It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

Awww snap! Thanks for showing me that. Well there's still an awful lot of bad things happening on the 11th. Another one was the Mumbai train bombings that used pressure cooker bombs. Al-Qaeda was involved with that one too.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Are we being taken for a ride here figuratively speaking?

CNN, the CIA News Network is leading the charge here with the barrage of “experts” and not one I am sure mentions this possibility quoted below.

FOX, the NAZI news network, is of course leading the “ this is terrorism” charge, as usual.

And even MSNBC is trying to be a real “news” network by reporting extensively on all the mis and did information on this story.

macdailynews.com...
The Hack in the Box security conference in Amsterdam has a very interesting lineup of talks,” Darlene Storm reports for Computerworld. “One that jumped out was the Aircraft Hacking: Practical Aero Series presented by Hugo Teso, a security consultant at n.runs in Germany.” Strom reports, “According to the abstract, ‘This presentation will be a practical demonstration on how to remotely attack and take full control of an aircraft, exposing some of the results of my three years research on the aviation security field. The attack performed will follow the classical methodology, divided in discovery, information gathering, exploitation and post-exploitation phases. The complete attack will be accomplished remotely, without needing physical access to the target aircraft at any time, and a testing laboratory will be used to attack virtual airplanes systems.’” “Once he was into the airplane’s computer, he was able to manipulate the steering of a Boeing jet while the aircraft was in ‘autopilot’ mode. The only countermeasure available to pilots, if they even realized they were being hacked, would be to turn off autopilot. Yet many planes no longer have old analog instruments for manual flying. Teso said he could take control of most all airplane systems; he could even cause the plane to crash by setting it on a collision course with another plane. He could also give the passengers a serious adrenaline rush by making the oxygen masks drop down,” Strom reports. “Teso used his Samsung Galaxy and a specially crafted app called PlaneSploit to demonstrate how to hack an airplane’s computer. Crime Site also showed a quick clip of the hack. And no, PlaneSploit is not going to be available to the masses to hijack planes with their Android devices.” Read more at macdailynews.com...

edit on 15-3-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackpoolOne

Yeah, me, too. Tptb seem determined to find wreckage so they can put this to bed. If not, it's a game changer for the world.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The Malaysian Prime Minister is going to make an announcement soon.
stream.wsj.com...

Malaysian authorities are hosting a news conference at 0530 GMT for an announcement regarding missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Prime Minister Najib Razak is expected to speak.

The media-conference room has been vacated for a security sweep, a first. When Hishammuddin Hussein, acting transport minister, addressed the media last week with officials from Malaysia Airlines and the Department of Civil Aviation, there were no security restrictions.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Bcs8484

I for one certainly believe it was highjacked. At this point with the information we have all signs point to a highjacking. I would think that would be the outcome most nations didn't want. With that said I think if anything it should increase the search because of the security threat it could pose. The pilots could well have been involved and "gone rouge", being part of a larger operation. I don't believe they would be able to sell like the suicide idea or anything like that though.

edit on 14-3-2014 by Bcs8484 because: (no reason given)

Same here, I believe it was hijacked too. Your right, it would mean a huge security threat and concern for many nations. I always doubted the suicide idea, as if it was suicide i'm sure they would have found wreckage near where the initial plane location was 'lost'.

What I think now though is that if the plane was hijacked then it lowers the chance that it has crashed. From what we know about all of the systems being disabled, and how it seems to have been able to travel unnoticed etc, it had to be hijacked by 'experts'. So this would mean it had to be planned thoroughly. If planned so thoroughly in order to get so far unnoticed, why would they fail by eventually crashing in to the ocean? Something would of had to go badly wrong for the hijackers to crash, so for me it has to have landed somewhere, for what reason though who knows.
edit on 1532014 by TheBlackpoolOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

No worries, I can understand wanting to make connections to stuff, especially since the ages don't match up for this guy.

I'm wondering if it's possible that it was known to shady people who would be on the plane?

With the real possibility now of a hijack, I'm thinking back to my wild speculation a while back about it going off to/towards Mogadishu, Somalia. However, if it's possible that some country could see that the Freescale employees would be on that plane (a country such as Iran), I could also see them as a real possibility. With how professional this hijacking would have been, I would choose Iran rather than Somalia, since they would have the resources as well as the major interest in what the employees are a part of.

I'm really not sure what to think now. They should definitely look at the pilot and his flight sim. I don't want to imply he had anything to do with it, but look at investigations when a spouse goes missing or is killed. The other spouse is the prime suspect and is investigated to rule them out. The same should be done here.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

WTH?????

I know there is a need for security conferences, but this is totally over the top.

Might as well call the presentation "Aircraft Hacking: How to terrorize/harm/knock off people"

Disgusting.

But thanks for raising my state of paranoia.

edit on 15-3-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hold on to your hats, sports fans!!

Malaysian authorities to have a conference in the next 10 mins (I believe 0530GMT???), possibly about latest findings/conclusions.

Anyone have links to an online live feed, like al jazeeza, reuters, RT etc?

