It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

edit on 13-3-2014 by FinalCountdown because: nah...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
Can the ACARS System transmit underwater to a satellite?

From what i gather the transponders can be turned by a switch - the ACARS System can not without pulling the fuse.

Evidently the US is picking up the ACARS signal - so if it can't ping underwater - the plane is on land - crashed or not.

Any link to material about this.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Bigburgh

JRCrowley

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by JRCrowley

It isn't about having as many 7s as possible, it is the significance of 777 specifically.

Uh, I am extremely aware of the significance of the number 777.

Did you notice my username by any chance?

No the member boeing777 should be looked at...that account predates all of this!

In fact I told him/her that back around page 15...lol

edit on 13-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

He has an interesting username for sure.

As far as the Boeing 777 well, I have always been quite a plane nut. I had the awesome opportunity to go to Vancouver to visit one of the very first 777s to enter service. I forget the exact year, but it was back around 1995-6. Boeing flew one of the first 777s into YVR. The plane was sitting on the tarmac at the airport just a few feet beyond the fence. This was the late 90's so security was much different than it is today. I was able to get right up next to it beyond the fence and I never saw anyone nearby the whole time I was there, no security or personnel whatsoever. They were probably out having lunch or something. Like I said, those were different times in re to security prior to 9/11. Much better times.

The plane was visiting Vancouver on a test flight, so it was painted in Boeing colors. I have some great photos of it stashed away on my drives somewhere. I made sure to get some great shots of the undercarriage (six-wheels, VERY awesome - The 777's undercarriage is the largest ever used in a commercial jetliner and its tires are the largest ever fitted to a commercial aircraft.) and the wings were very cool looking, too. The plane was a huge step forward for Boeing and commercial aviation. For example, it was Boeing's first fly-by-wire commercial aircraft! That was an awesome step up in tech!

Also being interested in the paranormal, of course I was compelled by the 777 model designation. In fact, for years I had been patiently waiting for the release of the Boeing 777 because the number has a huge esoteric significance. When I heard the news that it would be visiting YVR I made sure to take that day off work so I could go and see it and take the photos. I felt compelled. And I loved it right away. It was a beautiful new plane. I got a great vibe about it as I stood looking at it and marveling at it. It was obvious to anyone who knew anything about aviation that Boeing had done an incredible job with the 777. (Needless to say, I turned out to be very correct about it. The plane has been a massive success.)

Ironic timing: The First Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Land at YVR occurred just Jan. 30, 2014, just 42 days ago.

And yes, I am bothered by this accident, but only because I feel it was just that, an accident. A tragedy. People are involved here, family and friends, and lots of suffering is going on. But I don't get the idea there is anything nefarious going on here at all, not terrorism, missile attack, hijacking, none of that. And I'm a guy who called missile attack on Flight 800 from the VERY beginning, so don't get the idea I don't think things like that happen from time to time.

Based on calls I've made in the past in re to plane crashes, I have a great record on "gut" feelings as to what happened.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

(Reuters) - Communications satellites picked up faint electronic pulses from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 after it went missing on Saturday, but the signals gave no information about where the stray jet was heading and little else about its fate, two sources close to the investigation said on Thursday.

But the "pings" indicated that the aircraft's maintenance troubleshooting systems were switched on and ready to communicate with satellites, showing the aircraft, with 239 people on board, was at least capable of communicating after it lost touch with Malaysian air traffic controllers.

The system transmits such pings about once an hour, according to the sources, who said five or six were heard. However, the pings alone are not proof that the plane was in the air or on the ground, the sources said.

While the troubleshooting systems were functioning, no data links were opened, the sources said, because the companies involved had not subscribed to that level of service from the satellite operator.

Link

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by JRCrowley

Then you should know it is the 777 significance rather than just 7 or as many 7s as possible. I was surprised you asked due to your screen name.

Oh, I see what you mean there. Sorry for the misunderstanding. You've probably already read my previous post where I go into some detail about visiting that plane just as it was entering into service.

