It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

The 777 has flown over 7 million flights, and this is the third crash. Prior to this there were three fatalities in the first two.

How is that NOT a stellar record?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Soloprotocol

Leonidas
www.bbc.com...

Last communication being reported as: "All right, roger that"

...to a radio message from Malaysian air control, authorities said.

Maybe the pilot talking about one of the Passengers.......Sorry...Had to be said.

Not attaching any meaning to the phrase myself.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

My question is who would that benefit? In this day and age of manipulating false flags, why would an Iranian terrorist link be hushed up if there was one? Wouldn't it be more probable that it would be used in the MSM as more propaganda?

Thanks for asking, and I will do my best to answer.

At this point in time, the US and the current administration have a hard time using the word terrorism, and admitting to it. Obviously, this took place outside of the US, but, we do have some pull and influence with many other countries. Most of all, they learn by our examples, money is always a huge talker. Follow the money.

In the recent past, the optics have been such as to play down any possible terrorism (Fort Hood became work place violence, the denial of Al Qaida having any strength globally, etc), and they have been shoving mental illness, depression, and all forms of mental well being down our throats. Not only with gun control, but all aspects, because of insurance purposes.

I have always said, and will continue to voice the opinion that anyone who murders anyone has a mental problem to begin with. There is a fine line between sanity and insanity, for instance, saying, "I hate Jane, I wish she was dead" is a long way from actually carrying out that act. We all fantasize about revenge, or vengeful things. I think that is normal, healthy, and even a coping mechanism for some after a lifechanging event affects said persons' life. We cross the line of insanity when we act upon those thoughts.

The terrorism front has not just been downplayed in the US, but other countries are following our lead. The mental health aspect has been a broadbased discussion across many countries.

An article was even linked, just recently, above this response. When I read that article, which I admittedly browsed, I got to one point where it was even stated that if it was deemed to be terrorism, some of the insurance wouldn't get paid. Thereby, they have even more motivation to change the optics to the mental illness vision. I will link the article and quote pertinent sections.

With the Fort Hood incident, it was the opposite. The government would have been held more responsible, and the payouts would have been higher for the victims' families. This was the reason for the outrage after the attack.

There are multiple reasons to downplay the terrorism aspect, and draw attention to the mental health aspect.

Also, please note that sheer accidental death is the *last* thing on the list, because this would denote at least some extent on someones' behalf, of negilgence. Either in repairs and upkeep, or some failure of a responsible party to do something, and failed to do it.

Mental illness leaves everyone free of responsibility, how could we know? He seemed so normal! He was such a nice guy, we never saw this coming! It's the easiest, cleanest, and least costly way for all involved. Best of all, the pilot is no longer here to defend himself.

Hoping this makes sense. Now for that article:

www.ecns.cn...

Further compensation from Malaysia
Airlines depends on the reason for the
accident. If it is established that the disaster
resulted from a mistake by the airline, the
compensation could be huge, said Hao.

"If it turns out to be a terrorist attack, some
travel insurance policies may not apply. But
the families of those who purchased life or
accident policies would get compensation
under any circumstances," Hao said.

edit on 12-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by samaria

I wonder that,too, a meteor would be seen in the sky at night , the light, burning when it enters our atmosphere

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't think I've seen this talked about what with all the cell phone debates. According to the Malaysian Airlines site the 1st and Business class areas have:

"Communications and connectivity

Your in-flight entertainment controller doubles as an air-to-ground phone. Make calls or send text messages to anywhere using your credit card. You can also call your friends on the same flight."

Source

Their 777 describes 35 1st class seats. Not counting the business class (not sure the total there) that's still a lot of people with access to coms that are not bound by cell phone limitations.

That's a lot of people to subdue and keep their hands off of phones during a highjacking, if that's your theory. Or if someone had the skills to circumvent the tracking/transponders systems I suppose disabling phones would not be that big a deal either.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

bobs_uruncle

I've been reading reports that Boeing has some kind of "sterling" history, yeah sure, they keep saying that but it doesn't make it true, they have done some unbelievably stupid things in aircraft. Something is up or this could be being used as a distraction, so you have to ask, "what is the "left" hand doing?"

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/12.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

The Boeing 777 has been in service for twenty (20) years and there are almost 1,200 of them in service. As far As I can recall there have been two complete losses. The Asiana flight that crash landed at SanFrancisco last year, killing two (one hit by a fire truck after getting clear of the plane), and a SpeedBird flight that crashed short of the runway in Britain as a result of fuel icing in the engine. No lives lost there.

The 777 was designed primarily as a long haul airplane and has served safely for 20 years.

It's safety record is excellent.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

There may be a fourth (counting this one) but they haven't decided yet. It suffered a cockpit fire on the ground.
edit on 3/12/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Leonidas

There may be a fourth (counting this one) but they haven't decided yet. It suffered a cockpit fire on the ground.
edit on 3/12/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

Is that the one where ground crew died in a horrific refueling accident? Or is that a different one as well?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The satellite communication antenna adapter failure seems to fit the situation.

But if the rig sighting was the plane then it probably contradicts it because of the fire but allows for the terrorist/bomb angle.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

roadgravel

But if the rig sighting was the plane then it probably contradicts it because of the fire but allows for the terrorist/bomb angle.

Why do you think it is the result of a terrorist bomb?

What is the logical chain of events leading to that conclusion that meshes with the facts as they are known today>?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

The 777 has flown over 7 million flights, and this is the third crash. Prior to this there were three fatalities in the first two.

