It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Who is John Galt?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

This looks like the same as the one the fisherman found:

www.npmarine.net...

www.npmarine.net...

These may not be FAA type, and may belong to a ship.
edit on 12-3-2014 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
does anybody know how long a person can survive in open waters with a lifjacket on?
Don't know how the water temperatures are but lets say some one did get off the plane and didnt get eatn by sharks
I mean 5 days now lets hope someone will be found

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

A lot more then the aircraft version shown. The straits are a very busy passage so no telling how much maritime stuff gets in the water in it.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Raises more questions if the body turns out to be a passenger they had time to put on life jackets how come the pilots had no time to contact control or send a message of a problem?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Brit-Tex

I like that reference...it fits well here...an expression of helplessness and despair at the current situation...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Answer

Why?

I would think the presence of a life jacket would indicate it came from the plane. ?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

samaria
does anybody know how long a person can survive in open waters with a lifjacket on?
Don't know how the water temperatures are but lets say some one did get off the plane and didnt get eatn by sharks

Only thought that comes to mind is the crew of the USS Indianapolis, 1945. Japanese torpedo sank her, 900 of almost 1,200 made it into the water, rest went down with the ship. Almost 5 days later 300 men came out of the water. Rest lost to drowning, sharks, exposure, etc. 300 fit, young, trained men last 5 days. At this point your average Joe has been in the water for what...almost 4 days? Not good odds I don't think.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
5 crucial days just completely wasted. What a ongoing nightmare for all the families with loved ones missing.

At this point Malaysian Officials have proven time and time again to not have a handle on the situation. It's surely time to hand it off to someone who can.

The fact that it took so long to officially redact the world-spread report of the U-turn and eventual Western peninsula location is a shame.The RMAF had a million different ways it could have immediately redacted the scoop the minute it began circulating but instead they let it float around the MSM for a number of hours. Just completely ridiculous.

I can't blame other countries, from this point on, for taking things into their own hands and telling Malaysian officials to piss off.

edit on 12-3-2014 by OatDelphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is a 360 report from Anderson Cooper regarding conspiracy theories.

Could a meteor have hit Flight 370?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

samaria

The bummer about being abandoned in the ocean is that if it is either too cold to survive any time at all, or warm enough for sharks...so there's that.

From history, the survivors of the WW2 USS Indianapolis survived three days before being found. After delivering the Atomic bomb to Guam, it was sunk near the Philippines. Of the 1,196 on board 880 went in the water, the sharks took approximately 500. Only 317 survived.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Monte-Carlo

Big difference between finding wreckage at 3,800 and 4,000 meters ( AF447) and 80-100 meters deep ( MH370)
Assuming, as you are suggesting, there is wreckage 80-100 meters deep, there should be associated debris floating above the wreckage and on the water surface. You mean with all the dozens of satellites pointing down and dozens of search teams available, they can't find any seat or wing?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Here is a very good theory provided earlier. It's seems pretty plausible with the newest info. Best theory yet IMO

mh370lost.tumblr.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Scenario of a water crash in the given search area: I would think reaching the superstructure/boxes, once/if found, would be easier to find/'hear the beeps' on one hand due to shallower water. However shallower water also means stronger currents. That would mean any buoyant/floating debris is most likely long gone from point of impact. So if any debris does pop up I would think very unlikely that it's located right above the wreckage.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It seems this thread has gotten so lengthy that almost all info presented recently has been gone over extensively in much earlier postings. I guess that is inherent in such a popular subject.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by inshel

ok so chance of any survivors is pretty low i guess. i can't even imagine how it would be to survive a plain crash and then having to die because no one ever found you.
thx for your answer

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Cosmocow
Here is a very good theory provided earlier. It's seems pretty plausible with the newest info. Best theory yet IMO

mh370lost.tumblr.com...

The cockpits of aircraft generally contain a separate oxygen system for the flight crew, and effective use of these has no doubt saved many aircraft. Hypoxia, which can cause severe disorientation and unconsciousness, sets in quickly; if a flight crew does not realise the cabin has decompressed, or is too slow to respond, they can quickly lose control of the aircraft.

Emergency oxygen system

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Monte-Carlo
Body wearing lifejacket reported found off Malacca.

The Beijing News reports a source claiming to be a local volunteer assisting in the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has found a dead body wearing a lifejacket

www.wantchinatimes.com...
edit on 12-3-2014 by Monte-Carlo because: (no reason given)

I cannot find the English version but the body found was a fisherman who went missing on Sunday

www.astroawani.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

It is a good thought that I would hope officials smart enough to figure out too....I didnt think about that but go through all ip addresses of all phones and see if any of them pinged a location that wasnt the airport?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

~Lucidity
This is a 360 report from Anderson Cooper regarding conspiracy theories.

Could a meteor have hit Flight 370?

I don't think so, It would be like trying to shoot a speeding bullet with another bullet

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join