It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Mikeultra

USS Ponce
www.ponce.navy.mil...

The Navy is about to take a big step for military-kind; this summer they will add the first ship-mounted laser to their fleet. The USS Ponce will be equipped with the phaser-like laser weapon, and yes, it’s exactly as cool – and as deadly – as it sounds. So how much of this new device reflects the fictional laser weapons of science fiction lore?
science.dodlive.mil...

I wonder if there were any similar U.S. Navy ships in the area where MH370 disappeared on March 08, 2014. There has to be a prototype.

Ah. That name brought out my juvenile side again.
Ponce is analogous to pimp in the UK.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by civpop

GLP is not a reputable site.

Des

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
omfg they're saying it may have landed on china/Kyrgyzstan border and that the captain's wife and 3 kids seem to be on the lam...

sound the air sirens.

source

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Civpop, I found it via googling your excerpt on Inquirer.net
‘Deliberate’ disappearance of Malaysian flight fuels families’ worries

This is the only place I can see it, though, and I'm not sure about the site itself, either.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
seems like it really was the Uighurs after all...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

EXCELLENT find!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Nyiah
reply to post by civpop

Civpop, I found it via googling your excerpt on Inquirer.net
‘Deliberate’ disappearance of Malaysian flight fuels families’ worries

This is the only place I can see it, though, and I'm not sure about the site itself, either.

Aw thanks, yeah I'm not sure as it's not mentioned on any other media outlet, thanks though :-)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Where is the story to back this up?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Bloody hell it's all happening now

CNN reports police have just left the home of the MH370 co-pilot carrying small bags.

Police made no comment about their activities at the home of co-pilot, Fariq Ab Hamid, 27. Two vans exited the home carrying small bags, similar to shopping bags, but it was unclear whether the bags were taken from the home.

Link

Also reports pilots wife and kids moved out of family home day before the flight?..
edit on 15-3-2014 by civpop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

slip2break
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Other than the various 'pings' detected emanating from various equipment on board the plane, is there any possible contact by radar after around 1:30? I'm seriously asking this as there has been so much information out there, I've lost track of that part of the narrative.

It seems there is no other radar information (which has been released at least).

From the PM's statement.

Today, based on raw satellite data that was obtained from the satellite data service provider, we can confirm that the aircraft shown in the primary radar data was flight MH370. After much forensic work and deliberation, the FAA, NTSB, AAIB and the Malaysian authorities, working separately on the same data, concur.

According to the new data, the last confirmed communication between the plane and the satellite was at 8:11AM Malaysian time on Saturday 8th March. The investigations team is making further calculations which will indicate how far the aircraft may have flown after this last point of contact. This will help us to refine the search.

Due to the type of satellite data, we are unable to confirm the precise location of the plane when it last made contact with the satellite.......
...... We are working with the relevant countries to request all information relevant to the search, including radar data.

So they are now looking at Radar from other countries but presumably will not release any further information until they've verified it and can say it was MH370.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
CNN is reporting the ACARS was turned off prior to the last known message from MH370 "alright, goodnight" and they are calling it a "gamechanger." I have not heard at what time they are saying it was shut off but must have been prior to 1:07 am.

This timeline from ABC, shows the trasponder was turned off at 1:21am, after the good night message.

Malaysia Airlines and its CHanging Timeline

12:41 a.m.: Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 takes off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia heading for Beijing, China. The plane shows up on radar two minutes after taking off.

1:07 a.m.: The last automated data transmission is sent from the plane. U.S officials told ABC News they believe that sometime after this transmission the data reporting system was shut down. Sometime after this transmission Kuala Lumpur's air traffic control tells the plane's pilot they are handing off to air traffic control based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The pilot responds, "All right. Good night."

1:21 a.m.: The plane's transponder, which transmits location and altitude, shuts down. Sources told ABC News that U.S. officials are “convinced that there was a manual intervention.”

1:22 a.m.: MH370 should have come to the navigational way-point called Igari point. Before it reached this point, Vietnamese air traffic control noticed they had lost contact with MH370, according to the Vietnam’s Civil Aviation Authority.

1:30 a.m.: The last moment that the plane was seen by Malaysian radar.

1:38 a.m.: Air traffic control in Ho Chi Minh City informs Kuala Lumpur air traffic control about the signal loss. Ho Chi Minh City asks two other planes to contact MH370. Neither plane is able to raise the pilot of MH370. At least one of the planes report getting a “buzz signal” and no voices, then losing the signal.

2:15 a.m.: Malaysian military defense radar picks up traces of the plane hundreds of miles west of MH370’s last contact point. The plane crosses over the Peninsular Malaysia and into the Strait of Malacca. The Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Saturday that the flight path was “consistent with deliberate action by someone on the plane.”

Following hours: In the hours after contact was lost MH370 "pings" a satellite several times. It's not clear if those pings include data that could reveal the plane's location. The Malaysian prime minister said Saturday that the satellite data revealed that the plane flew for approximately seven more hours after dropping off of radar.

6:32 a.m.: A broadcast call was made from Kuala Lumpur's air traffic control on emergency frequencies asking MH370 to call them.

