It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

auroraaus
Hold the phone Nancy Reagan! That last line in the list... do you have links/sources?

That's why it says ... "Allegedly".
I just didn't want to throw this thread off-track.
There's another thread ("Diego Garcia “Island Paradise or Torture Chamber?”") about that kind of thing "allegedly" going-on (and/or having gone-on in the past) at Diego Garcia. A related Source.

edit on 2014-3-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added related source link.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

onehuman
Here is some Breaking News for you folks.

"Seafloor event" possibly linked to MH370: Chinese researchers

Let you read it for yourselves

LINK

I wouldn't hold out hope for anything.

The event occurred at about 2:55 am local time on Saturday, about one and a half hours after the plane’s last definitive sighting on civilian radar.

The area, 116 km northeast from where the last contact with the Boeing plane was recorded, used to be a non-seismic region, according to a research group on seismology and physics of the earth’s interior under the University of Science and Technology of China.

The northeast location is correct for the location it was headed, but the distance and time seems off.

When it disappeared from radar it was listed as going 471 knots, which Google calculates as 870 km/h. For it to only be 116 km away, it would have been at a constant speed of under 45 knots. If it were really going that slow, it would have crashed a lot sooner than 1 1/2 hours (a 747 is said to only go as slow as 100 knots before it comes barreling down).

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Nice catch.

That fits with the original assumption that it went down in the Gulf of Thailand area.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

ManiShuck

onehuman

LINK

The event occurred at about 2:55 am local time on Saturday, about one and a half hours after the plane’s last definitive sighting on civilian radar.

The area, 116 km northeast from where the last contact with the Boeing plane was recorded, used to be a non-seismic region, according to a research group on seismology and physics of the earth’s interior under the University of Science and Technology of China.

The northeast location is correct for the location it was headed, but the distance and time seems off.

When it disappeared from radar it was listed as going 471 knots, which Google calculates as 870 km/h. For it to only be 116 km away, it would have been at a constant speed of under 45 knots. If it were really going that slow, it would have crashed a lot sooner than 1 1/2 hours (a 747 is said to only go as slow as 100 knots before it comes barreling down).

That is good logic. The problem is that you are introducing it into a circus.
The clowns are beating the crap out of us.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Ha, this is true. I'll be so confused if they find it there and interested in what the black boxes show.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

charlyv

ManiShuck

onehuman

LINK

That is good logic. The problem is that you are introducing it into a circus.
The clowns are beating the crap out of us.

I agree

Can someone please put up a thread that analyses all the info in a cohesive and easy to comprehend manner, so that this ATS air crash investigation can continue to progress instead of becoming a 'circus'.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm sure some people might find it inappropriate, but I like that the guys at the Guardian keeping the live blog going have a sense of humor amidst all the craziness:

www.theguardian.com... /2014/mar/14/mh370-malaysia-airlines-plane-search-continues-amid-signals-mystery

Good afternoon. I’ll be keeping you updated on all the latest news in the search for flight MH370, now in its sixth day. The twists and turns in the ever-widening search effort have prompted this take from extremely reputable American news journal, The Onion:

Following a host of conflicting reports in the wake of the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 last Saturday, representatives from the Kuala Lumpur–based carrier acknowledged they had widened their investigation into the vanished Boeing 777 aircraft today to encompass not only the possibilities of mechanical failure, pilot error, terrorist activity, or a botched hijacking, but also the overarching scope of space, time, and humankind’s place in the universe.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

combatmaster
Can someone please put up a thread that analyses all the info in a cohesive and easy to comprehend manner, so that this ATS air crash investigation can continue to progress instead of becoming a 'circus'.

LOL. You want it all spoon-fed to you?
Why don't you just watch Fox "News"?

Bill O'Reilly

edit on 2014-3-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Corrected the spelling of Fox "News".

edit on 2014-3-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added Bill O'Reilly link.

edit on 2014-3-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Fixed Bill O'Reilly link.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

ManiShuck

This is a great thought and I'm glad it was brought up. This is the kind of stuff we really need to be focusing on instead of making wild claims. I know I haven't contributed much but I just now caught up after reading every post on every page in this thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

EnhancedInterrogator
reply to post by combatmaster

combatmaster

LOL. You want it all spoon-fed to you?
Why don't you just watch Fox "News"?

edit on 2014-3-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Corrected the spelling of Fox "News".

I dont have a TV... lol

Also..... FOX news aint got nuttin on ATS!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I just missed 20 pages in 12 hours. Can someone do a recent recap of the latest and greatest? Pretty please with sugar on top?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

missvicky
I just missed 20 pages in 12 hours. Can someone do a recent recap of the latest and greatest? Pretty please with sugar on top?

• As far as anyone "knows", it is still on Earth. I say "knows" because (being ATS) some people have suggested aliens are involved.
  • It "might" have crashed in the Gulf of Thailand area - still not completely ruled-out.
  • It "might" have stayed airborne for a long time after losing contact - still not completely known either.
  • If it did stay airborne, nobody "knows" where it traveled - it "might" have been the hit on military radar to the West that was mentioned previously.
  • If it did stay airborne, it "might" be an indication of a hi-jacking, or possibly some incident that left the crew incapacitated but the plane operational.
  • If it did stay airborne, it "might" be an indication of some grand conspiracy by some government or group to abduct the inhabitants - for unknown reasons.

