are the tools necessary able to be easily transported to a hangar possibly? That would be a serious issue....any chance these tools are tracked or secured in any way? If so I would hope that angle has already been looked into or is currently being checked.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

cya rock

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I think too that the Uighur connection is quite possible. Although the Ukraine/Crimea issue being a connection is also quite possible. Crimea votes today (tomorrow I think aussie time) in a referendum for secession from Ukraine. The results of which, either for or against, will no doubt erupt in more violence. I say this because of the 2 Ukrainians and 1 Russian on board. They could be, just like the Uighur passenger or the 2 Iranians, completely innocent of course. But still, if we are looking at the Uighurs as a motive, there are still others on the plane that could also have related motives.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Maintenance sections at airports should have accsess to these avionics i would hav ethought? as i would imagine it would fall under the maintenance a technical running of the plane.
I may be wrong and perhaps any a/c avionics experts could chime in.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Just gonna throw my theory into the fray...
Having lived through the 9/11 fiasco and been sold the OS for a few years (yes embarrassing I know!) I look for patterns in these situations, and equally importantly, motive. I see the same patterns, but I do not see clear motive. BUT one thing I do recongnise are signs of a 'mistake'. Something went slightly against plan on 9/11 when flight 93 was shot down and thus did not hit its intended target (whitehouse? WTC7?) and so WTC7 becomes a simple clear smoking gun when it collapses.
So my theory with 370 is that something went wrong - again not sure what motive was but plan was abandoned for fears of exposing the conspiracy. Its actually hard even for TPTB to get away with things these days with so many eyes and ears watching - and so when something went wrong it was a total call-off and scuttle. We'll NEVER find 370 (until 9/11 etc are exposed).

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

auroraaus

I think too that the Uighur connection is quite possible. Although the Ukraine/Crimea issue being a connection is also quite possible. Crimea votes today (tomorrow I think aussie time) in a referendum for secession from Ukraine. The results of which, either for or against, will no doubt erupt in more violence. I say this because of the 2 Ukrainians and 1 Russian on board. They could be, just like the Uighur passenger or the 2 Iranians, completely innocent of course. But still, if we are looking at the Uighurs as a motive, there are still others on the plane that could also have related motives.

I can't see the Crimea Ukraine connection really. That issue is too recent in the news for a plan like this to have been involved. This hijacking took a long time to plan. That and if it was related to them my thought it that there would have been some party to take responsibility by now.

The only two reasons for nobody to have taken responsibility yet are that the plane was simply commandeered by the pilot and downed in the ocean or there is a secondary mission that has not been completed and they are keeping quiet until it is done.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

The Muslim component of Crimea don't wan't Russian control again.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Cheers guys. I like to see possibilities from different angles and other thoughts in case there's something I missed.

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join