It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

They are going to make this into a reason to go to war with someone... I am gettng this feeling more and more as the days wear on.

Same here. I am going to do a bit more research on search and rescue concerning the Air France/South America incident, but what is concerning to me is the increasingly large number of official countries getting involved in this tragedy from India to Pakistan, etc. ad infinitum. Granted this situation involving MAL plane is unique, but the sheer amount of players on and behind the scenes is baffling.

I hear what you are saying about media and terrorism, and what is scary to me as a simple onlooker is vis a vis the situation with Russia and Ukraine, some East versus West situation (whether covert or overt) in a unprecedented type of war.

I certainly hope and pray not.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

With this new Indian Ocean situation, are you still thinking Male and the Maldives? This is a 4 hour 25 min destination from where the plane was last heard from?
Here is an interesting article I just found

How Terrorists Could Exploit GPS Flaws to Hijack Ships and Planes from 08/05/2013

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

DrHammondStoat

qd22vcc
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Im more convinced that they have ideas of whats really going on but trying to keep the press out of it while they figure it out.

Based on Pakistan reports, they must at least believe there is a possible hijacking and Pakistan is a possible location for the plane to land. Otherwise why get involved? (and if the plane did coast on autopilot towards Pakistan, that could be a crash zone?)

Pakistan is not involved.

The reports of the plane possibly flying for 4 hours changes nothing that has been officially said from the start. A plane that had 2000 miles worth of fuel could be anywhere within a 2000 mile radius, which of course includes Pakistan....and many other places. It is the media speculating about Pakistan.

Also, Rolls Royce have only confirmed they have data from up to the plane going missing.

Well, see my related post quoting official Chinese govt. -that may be more reliable than MSM ATM- stating Pakistan is most likely involved, please.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is totally a speculation/opinion of mine, but I think some countries especially their military are taking advantage of the situation so they can send surveillance and intelligence to areas being SARed...fly some of their recon over other countries without arousing suspicion on the guise that they are helping to look for the plane. Operators and spies crossing borders...etc.

On another note, does anyone know, if you tag something in TOMNOD, does it automatically alert the devs so they can check it out?

link   
The Russia/US connection had crossed my mind too..
but i dismissed it as too far out, never the less
it did cross my mind.....

/weird

link   
reply to post by whatnext21

wow, that is really disconcerting, they did that to a boat, how hard would it be to do to a plane???

link   

whatnext21

How Terrorists Could Exploit GPS Flaws to Hijack Ships and Planes from 08/05/2013

Nice of them to give terrorists more ideas.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Excellent and interesting thread, OP s&f!!

We need your help! I posted a thread yesterday about a website that lets you, the public, search for this missing plane! I'm not looking for stars and flags this is not the reason for this post. I just know some of the most skilled people in the world are on this site..and who better to dive in in than the ATS community...This is a way to be pro active in hands on helping....

Here is the link:
www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">above top secret

Thanks for your time,
Pax

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

whatnext21

With this new Indian Ocean situation, are you still thinking Male and the Maldives? This is a 4 hour 25 min destination from where the plane was last heard from?
Here is an interesting article I just found

I am still thinking Maldives, solely for the connection to Iran with the folks on board and the connections Iran has to Maldives as well as the airports there being able to handle a plane this size and the ability for this plane to reach numerous high population cities from that location. Again...this is only an off the wall theory I had but seems feasible.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Put simply it is impossible...
& therefore you're 100% correct that it makes no sense!

It does seem to get more & more bizarre as time passes...
Which is a sign of 2 things...
(1) Complete incompetence on all sides from all angles!!!
(2) A great big cover up!!!

Given the importance of such an investigation, I'm inclined to say I find No.1 100% impossible to be honest!!!
Even Ockham's Razor would suggest that No.2 is the most likely!!!

Peace J!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

MRuss
In case you hadn't figured it out yet, we're being lied to at every turn.

Has anyone here on ATS come out with a theory/idea that seems workable?