It's been around for many, many years. And it has an incredible safety record. Those are probably the most significant facts you need to know about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

I posted a few minutes before reading your post, one theory is that the jet will be used in a 9-11 style attack. I hope everyone is on heightened alert until this Airliner is found.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

That was before my time, but just reading the Wikipedia page about it was tense, so I can imagine how it must have been for people watching through those 3+ days and then the relief once the raid was done and everyone came out safe. I went to be yesterday hoping we could be in for a similar event, but with the US believing it's in the Indian Ocean, it doesn't look promising.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

roadgravel
I saw something stating Beijing plus 1 hour of fuel. (Didn't give lbs or vol) No idea if it is correct.

yeah, probably correct about the fuel.

unlike your car, you don't fill the tank on an airliner, if you don't need to, to make a short jump.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

ManiShuck
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

... but with the US believing it's in the Indian Ocean, it doesn't look promising.

The conspiracy theorist in me, says that should be "the US saying it's in the Indian Ocean", what they believe (or know) may be entirely different.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

roadgravel

WhoDat09
reply to post by onehuman

I was talking about this earlier tonight with my hubby, I told him I think the key to all of this lies with a pretty girl who was on the plane. What better way to get int the cockpit, if you know one of them takes pretty girls in there regularly, that would be the best way to do it! Find out his "type" then find a girl that matches! It would then be very easy fr the girl to let them in, or even for her to "dispatch" of the pilots.

Beautiful women are a well known espionage tactic.

lol, on TV.

it was 1 time and there is no info that he didn't know them, in the first place.

pilot culpability i don't rule out but him bringing gals or anyone into the cockpit, being the co-pilot, is a stretch.

protocol would not allow it. the crew wouldn't let anyone get close.

no matter how pretty.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

onehuman
reply to post by WhoDat09

I think so too, especially when we have the fact that this happened on March 7th.

China says 19-year-old woman confessed to terror plot on plane

LINK SOURCE
I didn't see anything about the hijacking of a flight that was also heading to Beijing until your post. Even though it was in 2008, the Malaysian flight went missing on the anniversary of that attempt. This certainly isn't a coincidence.

That flight was also diverted away from landing in Beijing. I'm even more convinced the Malaysian flight is in China, on the ground and in Nanming. Why this is being hidden? I'm not sure, but the original reports, coupled with the prior incident, point to that for me.

The scenarios can be a standoff on the tarmac or possibly wanting accomplices to believe the plane went down, which for some reason, might help the Chinese government deal with them too. Well I stated this earlier in the thread and I'm sticking with it. I don't think this is a coincidence to have happened on that date and to the same destination in China. They're connected.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think the expert guy on Piers Morgan maybe let out a little too much info.

So the transponders were turned off & he said the pings the US are picking up are from the ACARS Systems - he said there is a panel in the cockpit that says ACARS and that whoever did was shutting down all communications from the plane. The thing is to totally shutdown this system you need to pull panel out and pull out the fuse behind it.

This guy speculated that the person that pulled the panel out thought it was shutdown but did not pull the fuse out behind the panel - that is why it is still pingng. The ACARS system sends out a signal - he described as a text/email to a data collection hub (a company - forget the name) several times a minute - it gives data on the sytems of the plane, engines, hydraulics etc...in turn that hub company sends the data on to the manufacturers of the systems - Rolls Royce for the engines.

Remember earlier in the week there where reports that Rolls Royce was receiving data from the plane and it was denied.

Okay - so this guy says that the signal is being sent out but it is not making the full loop to the hub collection company because somebody pulled the panel out - like a cell call in search of another phone.

Of course Piers Morgan doesn't ask this guy the million dollar question - can it transmit underwater?
I would think if it has a fuse and it's underwater it can't.

So my guess it's crashed on land or sitting on a tarmac somewhere.

edit on 14-3-2014 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

roadgravel

BABYBULL24
Can the ACARS System transmit underwater to a satellite?

From what i gather the transponders can be turned by a switch - the ACARS System can not without pulling the fuse.

Evidently the US is picking up the ACARS signal - so if it can't ping underwater - the plane is on land - crashed or not.

