It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good bye you son of a Bitch winter.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I wanted to say that I expected a lot more anger and vitriol, but then I saw you are Canadian..

So, I wanted to say, those are some harsh words for winter!

I know quite a few people who feel exactly the same way. It hasnt been too bad where I live, but some spots have been hit pretty hard all winter.

I absolutely cant wait until things start to bloom.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Hope you're joining in really soon. Cheering for you! Location varies. We had the last light snowfall beginning of March. The birds had started to return and could hear them really complaining together on the tree tops, they were not happy campers. My aunt in revelstoke got 4 feet of snow, we got around an inch. Well that melted, rain, sunshine, bird song greeting us all morning.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
We have 6 feet of snow in our yard, literally.

When I'm out shovelling the driveway, my neighbour and I have to jump up and down to wave "Hi" to each other.

We're supposed to see a high of about +2 degrees celcius tomorrow.... weeeeee !!

.... and then they're calling for another foot of snow over the next 3 days following that.

*sigh*

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Necrobile
reply to post by Iwinder

HA! It's snowing right here in Colorado, and from the top of my car, we've gotten at least 3-4 inches. Expected to last the weekend.

Winter just doesn't know when he's overstayed his welcome. XD

You can keep it there, we too use our truck or picnic table for a snow gauge...... They called for 2 inches today and it went below us so we got zero:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Iwinder

I have a better idea. You' all come to my house. We can even cook outside without freezing. Bring a sweater that's all you'll need. For you Canadians it's swimsuit weather here. LOL

We are on our way with a keg of Canadian and our sweaters, Top sirloin for me if you have it two inch cut would be nice.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Iwinder

Arrrrrg. I can't stand it. Build a fire quick. Better yet move !

Funny you mention that, we are almost done with 4 face cords of fire wood and we do have 4 more for backup.
Never have we had to hit the backup supply but this year I do believe we might just do that.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I am worried we may see Her wrath once again soon-our non existent winter may be Her way of teasing the fools on the small island I call my home.We may get 6 foot drifts next week. But these days,it only takes an inch or two of snow to mess up thye whole UK,health and safety,you understand. Bring on the next ice age I say,I love winter.
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I love winter too, just not this year and sorry to hear and read about your floods there in England.
When all our white stuff melts we are sure to have flooding as the frost level is over 3 feet deep, that is very unusual for this time of year.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Serdgiam
reply to post by Iwinder

I wanted to say that I expected a lot more anger and vitriol, but then I saw you are Canadian..

So, I wanted to say, those are some harsh words for winter!

I know quite a few people who feel exactly the same way. It hasnt been too bad where I live, but some spots have been hit pretty hard all winter.

I absolutely cant wait until things start to bloom.

We agree with you all the way, just last summer we redid our garden with a hasta and Japanese maple theme.
What pops up in the spring will be interesting to say the least. We are hoping for a 50% survival rate but we think that is wishful thinking.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Unity_99
reply to post by Iwinder

Hope you're joining in really soon. Cheering for you! Location varies. We had the last light snowfall beginning of March. The birds had started to return and could hear them really complaining together on the tree tops, they were not happy campers. My aunt in revelstoke got 4 feet of snow, we got around an inch. Well that melted, rain, sunshine, bird song greeting us all morning.

I am practicing my snoopy dance as they are saying by Monday we will hit 45 F (16C) I hope it stands but as we learned this year the forecast from the evening can and will almost most assuredly be very different from the forecast you wake up to.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

CranialSponge
We have 6 feet of snow in our yard, literally.

When I'm out shovelling the driveway, my neighbour and I have to jump up and down to wave "Hi" to each other.

We're supposed to see a high of about +2 degrees celcius tomorrow.... weeeeee !!

.... and then they're calling for another foot of snow over the next 3 days following that.

*sigh*

We have the same situation here, all the snow we have gotten since November is still on the ground and it has compacted into solid ice.

The stuff we snowblowed and shoveled is just rock solid, I do believe that we have two piles and the end of our double drive that are at least 6 feet high if not eight feet high.

What really screwed us up was a water main break in mid January right in front of our home.
It froze solid and we have a good 10 inches of ice all along the curb out front.

Please keep your foot of forecasted snow off of our property.:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
WhoooHooo tomorrow is forecast to be a high of 47 F or if you will 7 C either way its looking good.
I am going to drag out the BBQ if it is not raining and have myself some guy time at the grill :-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
We had 17 C today! Was a wonderful day.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Update time for this thread, and I will say it again this year almost to the day "Good bye you son of a Bitch winter" It's been a long cold haul for us in the "Great Lakes Region" again this year not so much snow as last year but heck there are three foot drifts of solid ice.

The sun and nice warm weather is doing its job nice and slow and that saves a mopping in the basement for now. Anyhow I figured it was safe to post this without the worry of too many more snow falls or too much more cold weather.

The only problem for us is the "Great Lakes" are pretty well frozen solid so its going to be a cool spring for us and a cool early summer as well.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 13-3-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Righteous rant.

Long live flip flops.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Righteous rant.

Long live flip flops.

Funny you say that, I just this afternoon went for a haircut and one of the customers waiting was wearing sandals without socks :-) I had to look three times to believe what I was seeing and no I don't have a fetish for ugly feet I have my own to worry about.

But what I say is true, we have not spotted the first robin yet and lo and behold there is a set of bare feet in the barber shop today! Whoooo Hooooo its coming and we can't wait. Our Daffs are up out front of the house and the neighbours snow drops are up as well.

Happy times
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 13-3-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I just survived my first 6 months of solid winter (they forgot to have autumn it appears) I miss my aussie beach. I think I just suffered my first climate induced depression.

Silly people why do you choose to live in this nightmare.....says she who nearly took a blow torch to her front yard to try melt some.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Yeah, my bulbs are popping up too. Thinking about garden prep on Sunday. It's got me giddy.

@ Zazz...you could always move to Florida. LoLz..what the hell am I saying!? Okay, well, maybe the Keys. At least you would be separated from the rest of FL by a really long bridge.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Take that back.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Okay...I take it back.

Texas?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack