It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

csulli456
reply to post by crazyewok

Not sure where you are checking but you need to re-check.

Say what you want but it is more than disrespectful to fly another flag above the American flag on American soil.

Again - freedom of speech or freedom of expression is one thing but being disrespectful on purpose is another.

If you had the freedom to do anything you wanted you could fly a picture of a big penis outside your house on a flag that says "inquire within"- but you can't - not legally anyway.
edit on 3/7/2014 by csulli456 because: spelled "penis" incorrectly because I usually use a different term not allowed to be used on this site and I do not want to be disrespectful of ATS T&C

It is disrespectable to fly any sovereign nations flag higher than another sovereign nations. Unfortunately, the mouth breathers chanting USA, USA don't understand this, and I defended this nation for many years. Keyboard patriots piss me off.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

so you would have put an army vet in the hospital?

doubt that.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

csulli456

Say what you want but it is more than disrespectful to fly another flag above the American flag on American soil.

Again - freedom of speech or freedom of expression is one thing but being disrespectful on purpose is another.

If you had the freedom to do anything you wanted you could fly a picture of a big penis outside your house on a flag that says "inquire within"- but you can't - not legally anyway.
edit on 3/7/2014 by csulli456 because: spelled "penis" incorrectly because I usually use a different term not allowed to be used on this site and I do not want to be disrespectful of ATS T&C

It is disrespectable to fly any sovereign nations flag higher than another sovereign nations. Unfortunately, the mouth breathers chanting USA, USA don't understand this, and I defended this nation for many years. Keyboard patriots piss me off.

I know of another guy who let anger eat him alive. Cost this old boy named chris his life. :/

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Atrax72
reply to post by kx12x

As you said, if Mexico is so great, why come here? I wonder what would happen if America instituted the same border enforcement on OUR southern border, as Mexico has on theirs? Oh wait, cant do that, its RACIST! >

michellemalkin.com...

If America is so #ty? Why stay here?

You know, the... one of things about our country is more or less representing everything we believe in. We cant be the example of Freedom, that beacon if we lose those values that make people want to come here, who then later defend that flag like you guys.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Nephalim

BubbaJoe

csulli456

I know of another guy who let anger eat him alive. Cost this old boy named chris his life. :/

I honestly have a lot of anger about what this country is turning into. I don't let anger eat me alive, the things I can do something about, I do, the rest of it, well, yeah my keyboard fingers work too. I struggle day to day to pay my bills, and take care of my family, if someone can honestly tell me that tax breaks for rich will help me do that, I might listen to them.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Nephalim

Atrax72
reply to post by kx12x

As you said, if Mexico is so great, why come here? I wonder what would happen if America instituted the same border enforcement on OUR southern border, as Mexico has on theirs? Oh wait, cant do that, its RACIST! >

michellemalkin.com...

You know, the... one of things about our country is more or less representing everything we believe in. We cant be the example of Freedom, that beacon if we lose those values that make people want to come here, who then later defend that flag like you guys.

You know one of the most amazing things about the arguments against Mexicans, I know several that hold their land from Spanish land grants dated before the USA ever existed. Amazing thing, in some parts of this country, they have been here far longer than any of your European ancestors, even mine, and mine have been here since 1621.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Yea some of them are glued in here aren't they
Those people have children who serve and have served as well.
Others didnt have property, or lost property and cant get it back. Some of us may be sittin on it. O.o who knows...Ive heard of some folks tracing their roots back to the ships. Not much I can do about it. Lots of ships came here.

I have no interest in "new atzlan" or "New Spain" or any other state but the fifty we already have,
But I can look out for all you folks here now. Today. White, black, Mexican green blue, christian, jew, hindu, muslim... you're all my tribe. heh

I just cant let you all go bat# crazy over out right ignorance which is probably what happened with those folks in the video. lol
edit on 7-3-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Nyiah

whyamIhere
If you fought for that flag you might feel different.

The beautiful thing about is that flag gives you the Freedom to be dead wrong.

And serving doesn't give you the right to destroy property because you don't like it. I have no particular attachment to flags in general, and the odds of me flying any in reality are very low. But my point still stands, if you destroy my property because you have issues with it, it crosses a line and I won't tolerate it.

If you fly any other flag in America above the American flag, you have already crossed the line...And there are quite a few millions of us who have issues with that and will not tolerate that...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Great! Just what we need. Another false flag thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Good for him. This insidious subversion needs to be addressed.
I like the way he addressed this behavior rapidly and honorably.