Any link to material about this.

No it came from the expert on CNN - Piers Morgan was hosting it around Midnight EST.

Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

This is speculation only

Hijacked heading for Diego Garcia shot down by military , USA will find bits and pieces floating in the next 36 hours in Indian Ocean , the rest of plane will be in 4000m of water which will make in unrecoverable. ( easier to hide or delay ) someone is covering there behind.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

Actually, anything you could use to throw your mark off-base and lower their guard is worth a shot.

Just one example, from the "Six-Day War" in 1967, quoted from here:

Anwar Ephraim was a [Israeli] Military Intelligence agent who was believed to be "responsible for organizing a massive and, if reports of the celebration are correct, frenzied party for the pilots of (an [Egyptian] air force base) just outside of Alexandria. The party was thrown on June 4, "less than twelve hours before the preemptive Israeli blitz…" They drank and ate and watched belly dancers until the "wee hours of the morning", and a little before Israeli pilots prepared for takeoff, Ephraim left Egypt on an international flight. Another Israeli became a close personal friend of an Egyptian belly dancer, who was presumed to have been privy to many state secrets.

edit on 2014-3-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Spell'n & Gammar

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I think the last part is correct. It's sitting on a tarmac and that is in China.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

BABYBULL24
I think the expert guy on Piers Morgan maybe let out a little too much info.

So the transponders were turned off & he said the pings the US are picking up are from the ACARS Systems - he said there is a panel in the cockpit that says ACARS and that whoever did was shutting down all communications from the plane. The thing is to totally shutdown this system you need to pull panel out and pull out the fuse behind it.

This guy speculated that the person that pulled the panel out thought it was shutdown but did not pull the fuse out behind the panel - that is why it is still pingng. The ACARS system sends out a signal - he described as a text/email to a data collection hub (a company - forget the name) several times a minute - it gives data on the sytems of the plane, engines, hydraulics etc...in turn that hub company sends the data on to the manufacturers of the systems - Rolls Royce for the engines.

Remember earlier in the week there where reports that Rolls Royce was receiving data from the plane and it was denied.

Okay - so this guy says that the signal is being sent out but it is not making the full loop to the hub collection company because somebody pulled the panel out - like a cell call in search of another phone.

Of course Piers Morgan doesn't ask this guy the million dollar question - can it transmit underwater?
I would think if it has a fuse and it's underwater it can't.

So my guess it's crashed on land or sitting on a tarmac somewhere.

Commercial aircraft do not use fuses. They use button circuit breakers. Further, a hidden circuit breaker would be absolutely illegal, as ALL electrical devices must be connected to a main bus that exposes the circuit in a circuit breaker cabinet(s) in the cockpit or accessory bay , accessible at all times , in flight. I call BS to a panel with a fuse behind it.

edit on 14-3-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

PhotonEffect
reply to post by WatchingFromtheShadows

WatchingFromtheShadows

Is it possible that the plane was secretly hijacked by the US in order to gain access to certain people on the plane? Considering the flight was full of Chinese citizens, doing so would certainly be risky and could potentially serve as the catalyst for open war, but if the prize were great enough (defense contractors with game changing stealth tech knowledge), I wouldn't put it past our government to try something like this.

Supposing we use your theory-
Why would the US then tell the world to start looking in the area where they have the plane?

USA takes to base . Offloads something/one, then dumps plane in sea.
edit on 14-3-2014 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

BABYBULL24
No it came from the expert on CNN - Piers Morgan was hosting it around Midnight EST.

Yeah, that wasn't the same broadcast that had "Speed-Walker" / Bill Nye on it? was it?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

That may be true, but from his explanation, it seems the data that's transmitted from the engine components are for use by the various manufacturers so they can diagnose systems while in operation. It doesn't appear to be critical to the flight operations. Basically it came off as, to make an analogy and maybe a poor analogy, what web sites do to track viewing habits so they can improve their marketing. The system he was talking about, he suggested, was to track efficiency and possibly diagnose inflight issues. Would that sort of interface need to be accessed from the cockpit?

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join