It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

It's against federal law. I posted the law. It's there.
It's a real law, no matter how much the anti-American bigots try to say otherwise.

Both people broke laws.
Both didn't use common sense.
The Mexican flag flyer was obnoxious.
The Vet didn't' show restraint and didn't go about getting the Mexican flag taken down the right way.

Some basic kindergarden rules - play nice - were forgotten by them.
(And have obviously been forgotten by a few posters here)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Accuse one of something they are not then set out to argue against it and declare a bogus victory over it. Insinuating, assumptions and implying are all signs of weakness in ones argument, no matter how much or falsely popular they'd like others to believe it is.

Welcome to the 1 rst grade

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

blupblup
The store/business owner broke no laws and was flying the US and Mexican flags with pride.

You are wrong. He broke the law.
And he put the Mexican flag in higher order over the US flag which is disrespectful.
You ARE giving him a free pass if you don't acknowledge these two things.

BOTH broke the law. BOTH didn't act appropriately.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
AGAIN I ASK -

blupblup
Much like your utterly retarded flag law.

"YOUR utterly retarded flag law" Does this mean you aren't an American? If you are an American, it's your law too. If you aren't an American, then what the hell does it matter to you ... you don't live here.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He didn't break a law because you can't break unenforcable laws. If he had, then the authorities would have acted when they were informed of the guy flying the flags the way he did.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yes, they were both wrong in their actions.

He is saying the bar owner was just expressing his love of Mexico.

No problem.

But please do it with respect to the Nation that gave you so much.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

In October of 2007, I was listening to local radio station KOH 780 AM and was alarmed as I heard a listener who had called in to say that at a local bar a mexican flag was flying over an American flag. She stated that the bar owner had been asked by several people to take it down and he refused, then went on to say that no one had the guts to do anything about it.

It was on the radio that he was ask several times...

Jimbroussard.com

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Again, it doesn't matter how many times or how politely he was asked, he was not obligated to comply.

Just a couple of pages back you posted "Isn't part of being Free learning to tolerate people and things we disagree with?". Is that applied selectively?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

daskakik
He didn't break a law because you can't break unenforcable laws.

Yes, you can break an unenforceable law. It's still a law. It was still broken.
It's just that nothing can be done about it.
And even without being able to do anything about it, it was still disrespectful to do it.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

daskakik
Again, it doesn't matter how many times or how politely he was asked, he was not obligated to comply.

Correct. Which was why I said the vet should have handled it differently. He should have made a fuss about it. If the person was so obnoxious and disrespectful to continue to break the law and thumb their nose at the United States by putting Mexico first, then the vet should have gone to the press ... and should have made sure everyone knew about it ... and asked people to boycott until the flag owner showed more respect and followed the federal law - enforceable or not.

The flag owner wasn't OBLIGATED to comply .. but basic common sense and respect means he should have.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

whyamIhere

In October of 2007, I was listening to local radio station KOH 780 AM and was alarmed as I heard a listener who had called in to say that at a local bar a mexican flag was flying over an American flag. She stated that the bar owner had been asked by several people to take it down and he refused, then went on to say that no one had the guts to do anything about it.

It was on the radio that he was ask several times...

Jimbroussard.com

You're still missing the point.
The Vet is STILL the source, he can say anything, he could say that moon people also asked for the flag to be removed, does not mean it really happened.
Him saying he heard on the radio and some woman saying this and that is just hearsay.

Either way, as blupblup said, this thread has gone on too long already, we can all agree to disagree and Brits and unaffected Americans can have their opinion and flag wavers and anti-immigration folks have their views.

I'd say 40 pages of this crap is enough

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No, the decision handed down by the SCOTUS nullifies the law even if it is not stricken from the books.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

daskakik

Just a couple of pages back you posted "Isn't part of being Free learning to tolerate people and things we disagree with?". Is that applied selectively?

No...He does not have to comply. If he is a citizen he has that right.

He does however risk the ire of somebody who may not be as reasonable as we are.

I would not of done it. I would of ask the bar owner to kindly comply.

He certainly does not have too.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

stargatetravels

Either way, as blupblup said, this thread has gone on too long already,

Then stop posting, replying and bumping said thread. And who are you or blupblup anyway?

The self righteous self declared ATS moral Police?
edit on 12-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

stargatetravels
flag wavers and anti-immigration folks have their views.

You assume too much. It's not anti-immigration to expect people to be respectful in this country. It's not anti-immigration to expect people to be here legally and to follow the laws of the land. I am in favor of legal immigration ... my father in law and my daughter are both from outside this country but came here legally. My next door neighbor is here legally. My backyard neighbors are all here legally. I'm all for it. Just because we expect a person to show respect for the laws and customs of this country doesn't mean we are anti-immigration.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

4789 posts and you never started a thread...

I find that fascinating.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

daskakik
No, the decision handed down by the SCOTUS nullifies the law even if it is not stricken from the books.

No, the decision handed down by the SCOTUS keeps the law but makes it unenforceable.
That's NOT the same as removing the law.

Bottom line - Both the flag owner and the vet didn't behave as they should have.
The flag owner broke the law and was obnoxious and disrespectful.
The vet broke the law and should have gone about things in a different way.

If the flag owner had been respectful, none of this would have happened.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1001213/pg38#pid17649post by SLAYER69[/url]

I'm a poster on a website, who are you?
It's not about moral police it's the rehashing of the same argument, page after page of the same tired posts.
If you want to keep chest beating then carry on.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I didn't say removed, I said nullifies.

No, the bar owner acted within the law even if some don't think it was right.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

That's why I said two groups, flag wavers AND also anti immigration.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join