Enough is enough.

As much as the "globalists" like to demoralize populations,
they will find their efforts will not come to fruition here.
S&F

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Huh... 2007 video and none since? Lesson learned...

Disrespecting the flag by flying another nation's above is just asking to get called out.
edit on 8-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

LadySkadi
Huh... 2007 video and none since? Lesson learned...
edit on 7-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

I guess it was reposted today when the District Court Ruling came in.

You know, the ruling saying it was too offensive to wear an American Flag T-Shirt.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

csulli456

Calm down there Bubba and maybe go back and do some re-reading before you jump to assumptions and make accusations.

Thank you for your service and defense of our nation.

I have no problem with Mexicans or any other ethnic group for that matter.

I have worked with and befriended many Mexicans in the past and can truly say they are a hardworking God loving people who want what any good and decent people want. We are all the same.

I posted in this thread to say that to beat up this old guy for what he did would be wrong and would just catch the perpetrator a good ass whoopin.

Just because I show my patriotism through my keyboard on this thread doesn't deserve me a label.

If you re-read some of my posts maybe you will better understand my points of view.

This old guy has passion and I believe him to be honorable and respectful and whether he was completely right or wrong in the eyes of others means nothing to what is in his heart and for that I would stand by him or you for that matter.

It is all about intentions - not just all about actions. He didn't curse no one out or call anyone names - He didn't raise a hand in anger to another man. He showed his passion for his beliefs and what the flag represents to him.

I have always been a patriot no matter how I feel about our different government individuals and what they may or may not do. I believe the flag represents something of significance to me - freedom and liberty no matter who may be at the controls in our land. I have never heard that to raise our American flag above another nation's flag on American soil would be a sign of disrespect. I have however known since my childhood as I was taught in school that no flag shall be raised higher then our American flag when flown on American soil.

Anyone that should threaten this old guy who not only represents a dying generation but a man who gave his service should be ashamed of themselves for the very thought.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

Nephalim

Atrax72
reply to post by kx12x

michellemalkin.com...

You know one of the most amazing things about the arguments against Mexicans, I know several that hold their land from Spanish land grants dated before the USA ever existed. Amazing thing, in some parts of this country, they have been here far longer than any of your European ancestors, even mine, and mine have been here since 1621.

that maybe so, but when mexico lost the war fair and square and got paid for what they ceded over and signed the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. and got out of the debt that they owed for damages to private U.S. citizens. the U.S. government made sure that former land owners under the Mexician govt, got to keep their land. and before anyone says that the U.S. out matched mexico, and took the land. they were as well armed and trained as the U. S. some sources others say they were rag tagged, hell their navy was a fleet they bought from the U.S. to kick spain out. now we did out number them by about 25,000. but they were battled hardend after fighting spain and texas before the U.S.. at the end of the war they had lost only 3000 more than we did.

U.S. left .

*NOTE: Some short-term enlistees (3 and 6 months volunteers), after being mustered out, re-enlisted for 12 months or the duration of the war and thus may have been counted twice in the above statistics.

The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo specified the major consequence of the war: the forced Mexican Cession of the territories of Alta California and New Mexico to the United States in exchange for $15 million. In addition, the United States assumed $3.25 million of debt owed by the Mexican government to U.S. citizens. Mexico accepted the loss of Texas and thereafter cited the Rio Grande as its national border.

Prior to ratifying the treaty, the U.S. Senate made two modifications: changing the wording of Article IX (which guaranteed Mexicans living in the purchased territories the right to become U.S. citizens) and striking out Article X (which conceded the legitimacy of land grants made by the Mexican government). On May 26, 1848, when the two countries exchanged ratifications of the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, they further agreed to a three-article protocol (known as the Protocol of Querétaro) to explain the amendments. The first article claimed that the original Article IX of the treaty, although replaced by Article III of the Treaty of Louisiana, would still confer the rights delineated in Article IX. The second article confirmed the legitimacy of land grants under Mexican law.[61] The protocol was signed in the city of Querétaro by A. H. Sevier, Nathan Clifford, and Luis de la Rosa.[61] Mexican–American War

so all living in the ceded land , were given the right to become U.S. citizens, and land owners got the right to become U.S. citizens plus got to keep their land.
the U.S. senate went out of their way to make sure this happened. they weren't booted out,which as the owners of newly purchased land could have done. that makes them U.S.citizens if they wanted to be, not a Mexican citizen.
mexicans that come here now that want to take back what their ancestors sold, saying we stole it. well that's something i just can't condone.

