It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

"U.S. officials have an "indication" the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have crashed in the Indian Ocean and is moving the USS Kidd to the area to begin searching.

It will take another 24 hours to move the ship into position, a senior Pentagon official told ABC News.

"We have an indication the plane went down in the Indian Ocean," the senior official said."

abcnews.go.com...

ALSO IN THE SAME ARTICLE

"investigators also said today that U.S. officials gave them reasons to keep searching the waters west of Malaysia, far from the flight path of the Malaysia Airlines plane.
Malaysian Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said that the search’s “main focus has always been in the South China Sea,” which is east of Malaysia and along the plane’s route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing."

edit on 13-3-2014 by Cosmocow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

The map from that report. This suggests, despite Malaysian officials denial, that the flight flew on for hours after it went off secondary radar.

The area being searched is the Malacca strait which was originally mentioned as a search area, so there must be data indication pointing to there.

Recent update, Rolls Royce refused to comment on whether signals received.

edit on 13-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This article leaves no doubt that there are nukes on Diego Garcia.

But what are the U.S. interests and what exactly does this sovereignty debate have to do with Africa's nuclear-weapon-free zone? In the last 40 or so years, thanks to a series of U.S.-British bilateral agreements (some of them secret), the expulsion of the atoll's indigenous population between 1967 and 1973, and a $2.5 billion U.S. military construction program, Diego Garcia has developed into a robust naval support facility, satellite tracking station, and bomber forward-operating location. It played a central role in all offensive combat missions against Iraq and Afghanistan from 1991 to 2006 and was used as a staging area for 20 B-52 bombers prominently deployed as a "calculated-ambiguous" tactical nuclear deterrent against any possible chemical or biological weapons used by Iraq against U.S. forces. The Diego Garcia internal lagoon--a gigantic natural harbor, measuring 48 square miles and dredged to a depth of 40 feet as a turning basin for aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines--is currently being upgraded to accommodate the U.S. Navy's new nuclear-powered, guided missile attack submarines. Considering the base's strategic location, current U.S. needs in the Middle East and Central Asia, and what is known about past uses of the base, it would be irresponsible to rule out the potential for nuclear weapons at Diego Garcia.
thebulletin.org...

The Google Earth image below shows construction on the roof of a hangar on Diego Garcia. It is the latest image although there is no date on it. Maybe MH370 was taken here?

This image was taken on 10/27/2003 and shows the roof already built.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Mikeultra
This article leaves no doubt that there are nukes on Diego Garcia.

But what are the U.S. interests and what exactly does this sovereignty debate have to do with Africa's nuclear-weapon-free zone? In the last 40 or so years, thanks to a series of U.S.-British bilateral agreements (some of them secret), the expulsion of the atoll's indigenous population between 1967 and 1973, and a $2.5 billion U.S. military construction program, Diego Garcia has developed into a robust naval support facility, satellite tracking station, and bomber forward-operating location. It played a central role in all offensive combat missions against Iraq and Afghanistan from 1991 to 2006 and was used as a staging area for 20 B-52 bombers prominently deployed as a "calculated-ambiguous" tactical nuclear deterrent against any possible chemical or biological weapons used by Iraq against U.S. forces. The Diego Garcia internal lagoon--a gigantic natural harbor, measuring 48 square miles and dredged to a depth of 40 feet as a turning basin for aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines--is currently being upgraded to accommodate the U.S. Navy's new nuclear-powered, guided missile attack submarines. Considering the base's strategic location, current U.S. needs in the Middle East and Central Asia, and what is known about past uses of the base, it would be irresponsible to rule out the potential for nuclear weapons at Diego Garcia.
thebulletin.org...

The Google Earth image below shows construction on the roof of a hangar on Diego Garcia. It is the latest image although there is no date on it. Maybe MH370 was taken here?

This image was taken on 10/27/2003 and shows the roof already built.

Good find.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Jennyfrenzy
reply to post by Realtruth

Unfortunately it's not mh370. China stated they released those images by mistake.

