It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good bye you son of a Bitch winter.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

shadow watcher
New England here.
Stab winter in the heart for me too!
Then kick it a few times as well.
We're having pot roast, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and homebrew!

Corned beef and cabbage next week!!
anyone wanna come over?

Pass me the Knife and I will stab away, Cored beef and cabbage is close to our favorite which is Cabbage rolls :-)
That is close enough for us, we are on our way to your place for good eats and company and no winter.
Have you got lots of homebrew? if not I can toss a keg in the truck no worries.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 7-3-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I make a mean stuffed cabbage with potato rolls.
We put on about 10 lbs over the winter. I cook too much of the heavy stuff.
It comes in handy after a couple of hours clearing the driveway (again).

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

19KTankCommander
reply to post by Iwinder

Miller high life please

American or the Canadian version of that fine brew?
I need to know before it may snow here.

Either one you shall receive since you asked for it, also how do you like your steak done?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

shadow watcher
I make a mean stuffed cabbage with potato rolls.
We put on about 10 lbs over the winter. I cook too much of the heavy stuff.
It comes in handy after a couple of hours clearing the driveway (again).

Totally understood here, I too do the cabbage rolls and mashed with green beans if we can find them.

I make enough for a small army but its just the two of us.
I find the smell of cooking cabbage disgusting but yet I love the taste of it.......Go figure ......
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
to that!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Staroth
to that!

agreed:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

It's been such a cold winter, the back door of my house wouldn't close right and the dead bolt was out of alignment. Even my outside garage door wouldn't close because the cement has heaved up! I've never seen a winter where concrete slabs have raised up a good half inch due to the below zero temperatures. I even had to push my dog out the door to do her business because she didn't like how cold it was outside. It seems now when the sun finally shines and it's around 35 degrees, it feels more like 50! I think people are going to bring out lawn chairs when it hits 60.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Cheers to that. I don't know where you're located, but winter might not quite be over yet. I would not get excited until you can get excited.

I made this mistake of becoming super ecstatic a couple weeks ago on a 40 degree day - next day blasted with -20 and a snow storm.

edit on 3/7/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Americans are so cute when they complain about winter ^_^

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I've been doing the snoopy dance for several days now! so very very very very very underscore the very, happy!

This Canadian is a tropical greenhouse plant, minus any wish to be around poisonous insects. But lucky we always live in the warmest spot in canada, from birth. Okanagan and even Fraser Valley for a bit.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Good riddance.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

HA! It's snowing right here in Colorado, and from the top of my car, we've gotten at least 3-4 inches. Expected to last the weekend.

Winter just doesn't know when he's overstayed his welcome. XD

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

WeRpeons
reply to post by Iwinder

It's been such a cold winter, the back door of my house wouldn't close right and the dead bolt was out of alignment. Even my outside garage door wouldn't close because the cement has heaved up! I've never seen a winter where concrete slabs have raised up a good half inch due to the below zero temperatures. I even had to push my dog out the door to do her business because she didn't like how cold it was outside. It seems now when the sun finally shines and it's around 35 degrees, it feels more like 50! I think people are going to bring out lawn chairs when it hits 60.

Yep same here, our garage door gave up the ghost and I suspect it was because of the drifts on the roof.
Had to get a new motor installed and as well our cement drive is heaved in places and sunken in others.

You are correct it certainly felt like 50 degrees on Friday but it was only 37 ......perhaps not being dressed up like a Burrito had something to do with this......:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

unb3k44n7
Cheers to that. I don't know where you're located, but winter might not quite be over yet. I would not get excited until you can get excited.

I made this mistake of becoming super ecstatic a couple weeks ago on a 40 degree day - next day blasted with -20 and a snow storm.

edit on 3/7/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

Location is Southern Ontario and I agree it might be a bit premature to have a party but after 4 plus months without a thaw this to me is reason to have a Kegger.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
Americans are so cute when they complain about winter ^_^

Looks like my Neighbour John having a cup of tea after the fact that it was a very rough night.:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I have a better idea. You' all come to my house. We can even cook outside without freezing. Bring a sweater that's all you'll need. For you Canadians it's swimsuit weather here. LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Unity_99
I've been doing the snoopy dance for several days now! so very very very very very underscore the very, happy!

This Canadian is a tropical greenhouse plant, minus any wish to be around poisonous insects. But lucky we always live in the warmest spot in canada, from birth. Okanagan and even Fraser Valley for a bit.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Good on you, I wish after this winter that I had the luck to be born in British Columbia.....sad as it is right now I am dealing with the hand dealt to me.

Enjoy your nice weather and have a dance for me as well :-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

dreamingawake
Good riddance.

To me or that son of a bitch winter? :-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Arrrrrg. I can't stand it. Build a fire quick. Better yet move !

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Iwinder
We got our first thaw here since this winter started, It was a very pleasant 37 degrees and sunny to boot.
It felt like summer to us today :-)....No wind no snow was very much appreciated.
I know it is just winter weather but this year took a toll on us and I am sure more around the globe.
Right now we still have drifts on our roof that are at least 3 feet high, but today was a start and we have really enjoyed seeing old man winter getting his ass kicked.
The old man winter is dying, and we are going to have a party with BBQ'd Top Sirloins and Baked Potatoes and Brown Baked Beans.
And lots of beer.
We are used to long and cold winters but.....this year takes the cake way beyond anything we have experienced in the past 20 years.

Good riddance to this winter and we hope that we do not see a repeat next year.

There it is in print and I feel great, nothing like lashing out at the weather with a Rant.

Regards, Iwinder

Hey Iwinder,North Wales here-

We have not had a winter this year to speak of-its very abnormal weather in fact.Very mild,no frost,no snow.Unheard of really-most winters have at least a few days of frost and snow here,usually a lot.
I live high up in a wind/snow/storm prone environment,and even the wind has been weird this winter-its almost all or nothing.
Gales or calm.No inbetween.
My brothers and sisters in England have had the same lack of snow and frost,but far too much rain in some places-you may have seen the floods on the news.
Last year 2013,in the last week of March we got a fierce reminder of what Mother nature can throw at us if she chooses-
Mega snow,6 foot drifts,powercuts,people stranded,unprepared-A real shock for many folks.

I am worried we may see Her wrath once again soon-our non existent winter may be Her way of teasing the fools on the small island I call my home.We may get 6 foot drifts next week.
But these days,it only takes an inch or two of snow to mess up thye whole UK,health and safety,you understand.

Bring on the next ice age I say,I love winter.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join