So, in summary ... we don't "know" jack.
edit on 2014-3-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Spelling, grahmarr, changes in the Earth's magnetic field.

edit on 2014-3-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Forgot to put "know" in quotes.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePawnsTheory

I figured since I've made some speculation that I should even it out with logic and facts.

I'll also add that typically for flight MH370, an hour and a half past where this flight disappeared, it would be south/south-west of Hainan Island, China. I'm surprised China released this info, given how likely it's a simple coincidence and knowing that media will make a story out of anything.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is one of the most bizarre cases I've seen. I think I've seen just about every episode of Aircrash Investigators and this is a very strange one.

They still can't find anything. I'm thinking it could be a hijacking and then the plane was forced to fly low to avoid radar and could've crashed or even landed at a remote airbase.

But if it crashed in the ocean far from it's last known position it could be extremely difficult to find.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Nice to the point summary - crazy how it's been almost 7 days since the disappearance.

Just wanted to add, according to the WSJ:

"The people, who included a military official, the industry official and others, declined to say what specific path the transmissions revealed."

Which suggests there is a good idea where the plane was headed before final communication, hence the destroyer being dispatched to the Indian Ocean.

Here's the article: online.wsj.com... 2702304185104579437573396580350.html

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
For those who are wondering (like me) if there has been in recent times similar crashes/disappearances, the Japan Times have done a write up. Some of these had wreckage found months or years later, others, simply haven't been found.

Mystery of missing jet recalls past disappearances

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pejanene

is there any significants to having a destroyer stationed there or is it because its the closest asset? or fastest?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Not sure if this has already been posted or not but found this interesting:

No sign of mid-air explosion detected by satellites.

WASHINGTON: US spy satellites detected no sign of a mid-air explosion when a Malaysian airliner lost contact with air traffic controllers, American officials said Wednesday.
The US government in the past has used its satellite network to identify heat signatures linked to exploding aircraft but in this case, nothing was found, according to US officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Just saw this quote on Fox, from a Boeing structural engineer.

"Cracks in the fuselage skin that are not found and repaired can propagate to the point where the fuselage skin structure cannot sustain limit load," Boeing said. "When the fuselage skin cannot sustain limit load, this can result in possible rapid decompression and loss of structural integrity."

All that to say "If it has a crack in it, its gonna # explode."

More diatribe from the masters of the obvious.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

It does occur to me that ... this whole search seems to have be botched at the beginning.

I spent part of my "youth" active in something called "Civil Air Patrol" (or "CAP" for short). One of the things that CAP used to do was search for downed aircraft. Mostly, CAP did SAR (Search-and-Rescue) missions regarding missing or over-due small/private air-craft - not commercial jet-liners. Over land, if a jumbo-jet goes down ... somebody usually sees it. But, either way the same search techniques should apply. Granted this was typically over land - not the ocean. But, much of the same planning and execution is involved.

This was also before the days of GPS, and even SAR-satellites were relatively new. So, it was common-sense, direction-finding RF equipment, air and ground grid-searches - until you finally found it.

Most importantly before any searching actually started, several things would be established:

• What was the last known position? Rushing out to that location was top priority. By the way, there is always a "last known position" - an airport if nothing else. You'd be surprised how many aircraft back in the day were reported missing or over-due, and in-fact just never left the air-port for various reasons.
  • Was there a flight plan? If so, searching directly along the flight-plan path was next priority. There was a certain amount of space to each side of the path that needed to be searched also - based on the likely speed and altitude of the plane (i.e. how far off its flight-plan would it just "fall" diagonally or hopefully "glide" toward the ground if everything stopped). Search planes would fly lines up and down the flight path, gradually going out further and further to each site. I believe this area was referred to as the "probable" area of containment.
  • What is it's estimated range? How much did it have when it took-off? How much was probably consumed getting to the last known position? From whatever the last known position was, you draw a big circle - based on estimated fuel available from that point. This is the next most "likely" or "probable" area of containment. If you didn't find it in the "probable" area, you start grid-searching this next.
  • What is it's possible range? From whatever the last known position was, you draw an even bigger circle - based on the largest "possible" range of the aircraft involved - using the manufactures estimates for mileage under the best conditions, etc.. If you didn't find it with a grid-search of the smaller circle, you start grid-searching the difference between that and this new larger one.
  • Short of extra-terrestrial intervention - it's definitely going to be in that larger circle. Of course, over the ocean, you need to take currents and stuff into account. The debris doesn't necessarily stay still like it does on land.

I really wish I could find the proper CAP manual on-line that lists all that correctly. Yes, they had this "down to a science" with a manual that said exactly how to do this.

What scares me, is I haven't seen any diagrams remotely like that on an MSM, or quoted from any government source. I just seems like they they are jumping all over the place - shifting search resources on a whim. I hope that's just the way it's being portrayed in the media, and not what's actually going-on behind-the-scenes. I hope that somebody behind-the-scenes actually has their crap together.

edit on 2014-3-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Gammuh, Psplelling, Voices inside my head.

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join