Cheers

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Myrtales Instinct
reply to post by Mikeultra

Did you see the other photos of him? Specifically, the one of him up on an electric pole. He's either a lineman or an electrician.

Yes, I did see that photo too. Maybe I'll make an edit on that post explaining my mistake with the Russian/Ukrainian calendars.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

You’re very welcome

You know what they say about paranoids

It turns out they are the only people who notice things anymore

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Willtell

Are we being taken for a ride here figuratively speaking?

CNN, the CIA News Network is leading the charge here with the barrage of “experts” and not one I am sure mentions this possibility quoted below.

FOX, the NAZI news network, is of course leading the “ this is terrorism” charge, as usual.

And even MSNBC is trying to be a real “news” network by reporting extensively on all the mis and did information on this story.

macdailynews.com...
The Hack in the Box security conference in Amsterdam has a very interesting lineup of talks,” Darlene Storm reports for Computerworld. “One that jumped out was the Aircraft Hacking: Practical Aero Series presented by Hugo Teso, a security consultant at n.runs in Germany.” Strom reports, “According to the abstract, ‘This presentation will be a practical demonstration on how to remotely attack and take full control of an aircraft, exposing some of the results of my three years research on the aviation security field. The attack performed will follow the classical methodology, divided in discovery, information gathering, exploitation and post-exploitation phases. The complete attack will be accomplished remotely, without needing physical access to the target aircraft at any time, and a testing laboratory will be used to attack virtual airplanes systems.’” “Once he was into the airplane’s computer, he was able to manipulate the steering of a Boeing jet while the aircraft was in ‘autopilot’ mode. The only countermeasure available to pilots, if they even realized they were being hacked, would be to turn off autopilot. Yet many planes no longer have old analog instruments for manual flying. Teso said he could take control of most all airplane systems; he could even cause the plane to crash by setting it on a collision course with another plane. He could also give the passengers a serious adrenaline rush by making the oxygen masks drop down,” Strom reports. “Teso used his Samsung Galaxy and a specially crafted app called PlaneSploit to demonstrate how to hack an airplane’s computer. Crime Site also showed a quick clip of the hack. And no, PlaneSploit is not going to be available to the masses to hijack planes with their Android devices.” Read more at macdailynews.com...

edit on 15-3-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

He was proven to be full of crap at the conference. His hack only worked on the simulator....not a real plane. I don't think controlling a real plane from an iPhone app would work that well as you would not have enough room on your screen for an entire instrument panel that would be needed to fly a plane should something go wrong. Though if they were hacking it for the sole purpose to crash it then I could see this being a sound theory.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Sky news are broadcasting it live.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This bares repeating here. I put it in another thread.

With all of the post 911 security measures.

With all the AHoles fiddling kiddies at airports.

With all the worldwide Government organizations 'dedicated' to keeping us safe as long as we don't mind losing a few freedoms, like keeping our children safe from perverts with a badge.

With all the weapons and satellite systems, with every Email on the damn planet able to be read by multiple agencies ..........

They can be so inept that they can lose an entire plane and not know where it went.

What clowns do they employ. How utterly stupid is it that an aircraft in flight can have its locator beacons turned off from the cockpit. My $10.00 smoke detectors do a better job! They at least have a back-up battery.

Oh, and those strong cockpit doors to prevent this sort of thing ..... FAIL

If this does not convince people that it is all a dog and pony show designed only to control the masses, then, the masses are truly dumb as! P

www.abovetopsecret.com...

P

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
My money is on something to do with the photo of the Iranian passengers and the reference to balotelli lookalike plus involvement of some crew.

Remember dour people in the original photo?

This is what I think will come out of the conference.
edit on 15-3-2014 by civpop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

It was corrected elsewhere about the Balotelli reference.

The official had commented how Balotelli holds an Italian passport, but doesn't look Italian.

Asked if they looked African, Mr Rahman would not comment except to point out that footballer Mario Balotelli was Italian but was not Italian-looking. He was apparently misquoted as saying the men looked like Balotelli, which added to general confusion about official explanations.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I'm on the same page with you. I was thinking of reasons for landing then plane and what the next step could be. I came up with a theory which is almost certainly wrong but could make sense. They could have hijacked the ppane knowing there would be a gigantic such effort. Drawing there target to be lured out to sea as part of the search. Then use then plane alla 9/11 as a weapon to be crashed into a aircraft carrier of some sort. Depending on those responsible it could be that either the US or Chinese are the intened target. IDK if it's even possible. I was just brainstorming what the intention of the plane could be. Like I said just an idea.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

I know, however, I watched the conference and when a female reporter asked him were they black he said yes??

Plus the picture was of four people and one guy looked Somalian?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hijacking

The official said a deliberate takeover of the plane was no longer a theory. "It is conclusive," he said, indicating that investigators were ruling out mechanical failure or pilot error in the disappearance

Link

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

The possible motives are endless aren't they, and one just as plausible as the next. In the meantime though I do wish this news conference would hurry, these things never begin on time lol

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

With how much confusion there has been though, and contradicting info between different officials, I'm not going to consider him unless they have photos of him at the airport and getting on the plane.

We'll see what following info comes, though. Anything at this point seems possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join