It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchingFromtheShadows

Are the US stationed there currently?...it said most of the islands going under water...they booted citizens out 40 yrs ago...

Not making sense....i would be hoping that Diego location would know if debris washed up

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

WatchingFromtheShadows

Boeing777
reply to post by WatchingFromtheShadows

Indeed. More than enough fuel on board to get there. Just one problem though, I find it hard to believe it since it's a US military base which would mean the US Government is behind this.

With all the things the US government has done in the past, It wouldn't surprise me. It would be the only real way to grab, say the defense contractors supposedly onboard, without inciting an open war with the Chinese.
What Chinese defense contractors were on board?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Jennyfrenzy
reply to post by Boeing777

Maybe the intention was to exchange passengers on MH370 for detainees on Diego Garcia??
Detainees on Diego Garcia? Huh?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Another site thinks Diego Garcia...Maybe US heard something is why they decided to rush over there

Article

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Think they meant the US wanted the contractors, but wanted to do it covertly not to cause a war due to Chinese civilians also being on board!

Could be wrong though!

Peace Bilk!
edit on 13-3-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Punctuation change due to Gender assumption!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

qd22vcc
Another site thinks Diego Garcia...Maybe US heard something is why they decided to rush over there

Article
There's a US Naval base in DG. Who would have to rush there? You can spit across to the other side of the island with a good tailwind.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
reply to post by Bilk22

Think he meant the US wanted the contractors, but wanted to do it covertly not to cause a war due to Chinese civilians also being on board!

Could be wrong though!

Peace Bilk!
The contractors already worked for a US firm. What would the point be in doing this?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Allegedly...

• Barry McCaffrey, a retired four-star American general who is now professor of international security studies at West Point military academy, has twice spoken publicly about the use of Diego Garcia to detain suspects.

Link

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Wall Street Journal are now reporting that the aircraft was possibly hijacked, landed somewhere and will be used for later attacks.

"U.S. counter-terrorism officials are pursuing the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner's transponders to avoid radar detection, according to one person tracking the probe.
At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose."

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

If I had to guess... it was the easiest chance to grab them all at once!
I know they worked for a US company... not necessarily Military though, or maybe they weren't always cooperative with Military!!!

However I don't personally lean towards this theory...
I suspected it was shot down within the 1st day of speculation and I'm still not convinced that didn't happen!

Peace Bilk!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Dunno? brainstorming...im not thinking the us doing this....but there are leases going to expire in DG and the article notes that its a great strategic base..so...maybe Iran right that the US is trying frame terrorism....

[url=http://www.lankaweb.com/news/items/2014/03/06/government-defiance-pays-off-unhrc-draft-resolution-falls-well-short-of-tamil-demands/]Article[/url ]
Im at a loss and my patiencs for more info is waning lol
edit on 13-3-2014 by qd22vcc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Jennyfrenzy
reply to post by Bilk22

Allegedly...

• Barry McCaffrey, a retired four-star American general who is now professor of international security studies at West Point military academy, has twice spoken publicly about the use of Diego Garcia to detain suspects.

Link
Ah ok thanks. However how would that work exactly? I mean DG is a tiny spot on the ocean and it's a US military installation. Then how would they escape? They would need fuel. Then they'd get blown out of the sky after the exchange even if they were able to negotiate the fuel part. The base has long range bombers but I'm pretty sure there are other types of craft there too that would prevent them from doing what's suggested.

Fly into a military base and make demands? Not sure I see that, but who knows?
edit on 93019Thursdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just found this, can't believe my eyes! www.cabaltimes.com...
Watch those legs and bag!
d.ibtimes.co.uk...
edit on 13-3-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
While Diego Garcia's a good idea, I don't think it's ultimately a very fruitful one. What hijacker in their right mind would try to essentially hold up a military base with infinitely more ammo and weaponry than said hijacker could smuggle on board? It'd be suicide, they'd never get what they'd demand after being wither bum-rushed, or fired on, or both.

To be very honest, I'd be looking at places like any uninhabited Indonesian islands, Cocos, and as far as Somalia/Yemen if it could get that far on that amount of fuel. Any of those places make much more sense than to try to intimidate a well-armed storehouse island.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Boeing777
d.ibtimes.co.uk...
It's been posted quite a lot. However I wonder what was cropped out of the picture for them to put the legs of the other guy there.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

It's irrelevant. It has been done and dusted a few times over on the thread, not worth even mentioning.

link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Just throwing it out there. I also doubt that's where they're headed but who knows. I saw some posts mentioning Diego Garcia and unless there's US involvement I can't think of any other reason for them to head there.

I do believe the plane was hijacked, Christmas islands would be a safer bet than Diego Garcia, but again who knows.

Hope this puzzle is solved soon so the families can get some closure.

link   

Boeing777
d.ibtimes.co.uk...

You're ever so slightly 'late to the party' so to speak on your last 2 posts!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Apologies for that post. Was too lazy to read through the the rest of the thread since I came back.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Not sure if manifest was posted but has anyone looked into the passengers to research if anything else came up? Other than the Freescale

manifest

new topics

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join