It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

PsykoOps
Leave it to an american to go full retard over a flag. And why is this on posse comitatus anyway?

We Americans got this thing about this one particular flag... It is not "a" flag but "The" flag. Call us old fashion I guess...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Xtrozero

PsykoOps
Leave it to an american to go full retard over a flag. And why is this on posse comitatus anyway?

We Americans got this thing about this one particular flag... It is not "a" flag but "The" flag. Call us old fashion I guess...

Then the same circlejerk gathers to applaud the vet who flies his flag upside down because the country is in trouble. We've seen this.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Nationalism is comparable to racism

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

PsykoOps

Then the same circlejerk gathers to applaud the vet who flies his flag upside down because the country is in trouble. We've seen this.

Flying The Flag upside down is not disrespectful...it is a sign of distress..

You know it happens to be our flag...do you mind if we treat it the way we want to?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
What happened to go tell the owner that he is doing it wrong in a diplomatic way, this is a typical american way of doing things.

Invade, destroy be glorious and victorious and show you are not happy with how things are done if it's not done your way, then show it on the National news so every US citizen can chant "USA" justifying the action

edit on 8-3-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

whyamIhere

This is Awesome. This is our Country.

If you want to Display the Mexican Flag....Do it properly.

Many Americans hold the flag close to their hearts.

I am one of those people. Sorry for the short thread.

The Video speaks very loudly for itself...
edit on 7-3-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

Well that's hilarious, the guy looked like a clown going into the store without saying a word, i guess he's not that mexican isn't he? he probably never really went into the real mexico, lol, if he had, he would know to respect other's people's country and flags.

He could very easily fly the two next to each other, after all he's on the wrong country, right?

Would be nice to see this guy go all proud against real mexicans like these ones, he would probably run the other way like he did on that video lol... real mexicans are not that idiotic, they know where they are and they don't care about showing up like this.

mexico.cnn.com...

So... how do you insert an external image on ats? why make it so hard?...
edit on 8-3-2014 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Of topic.

So... how do you insert an external image on ats? why make it so hard?...

I send you a privat message

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

kx12x
reply to post by whyamIhere

I don't know about cutting it down, but I do agree with his sentiment towards having the Mexican flag above the U.S. flag.

If Mexico is so great, then why come here? Seems pretty disrespectful to fly a flag of the country you fled above the flag of the country you fled to. At least they did have a U.S. flag, though.

Well in that respect, the USA invited them in, about that time when the second world war was going on, they promised a lot of things, things like citizenship, social security and all that, then after the war was won, the refused to deliver and then threw them away, this action started the 'wet back' movement, where all the children and family of those people crossed to the us to get a hold of what they were promised back then, and take it from there, it all turned into a movement of 'lets get back California because it was originally a Mexican state but some president sold it for the cheap" and all that. And now you have the latino movement all around.

That's that.

As for this, yeah that little rodent should have had some respect and at least fly them together at the same level, not go into a different country and fly a flag that he probably has never seen on its real country above the one on the country he's at.

But anyway, seeing how he runs into the store just makes it even funnier, he should schedule a trip to the real Mexico to stop the stupidity once and for all, all Mexicans or born out of should do it at least once, then things would be a bit different.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

If I were him I would have drenched the Mexican flag in lighter fluid and you get the idea.

Whoever bashes this guy for his actions really should evaluate if they should be living here in the USA. Yeah he did take property but you gotta understand he is veteran he had sacrificed and bled so you and me can live our lives in safety and thank him we are still speaking English ... For now. But people are over looking the fact and calling him a jerk wow. I tell ya people don't appreciate how much they got it made like bunch of spoiled brats. Like that Mexican fella really valued the flag at all, he put it below the Mexican flag. Maybe he is just ignorant and does not understand our customs fair nuff. Maybe the vet should have just told him to change the flags around and maybe he would. Still though it was justified. I hope some of you people bashing away can find someone much more worthy of name calling than a vet standing up for what he believes in.

edit on 8-3-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Doesn't look like Mr. Tough Guy, claiming to be a veteran, was handling the US flag very respectfully either. One does not wad up the US flag like that if one claims to be showing it respect.

As for laws about what flag should be on top or to the right or left of other flags, yes there is protocol, but their is also something called the First Amendment of the US constitution, which ensures the free speech of one and all. This guy with the knife impinged on the freedom of speech of the taqueria that had chosen to hoist the Mexican flag about the US flag. Flag burning is also considered free speech. Some use Old Glory as TP if he wants to in order to make a point. It's protected speech.

