It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

At least they did have a U.S. flag, though.

Looks to me like they flew the US flag on the bottom as an insult. They got the exact response they deserved and I'm glad the veteran remedied the situation.

Bravo! Nice video.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hes got my vote?

Whens he running?

*Nothing against Mexicans, just follow proper flag etiquette in THIS country etc etc etc yadda yadda blah blah blah so on and so forth...
edit on 7-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
To all you guys saying he didn't know...there was a f$€#in camera crew there and it had been posted multiple times on Craigslist...you think that guy was the first to show up there??? You guys did see the owners standing right there. They knew but probably figured it wasn't gonna be that big of a deal. They got what they deserved which was the loss of a flag they didn't respect.

Also wanna add...I've lived down by the boarder and been in plenty of places where the Hispanic population comes here looking for money to send home and other than that could give two damns about the country. Just sayin it seems pretty obvious here.
edit on 7-3-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Yes indeed, ignorance is rampant as you have shown through your small little perception on this subject. Open your mind just a litle bit wider and understand the intellect you carry within - it is there - everyone has this ability.

One may hold an allegiance to the flag as it represents something of great importance to them and at the same time may not agree with everything about one's current government.

Americans have the right to complain about anything they want (thanks to those who have served) - It does not mean that their flag does not represent something of significance to them - something different than one's immediate views on the currnet state of affairs.

Everyone needs to see and understand the bigger picture and not hypothesize that one viewpoint means many. Assumptions are all to frequent in today's societies as there is so much going on at any given time and we sometimes forget to take a minute to absorb it all in.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

RickyD
To all you guys saying he didn't know...there was a f$€#in camera crew there and it had been posted multiple times on Craigslist...you think that guy was the first to show up there??? You guys did see the owners standing right there. They knew but probably figured it wasn't gonna be that big of a deal. They got what they deserved which was the loss of a flag they didn't respect.

Also wanna add...I've lived down by the boarder and been in plenty of places where the Hispanic population comes here looking for money to send home and other than that could give two damns about the country. Just sayin it seems pretty obvious here.
edit on 7-3-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

It only takes a one person to make up this camera crew and most of us don't use Craigslist for our news so I'm still willing to bet they didn't know.

edit on 7-3-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: cna't splel

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
1. What they were doing (flying another flag above the American flag) is illegal.

2. Can't tell from just watching the video if the people doing this were aware of number 1

3. Probably won't ever know the truth about number 2 now.

4. Can't tell from just watching the video if anyone bothered to tell them and give them a chance to change up the order.

5. Also can't tell from the video if the man who took the flag ever bothered speaking to them or just got all dramatic.

6 Seems to me like what the man did was theft and also maybe staged for the cameras. Couldn't tell what he did with their flag.

7. Even if the people flying the flags wrong were being stubborn, there was probably a better way to handle it.

Drama just begets more drama.

edit on 3/7/2014 by ~Lucidity because: Fixed typo

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
im a vet myself and i would like to make one comment in the defense of the mexicans.....most americans dont even know proper flag etiquette....in fact after 9/11 there were dozens of flags being bought and improperly displayed. I just want to throw out that it is possible these guys just didn't know better....and their ignorance may have been the issue not that they were intentionally belittling America.

When I first joined the military I used run my long runs carrying a little flag...in the old school workout uniform for the army "pt shorts".... there was a little pocket that I would stick a flag into. So Id say I have been pretty patriotic over my life but the fact is...its a #ing flag....made of material....I could think of 2000 things the government has done to piss me off a hell of alot more than some ignorant foreigners flying their flags in the wrong order...the saddest part about all this is they probably have no clue what just happened hahaha.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
I'm still willing to bet they didn't know.

They sure as hell got the message loud and clear now eh?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

SLAYER69

TheLieWeLive
I'm still willing to bet they didn't know.

They sure as hell got the message loud and clear now eh?

Perhaps not. Why would they if no one bothered to explain it to them?

The people standing around looked a little bewildered to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Awesome, now fix the rest of America!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wow that level of nationalism is impressive .

Personally I could care less whos flag above whos.

But then I guess I come from a mind set of respect for people not a flag or a country and the attitude of being number one above all .

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I stand behind what this man did. Our flag was being disrespected as well as our country.

I lived in another country for 2yrs, I can't even imagine placing anything US related over the culture and traditions of the country I was living in. Commonsense would tell me if I wanted the US so bad, then I should go back there rather than inforce my country's views, religion or culture on another.

To the poster that called my ATS family hypocrits let me tell you some truth. Yes many of us here do not like the state of things/politics in our country, but we do not hate or want to abandon our country, we want to make it better. If foriegners want to join us cool, but if you want to make our country reflect your country you can leave if you don't like our ways. It's called respect.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Nyiah
What a jerk. I don't care what any proper "etiquette" is for flags being flown, if I had flags of multiple countries and wanted to string 'em up, I'd do it alphabetically top to bottom because I'm OCD like that. If that blowhard had touched mine, I'd have put him in the hospital for destruction of MY property. And sent him the bill to pay for new ones.

Exactly last time I checked you had the 1st which means you can display what you like.

Last time i checked you dont have a amendment that cover destruction of ones private property....

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Heh, shunds like a pissing contest thus far.
I am curious to know a Native Americans point of view on this issue !

Here's how i feel about it

Gadsden Flagg
American flagg

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I'd be willing to say that most Americans that would bother to take the time to fly an American flag in a foreign country would also take the time to not be disrespectful of another nations flag and fly them both appropriately in accordance with the host nation's customs.

To the Op's video, I would have cut down the Mexican flag and left Old Glory flying.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
P.S. This has happened before. Probably more than a few times.

Angry Vet Cuts Down Mexican Flag, Steals American Flag From Business - FoxNews Calls Him A Patriot

I think this and the one above are from October 2007: Same Dude

I think it was the same person. Broussard. This seems to be a seven year old story.

Posted on ATS in 2007. Reno Veteran Cuts Down American Flag

Here's his website: Link
edit on 3/7/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

whyamIhere

If you fought for that flag you might feel different.

The beautiful thing about is that flag gives you the Freedom to be dead wrong.

Err no the US constitution gives her that right, not a rag on a stick.

Anyway still failing to see the bit of the consitution that allows one to destroy private property just cause your a "vet". I can see a amendment that keeps serving men OFF private property.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Thats true but some times people are that stupid and not think of that ..

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I wasn't making a case that it is legal.

I am making the case it is awesome.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Not sure where you are checking but you need to re-check.

Say what you want but it is more than disrespectful to fly another flag above the American flag on American soil.

Again - freedom of speech or freedom of expression is one thing but being disrespectful on purpose is another.

If you had the freedom to do anything you wanted you could fly a picture of a big penis outside your house on a flag that says "inquire within"- but you can't - not legally anyway.
edit on 3/7/2014 by csulli456 because: spelled "penis" incorrectly because I usually use a different term not allowed to be used on this site and I do not want to be disrespectful of ATS T&C

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join