Has there been a theory that seems applicable---even as a guess?

there have been many,many theories about this, since day 1. some are simple, some are complex, most could be workable depending on skills/planning involved. it's ALL guesses at this point since we don't even have a good clue as to where the aircraft is, and there has only been one claim of responsibility (that we know of) that China has decided is not real.

it seems hard to believe that an aircraft of that size can disappear without a trace, yet it is not even the first time this has happened since 9-11. there was a 727 that is "presumed" stolen, that has never been found. one question is are these two incidents connected? was that a "test", or did it become too "hot" so instead of stealing one off the ground a hijack has been tried this time? has it been, hijacked for "ransom"? has it been taken to use for some "evil purpose"? has it been taken to sell? is it a malfunction of some sort and crashed? there have even been cases where for some reason the pilots did not trust their instruments an crashed FAR off course from where they should be. aliens? "Bermuda triangle" type thing? time warp? catastrophic failure? a bomb? did someone turn on a cellphone, and cause a crash or malfunction as some would have us believe is possible? until we at least have a decent clue as to where the aircraft is. pretty much any or all of these and more are possible.

and at this point will people even trust them if they say they found it and what happened with all the misinformation we are getting? "we saw wreckage", "oh wait no that was a mistake". "we saw it briefly on radar here", "i saw it blow up". "we have seen no signs of anything blowing up", "cellphones still ring", the water is getting VERY MUDDY right now in regards to this "disappearance". in fact the ONLY thing that is clear at all, is the aircraft is missing.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

Only if what you tag is tagged multiple times by other people. Then again i dont know what that notificaation sign is in middle right corner on TOMNOD!

Pax

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The Maldives only has one airport which is located next to male. It is basically a runway built in the sea and is also very very busy. You would have no chance of landing the plane there and getting away with it. Have you considered Christmas Island? Low population, massive run way, satellite launch centre to mention a few of the reasons

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Fox News was just interviewing some guy from the Wall Street Journal. He was talking about Al-CIAda, 911, and flying planes into buildings. Could it happen again? Here's a cool interactive panoramic camera on top of the New World Trade Center. To begin using it, scroll down past black screen, then expand image to full screen. time.com...

edit on 13-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

paxnatus
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

Only if what you tag is tagged multiple times by other people. Then again i dont know what that notificaation sign is in middle right corner on TOMNOD!

Pax

Well that kinda defeats the purpose of searching for the plane via tag doesn't it? What if you really found the plane but your tag wasn't shared or isn't 'popular' enough in social media. I thought that once you tagged something, an expert will have a look at it and if need be forward it to the proper authorities.

That's weird.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

watchesfromwall

DrHammondStoat

qd22vcc
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Im more convinced that they have ideas of whats really going on but trying to keep the press out of it while they figure it out.

Based on Pakistan reports, they must at least believe there is a possible hijacking and Pakistan is a possible location for the plane to land. Otherwise why get involved? (and if the plane did coast on autopilot towards Pakistan, that could be a crash zone?)

Pakistan is not involved.

The reports of the plane possibly flying for 4 hours changes nothing that has been officially said from the start. A plane that had 2000 miles worth of fuel could be anywhere within a 2000 mile radius, which of course includes Pakistan....and many other places. It is the media speculating about Pakistan.

Also, Rolls Royce have only confirmed they have data from up to the plane going missing.

Well, see my related post quoting official Chinese govt. -that may be more reliable than MSM ATM- stating Pakistan is most likely involved, please.

Sorry maybe i didn't put that very well, i mean Pakistan has not been officially identified as a destination where it landed as in a highjacking.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Interesting...

The ship’s GPS system, meanwhile, indicated that it was calmly moving along its intended course in a straight line. There was no suggestion of any problem or deviation.

Maybe why Malaysia believes its course vs other course?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

rockflier

whatnext21

Nice of them to give terrorists more ideas.

I always ask why info like this is given to the public?

Its like saying to a terrorist:

'Here... have a look at this info and then go and do it'

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I was just as shocked when I found it...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

da pickles

The Maldives only has one airport which is located next to male. It is basically a runway built in the sea and is also very very busy. You would have no chance of landing the plane there and getting away with it. Have you considered Christmas Island? Low population, massive run way, satellite launch centre to mention a few of the reasons

Actually there are 2 international airports there that can handle a plane this size for both takeoff and landing....GAN and MLE. That is only going with Max landing and takeoff weights though...with all passengers/cargo removed and a lightweight weapon added there would be 3 there that would suffice.

And I did look at Christmas Island, but there are no connections there to terrorists that I can find. I am heavily relying on the Iranian connection as a possibility here. With the money they have to fund an operation of this size and the connections they have politically in Maldives I would think they could pull this off with nobody having any idea.

This plane would have been landing in very early morning hours under cover of darkness. I don't think many people would be around to see it much less think it out of the ordinary for a plane to land there. They service Malaysian airlines so that particular company would not have been out of place to land there either. Could have been easily taxi'd into a hangar and taken care of very quickly.
edit on 3/13/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join