How is that NOT a stellar record?

Yeah, I read these from the Boeing 777 wiki...

TextIncidents and accidents[edit]

Heat exchanger. Circular latticework with an uneven covering of small particles over part of its surface.

Laboratory replication of ice crystals clogging the fuel-oil heat exchanger on a Rolls-Royce Trent 800 engine, from the NTSB report on the BA38 and DL18 incidents[210]
As of March 2014, the 777 has been in 10 aviation accidents and incidents,[211] including three confirmed hull-loss accidents,[212] and three hijackings.[213] Before 2013, the only fatality involving the twinjet occurred in a refueling fire at Denver International Airport on September 5, 2001, during which a ground worker sustained fatal burns.[214] The aircraft, operated by British Airways, suffered fire damage to the lower wing panels and engine housing; it was later repaired and returned to service.[214][215]
The type's first hull-loss occurred on January 17, 2008, when British Airways Flight 38, a 777-200ER with Rolls-Royce Trent 895 engines flying from Beijing to London, crash-landed approximately 1,000 feet (300 m) short of Heathrow Airport's runway 27L and slid onto the runway's threshold. There were 47 injuries and no fatalities. The impact damaged the landing gear, wing roots and engines. The aircraft was written off.[216][217] Upon investigation, the accident was blamed on ice crystals from the fuel system clogging the fuel-oil heat exchanger (FOHE).[210] In 2009, air accident investigators called for a redesign of this component on the Trent 800 series engine.[218] Redesigned fuel oil heat exchangers were installed in British Airways' 777s by October 2009.[219]
Two other minor momentary losses of thrust with Trent 895 engines occurred in February and November 2008.[220][221] The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) investigators concluded that, just as on BA38, the loss of power was caused by ice in the fuel clogging the fuel-oil heat exchanger. As a result, the heat exchanger was redesigned.[210]
The type's second hull-loss occurred on July 29, 2011, when an EgyptAir 777-200ER registered as SU-GBP suffered a cockpit fire while parked at the gate at Cairo International Airport.[222] The plane was successfully evacuated with no injuries,[222] and airport fire teams extinguished the fire.[223] The aircraft sustained structural, heat and smoke damage. This aircraft was written off.[222][223] Investigators focused on a possible electrical fault with a supply hose in the cockpit crew oxygen system.[222]
The type's third hull loss and first involving fatalities occurred on July 6, 2013, when Asiana Airlines Flight 214, 777-200ER registered HL7742, crashed while landing at San Francisco International Airport after touching down short of the runway. Surviving passengers and crew evacuated before fire destroyed the aircraft. The crash led to the death of three of the 307 people on board. These were the first fatalities in a crash involving a 777.[224][225][226] An accident investigation by the NTSB is underway; its initial focus is on the aircraft's low landing speed.[227]
On March 8, 2014, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, a 777-200ER carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew, was reported missing en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Air Traffic Control's last reported coordinates for the aircraft were in Vietnamese air space in the South China Sea at 6°55′15″N 103°34′43″E. The flight is presumed to have crashed into the sea, most likely due to catastrophic failure, as no 'mayday' type communication was reported.[228][229][230]

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

yep. im sure there are hundreds of them entering our atmosphere that go without being noticed. that could do fatal damage to a plain. its a possibility ofcourse but unlikley

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

kanbanozaurus
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Why do they consider a meteor hit as a conspiracy theory?
Is it because it doesn't fit their MSM superior understanding of our world?
Just sayin

Thank you all for the good posts

How would a meteorite strike EXPLAIN everything?

There is no debris or it hasn't been found yet. A meteorite strike would not explain anything it would just add a silly, rather pointless speculative theory. There are probably countless other, speculative scenarios which are (literally!!) thousands of times more likely, equipment failures, explosions, pilot errors etc..etc... so or so...a meteorite would also not entirely disintegrate a plane just like that.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Leonidas

roadgravel

Why do you think it is the result of a terrorist bomb?

What is the logical chain of events leading to that conclusion that meshes with the facts as they are known today>?

I am not saying it was a terrorist attack but that it would still allow for it to fit. One of the things that could cause a plane to be burning and in a descent.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by inshel

I really hope they look at the last location ping from these ppl's cells....esp if 1st class was able to use their phone whenever...you would think it would be discussed in the news?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

I don't believe th poster said it was ness carols fr the plane. There's lots of bodies bobbing around in the sea

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kanbanozaurus

Yeah...that was why I posted it. A meteor strike is well within the realm of possibilities.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed

kanbanozaurus
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Why do they consider a meteor hit as a conspiracy theory?
Is it because it doesn't fit their MSM superior understanding of our world?
Just sayin

Thank you all for the good posts

...a meteorite would also not entirely disintegrate a plane just like that.

And you know this how exactly? From the wealth of data humans have collected over the past century or so about meteors striking planes?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Can someone kindly provide an update for those of us who are at work and can't read through the whole last 20 pages? What's happened since midnight last night?

Anything interesting?

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Excuse for not looking to see if you already answered this question but how do you feel Zaph about the theory presented 30 pages or so ago about a hole in the skin by the antannae causing loss of transponder and slow depressurization? Is it a valid theory? Does it make sense to you? Is it even plausible in your opinion?
edit on 12-3-2014 by Cosmocow because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2014 by Cosmocow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join