6:51 a.m.: A broadcast call was made from Ho Chi Minh City's air traffic control on emergency frequencies asking MH370 to call them.

8:11 a.m.: The fight makes its last communication with a satellite seven hours and 31 minutes after taking off. Due to the amount of time the plane was in the air, officials are now searching an expansive region covering 5,000 miles from Kazakhstan to the South Indian Ocean

Pilots homes searched

Police made no comment about their activities at the home of co-pilot, Fariq Ab Hamid, 27. Two vans exited the home carrying small bags, similar to shopping bags, but it was unclear whether the bags were taken from the home.

edit on 15-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: add

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reject
omfg they're saying it may have landed on china/Kyrgyzstan border and that the captain's wife and 3 kids seem to be on the lam...

sound the air sirens.

source

So they're saying the pilot's family vacated. But, if so, did they leave willingly? That's a question to ask, no?
edit on 3/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: edit to add quote

ETA: Didn't the police already go to the pilots homes at least a day or two ago? I swear I read that.
edit on 3/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reject

sound the air sirens.

source

How many times in the past few days have these quotes attributed to "Officials" turned out totally incorrect? The headline Officials say missing jet 'likely landed on China/Kyrgyzstan border' is as official/credible as the headline: Officials say missing jet 'likely crashed and is on the bottom of the Indian Ocean' at this point. Yes, it makes for a more interesting story, but the evidence thus far doesn't conclusively point in this direction.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

civpop
Bloody hell it's all happening now

CNN reports police have just left the home of the MH370 co-pilot carrying small bags.

Link

They would have to investigate them though wouldn't they? They wouldn't be doing a proper job otherwise.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've been lurking for years, but joined ATS today after following this thread since day one.

Two questions. First, has it been proven that the pilot's flight simulator was just MS computer-based software, and not a full-motion simulator? Back in the first day or two after the flight's disappearance, it was a friend/relative/work associate of the pilot that brought up the fact that he was such an experienced and skilled pilot, and was so into flying, he even "had a flight simulator installed in his home" (paraphrased). They followed that with "those things are really expensive" or something to that effect. I'm sorry, I can't find the original statements, but does anyone else remember that?

I don't know how much a pilot with Malaysian earns, but I wondered at the time if it had been purchased by another party. Possibly to practice flying an unusually challenging route, which leads to my second question.

If the NW/Kazakh route was taken, it's already been pointed out on this thread that he wouldn't have enough fuel to fly under the radar across all that land distance, due to resistance from the dense air at lower altitudes. What if he followed a due north route over the Bay of Bengal, and dropped to below 10,000 ft upon entering Bangladesh airspace? Continuing north, he would only have to fly 500 miles before reaching the Himalayas, where a skilled pilot could fly within 10,000 feet of the terrain while still experiencing the same air resistance as flying at 25,000 - 30,000 ft. He could then follow the Himalayas in a WNW direction all the way to Kazakhstan, or the surrounding countries, simultaneously evading radar and conserving fuel.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by slip2break

There are sat comms confirmed by Inmarsat, as far as is known, the exact ping times etc are yet to be released though are reported to have been received for AT LEAST 5 HOURS after secondary radar comms, which would suggest more than one ping after 02:40.

From BBC, posted on page 174 of thread.

This system, called "Classic Aero" and operated by London's big satellite telecommunications company Inmarsat, can transmit a range of data, even voice calls.

In its official statement, all Inmarsat will say is that it did indeed receive signals over its network from the plane, and that these were automated "pings".

All this has been shared with the Malaysian authorities.

What my sources tell me is that flight MH370 continued to ping for at least five hours after the aircraft left Malaysian airspace.

edit on 15-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

slip2break

reject

sound the air sirens.

source

How many times in the past few days have these quotes attributed to "Officials" turned out totally incorrect? The headline Officials say missing jet 'likely landed on China/Kyrgyzstan border' is as official/credible as the headline: Officials say missing jet 'likely crashed and is on the bottom of the Indian Ocean' at this point. Yes, it makes for a more interesting story, but the evidence thus far doesn't conclusively point in this direction.

Precisely, no officials have said it landed on any border. The Malay PM said it either went South or West and that they were not convinced it was a highjacking, ie. they still don't know. The headlines are responsible for people complaining the story has changed.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

because this time its not underwater anymore but could be airborne to be used as a missile...potentially

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth

There are radar contact confirmed by Inmarsat, as far as is known, the exact ping times etc are yet to be released though are reported to have been received for AT LEAST 5 HOURS after secondary radar comms, which would suggest more than one ping after 02:40.

From BBC, posted on page 174 of thread.

This system, called "Classic Aero" and operated by London's big satellite telecommunications company Inmarsat, can transmit a range of data, even voice calls.

In its official statement, all Inmarsat will say is that it did indeed receive signals over its network from the plane, and that these were automated "pings".

All this has been shared with the Malaysian authorities.

What my sources tell me is that flight MH370 continued to ping for at least five hours after the aircraft left Malaysian airspace.

Inmarsat are a satelite company , they didn't receive Radar. The 'pings' are nothing to do with radar.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I think they should have done that a week ago, right?

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join