if you became a U.S. citizen and made this your home as far as i concerned, your a U.S citizen and not a citizen of the place you came from.
edit on 7-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: i failed to mention that between the war with texas and the U.S. mexico did indeed suffer from losses in the ranks of their military,and that there was a lot of internal strife and the Indians put a pretty good whippin on them for a few years.

edit on 7-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Meh, I don't care anymore. These pc ding-dongs are gonna be the first to float to the top when shtf and reality sets in. At that point we'll take back our western lands and ways of life, and have new flags. They cry the hardest on the internet and they'll certainly cry the hardest when their little utopian dream becomes a nightmare.

Just sit back and allow what's going to happen to happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Iscool

Nyiah

whyamIhere
If you fought for that flag you might feel different.

The beautiful thing about is that flag gives you the Freedom to be dead wrong.

And serving doesn't give you the right to destroy property because you don't like it. I have no particular attachment to flags in general, and the odds of me flying any in reality are very low. But my point still stands, if you destroy my property because you have issues with it, it crosses a line and I won't tolerate it.

If you fly any other flag in America above the American flag, you have already crossed the line...And there are quite a few millions of us who have issues with that and will not tolerate that...

Exactly. Frankly, I'm angry that he didn't burn the f'ers business down as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Res Ipsa
a couple of you get it..aliensun/cosmic.......I could tell from the video that the owner didn't understand he did something wrong and once again a self righteous American decides to go all John Wayne rather than talk to the owner. It was a complete act of cowardliness. Because confronting the store owner would have taken too much effort, too much of an open mind. NO SIR...we love to jump to conclusions and act first and then expect praise for our Jerry Springer act.
I took an oath to protect the Constitution of the United States so don't call me some pinko or hippy green peace love sit in guy.
But I have a brain and saw that the guy had no clue about what he did wrong...wait...I didn't either...I am an attorney and had no idea about how we should or shouldn't fly our flag?! Well draw and quarter my dumb arse and tell me to go back to where..let me see...where my grandparents came from, Norway or Sweden or Scotland or England..that about covers my orgin.

If you applaud this guys action....you might be a Redneck or worse. Just don't go into politics or travel abroad. You just stay here and protect our great land from...from...the space aliens that are uh coming.

By the way....I would like to see a post from someone that knows all the laws we are held responsible to know...or admit that those people that have studied and passed the citizenship test know a helluva lot more about our Country then 95% of graduating high school students and 50% of college grads....Man, I have a special place in my bile duct for those that were born here, done nothing but beatch about illegals, the government, no easy jobs for their level of competence, who think the movie Idiocracy is a documentary based on their future value to all mankind....Stop hitting people over the head with our flag...Stop making other people hate us through your blinding bright hypocrisy......what hypocrisy for an example??? How about where someone posted that the Flag stands for Freedom!........So they were all supportive that ZZtop took it down...Uh...I see Irony but not hypocrisy.....

This is a learning opportunity for some of you.....cowards have behaved like this throughout history...just ask people like MLK...if you were able that is.

I don't entirely blame this Vet either because he is not entirely sane and no doubt thought he was completely justified in his actions and it made him feel all patriotic......that doesn't mean the sane and rational and mature should condone it....

It's a good thing people like you, rational, sane people who don't use patriotism as an excuse for everything, make up a majority of America. Just cause you're a vet does not give you the right to do what you want. All these so called patriots claiming they must have unlimited access to guns so they can defend the country against the government, but I see no revolution. Rather sit at home and be keyboard warriors while people in Ukraine and across the world get # done with protests, without guns, that's a revolution. Ugh, and people wonder why people hate the States.
edit on 8-3-2014 by LogicalPhilosophy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The owner in this case may have not understood what he did, hell he most likely didn't speak much English either, but in many situations it is a statement of those who live here and feel that Mexico is their country. Because of this I can see why a person might go overboard as to what we might typically consider the right way to deal with it. I guess for those who actually live in the different parts of the country where this is more prevalent would be able to speak better on the situations they see on a regular bases.

edit on 8-3-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

LogicalPhilosophy
Rather sit at home and be keyboard warriors while people in Ukraine and across the world get # done with protests, without guns, that's a revolution. Ugh, and people wonder why people hate the States.

Hehe, go to Mexico and wave the American flag around...see what that gets ya....

edit on 8-3-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Leave it to an american to go full retard over a flag. And why is this on posse comitatus anyway?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join