It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

samaria
reply to post by inshel

ok so chance of any survivors is pretty low i guess. i can't even imagine how it would be to survive a plain crash and then having to die because no one ever found you.
thx for your answer

you're welcome. and i've no idea what a normal survival time is, like I said that was the only close to actual situation that came to mind. either way, i 100% agree with you that no thanks not a way i would like to go.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Why do they consider a meteor hit as a conspiracy theory?
Is it because it doesn't fit their MSM superior understanding of our world?
Just sayin

Thank you all for the good posts

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
looks like this is turning into the biggest search and rescue disaster ever!

I wonder what will happen if the chinese find the plane first. if something goes down in chinese waters are they allowed to keep the wreckage and investigate?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This theory( about slowly losing oxygen) was mentioned previously but I see that idea coming into news articles...If this is a possibility, would they not include the search to where the plane couldve flown to on autopilot?

Article
edit on 12-3-2014 by qd22vcc because: correcting thought

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kanbanozaurus

i think because the chance of a meteor hitting a plane is alsmost to zero. but hey everything is possible right

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Like your link says if they react to slow the lose control of the plane, and if it is on auto pilot continues on. Correct?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just saw this article hit the net not more than 3 hours ago. It seems someone think they saw MH370 go down in flames.

"I SAW THE MALAYSIA AIRLINES PLANE COME DOWN."

God hope this isn't true.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Also, because the US Defence already stated that they had no evidence of a mid-air explosion on any of their radar or SIGINT. Whether we should believe them or not, is another matter.
edit on 12-3-2014 by deessell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
another thing about this that strikes me as odd is the 1 passenger from australia who left his watch and wedding ring with his family "just in case" anything should happen to him...he was going to mongolia for a month... why would he be that worrried aboht something happening that he would leave that stuff behind?

source

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by samaria

Agree.
But who or what made the plot? I don't see a link with a meteor hit and a conspiracy theory.
Sorry, I am a bit off topic.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

On a side note to that article...a commenter suggested Darwin Initiative
If we dont find out anything Im going with that lol

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

ML8715
another thing about this that strikes me as odd is the 1 passenger from australia who left his watch and wedding ring with his family "just in case" anything should happen to him...he was going to mongolia for a month... why would he be that worrried aboht something happening that he would leave that stuff behind?

source

It is hard to put ourselves in other peoples shoes sometimes. However, for reference, my grandmother made my grandfather leave his wedding ring with her whenever he went fishing. So who knows.

Plus, are you suggesting that he got on the flight knowing he was going to die? Why would he?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

ML8715

source

Advisories
MONGOLIA - Exercise a high degree of caution

There is no nationwide advisory in effect for Mongolia. However, you should exercise a high degree of caution due to increasing crime, sometimes targeting foreigners.

Source

This is why.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

i don't know. i just remember someone posted the theory yesterday. all i thought about it was that its pretty unlikely for that to happen right. i don't even remember if there was links to it or anything i just catched it up when i was flippn through the pages.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...

Last communication being reported as: "All right, roger that"

...to a radio message from Malaysian air control, authorities said.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by samaria

I heard that theory on some medias as well.
But I see no point to hide such an event if it occured.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Leonidas

ML8715

source

It is hard to put ourselves in other peoples shoes sometimes. However, for reference, my grandmother made my grandfather leave his wedding ring with her whenever he went fishing. So who knows.

Plus, are you suggesting that he got on the flight knowing he was going to die? Why would he?

Your grandmother may have been worried that your grandfathers ring would fall overboard while fishing.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Leonidas
www.bbc.com...

Last communication being reported as: "All right, roger that"

...to a radio message from Malaysian air control, authorities said.

Maybe the pilot talking about one of the Passengers.......Sorry...Had to be said.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

marhaba
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Thanks for posting, your theory sounds more plausible except that there's still no wreckage to be found.

It took months to find the Helderberg. It all depends on the ocean currents and where they went down. The 9 mile oil/gas slick, that is possibly an interesting indicator but again, ocean currents can create a lot of confusion. The top level, mid level and bottom level currents tend to be stratified in which case they can all be going in different directions at different speeds. Also, the FDR and CVR pingers (locator beacons) have a limited life span, usually only 30 to 90 days. What is the depth of the water it may have gone down in, anything over 2000 meters becomes difficult but not impossible, the Helderberg was greater than 4500 meters and about 5% of the parts plus the CVR was recovered in 1988/89 so technology is better now and should give greater results. As an aside, side sonar systems used for hunting objects on the bottom of the ocean can require control cabling that can be 25km's long or more.

The interesting thing about the oil/gas slick is that it would not have come from the plane if it was flying at cruising altitude (35,000 feet). It would have dispersed on the way down and would have been broken up and blown by the wind. For an oil slick of that size, I would think 1000 feet or less, but I would consider more along the lines of 500 feet or less and a fuel dump in preparation for a water ditch.

The situation is getting a bit too weird now however with all the conflicting reports. I've been reading reports that Boeing has some kind of "sterling" history, yeah sure, they keep saying that but it doesn't make it true, they have done some unbelievably stupid things in aircraft. Something is up or this could be being used as a distraction, so you have to ask, "what is the "left" hand doing?"

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/12.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

you are right. but was there any data, info, of a meteors coming down that night in that region that would have lead to bring this posibility into question. i mean why would the media even bring that story up if there was nothing to it right.

let me correct that media brings all kinds of crap up with nothing to it or what do you think?

edit on 12-3-2014 by samaria because: forgot

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join