Mr. Oorah with the wannabe ZZ-Top beard was the one being unpatriotic by denying someone else their free speech.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Maaaaayn. Some people get pissed off waaaay to easily...It's only a coloured piece of cloth.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'm not going to go all 'Merica! on everyone, but yeah, the store owner/manager, or employee, was indeed not going by proper flag etiquette. The U.S. flag should always be flown at the top. He probably over reacted a bit though if you ask me.

Maybe the man had no idea there was a specific way, even if it seems a little obvious to do so. Though pleading ignorance probably won't make yourself look any better.

And I will say on a side note, that a lot of people these days go about saying "I'm Irish" or "I'm Italian" or any other national creed for that matter, usually proudly. Or even that ridiculous "politically correct" bogus "African American" or "Asian American" and so on.

If you were born in this country, then you are American. No matter what. If you were born in another country you will then be Canadian American, or Mexican American. (Cut and paste your original country name and then side it in front of the word "American.") Even if you visit another country every now and again, you will still be only an American. Unless you took legal citizenship in that other country.

Why take pride and happiness in something you aren't even physically apart of? You aren't contributing to its society. You don't have legal permission to live or residence in that country. You don't pay taxes to that country. Hell, chances are even your language is no where near theirs. And chances are, you have no idea of their full customs and policies. Your being happy for something and practically stabbing it in the back at the same time.

Just be American. America should be your first flag and your first choice if your're apart of us. And if you aren't an American, then I give you the honor to fly whatever your flag is above mine in your country.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

crazyewok
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Still doesnt excuse the Vet tresspassing and destroying ones property.

Being a vet does not excuse you from tresspasing and property laws.

No, then again a man starving to death who steals a loaf of bread also committed a crime. Your reasoning displays extremely low level moral reasoning.

Strawman

Your e xample is life and death

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Nyiah, I do not normally say much in here. However, this time I will do so. There is such a thing as Flag etiquette. You may have OCD and want to put flags in alphabetical order. Thats OK if you use it as an excuse, for being WRONG. Just do not do it in public, where everyone can see your mistakes.

Here are a few of the etiquette rules about PROPERLY flying an American Flag.

1. No other flag should be placed above the flag of the United States or, if on the same level, to its right.

2. The United Nations flag may not be displayed above or in a position of superior prominence to the United States flag except at United Nations Headquarters.

3. The flag displayed with another against a wall, from crossed staffs, should be on the right (the flag's own right), and its staff should be in front of the other staff.

4. It should be at the center and the highest point when displayed with a group of state flags.

5. When flags of states, cities, etc., are flown on the same halyard, the United States flag should be at the peak.

6. When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height, and the flag of the United States should be hoisted first and lowered last.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

HanzHenry

Nyiah
What a jerk. I don't care what any proper "etiquette" is for flags being flown, if I had flags of multiple countries and wanted to string 'em up, I'd do it alphabetically top to bottom because I'm OCD like that. If that blowhard had touched mine, I'd have put him in the hospital for destruction of MY property. And sent him the bill to pay for new ones.

anybody puts a flag over an American flag, I will put them in the hospital for attempting to put ME in the hospital.

I am PTSD like that.

6'2" 245lb former Marine and bare knuckle unlimited weight class first place winner 4 times.

The American FLAG is the PRIME flag of our nation. It is an ASSAULT to put a flag above it, an assault on our nation.

Perhaps you need to learn what flags are and stand for.

And i see somebody will end up in jail for assualt

Silly americans always wanting to use violence to solve there problems

Yes its disrepctful but you take it through proper channles if illegal, you dont take the law into your own hands unlesd its life and death.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

spirited75
reply to post by Nyiah

so you would have put an army vet in the hospital?

doubt that.

Gun + property invasion = 1 dead vet with legal cause

Why you should never take the law into your own hands

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Xtrozero

PsykoOps

Americans would call it the flag but someone from another nation would just call it a flag.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Xtrozero

PsykoOps

Flying The Flag upside down is not disrespectful...it is a sign of distress..

You know it happens to be our flag...do you mind if we treat it the way we want to?

There are rules as to how the flag is to be handled and the dummy in the video didn't follow any of them. He disgraced the flag even more than the person flying the Mexican flag. One does not wad the flag up like it paper towel also he should have been placed under arrest for stealing another persons property.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Mianeye
What happened to go tell the owner that he is doing it wrong in a diplomatic way, this is the typical american way of doing things.

Invade, destroy be glorious and victorious and show you are not happy with how things are done if it's not done your way, then show it on the National news so every US citizen can chant "USA" justifying the action

Exactly right.

This video sums up everything wrong with America and why the world has the opinion it does of america.
Anyone who has supported this guys actions and thinks what he did was great, is everything that is wrong with america.
The man and his supporters are an absolute disgrace.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
In Scotland we call the Union Jack "The Butchers Apron". well I do.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join