They continue to feed to world a bunch of bs.

Link

Satellite images released by 'mistake' On the Chinese satellite images, Hussein confirmed that planes had been dispatched to examine the area concerned. “We deployed our assets but found nothing,” he said. We contacted the Chinese embassy who notified us that the images were released by mistake and did not show any debris from MH370.

edit on 13-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

So many people here predicted this would happen as it appears to be the pattern with not only this incident in particular but with all incidents of this nature.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Thanks for that, Mikeultra. I knew we did not think the treaty applied to Diego, but saw nothing for sure. But, the last time I was there was in 1997 while flying for Southern Air. We did see some BUFFs there though. Did not connect the dots.
edit on Thu, 13 Mar 2014 12:17:06 -050020142014-03-13T12:17:06-05:00kfThursday17America/ChicagoThu, 13 Mar 2014 12:17:06 -0500 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

ITV News ‏@itvnews 1m
Satellites picked up 'electronic ping from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 after it lost contact' itv.co...

Source

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm curious why the US would allow the Malaysians to search in the wrong place for several days. Seems like the US would have at least nudged them in the right direction a bit sooner if they had the intelligence.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

MRuss

I'm curious why the US would allow the Malaysians to search in the wrong place for several days. Seems like the US would have at least nudged them in the right direction a bit sooner if they had the intelligence.

Unless we thought they were duplicit.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
In case you hadn't figured it out yet, we're being lied to at every turn.

Has anyone here on ATS come out with a theory/idea that seems workable?

Has there been a theory that seems applicable---even as a guess?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

Right now everyone seems to be re-tweeting that but there is no full story on it anywhere. Not Reuters not any other news outlet that has said this in the last hour or two...

Until they say anything more, like who is saying this what satellites and so forth it pretty much seems like BS.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

US is sending a destroyer into the Malacca Strait...

I guess that radar blip detected by the Malaysian military (which a source described as "sensitive") is of interest in this incident after all.

If I were Malaysia, I'd spill the beans on everything they know because of the beating their reputation is taking.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

Right now everyone seems to be re-tweeting that but there is no full story on it anywhere. Not Reuters not any other news outlet that has said this in the last hour or two...

Until they say anything more, like who is saying this what satellites and so forth it pretty much seems like BS.

Sky news tweeted it out also.

I still have yet to find anything backing it up.

link   

OpinionatedB

All of this sure does a lot to bolster our confidence in the news media, social networks, the military, governments in general, and airlines. I have not trusted any of them for awhile, especially after having worked for a couple of them.

link   
If they did crash towards Indian Ocean, hopefully maybe close to Islands like the British Indian Ocean Territory( has around 50 islands)...and maybe a couple survivors..but 6 days on the Ocean seems unlikely to survive :/

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

Here we go.

Reuters

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Re-post of a post on another thread...

You know....another thought I just had is if the intention was to hijack this plane and take it to another location for other nefarious purposes...I keep hearing that the passengers would have tried to do something and whatnot, which I completely agree with. How do you keep passengers under control in a hijacking after 911.....you depressurize the cabin and kill them all where they sit while you are prepared with oxygen already.

This could account for the phones continuing to ring and passengers not getting involved. Kill them all prior to getting to where you are going in a pretty violent free manner, land the plane, dump the bodies, load plane with whatever and start second part of mission.

I am no pilot, but is it possible to depressurize a plane in flight and kill the passengers while being prepared for it yourself, assuming you are either the pilot or have gained control of the cockpit and have oxygen and whatnot at the ready?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Yes

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think the Plane was most likely shot down by accident and was found immediately after the incident by the Governments involved. They have continually fed everyone BS through the Media for days as behind the scenes they try to sort the mess out and also want to get their stories straight.

If one looks at the news reports, each Country seems to be almost deliberately giving us completely differing stories. How can countries disagree on such huge distances and margins? All seems acted out to me to try and cover up what is really going on in an undisclosed location.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It all seems like stalling tactics to me - bogus radar hits, bogus satellite hits, bogus searches, bogus story...

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join