It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Kram09
In other news, veteran beats up group of Mexicans for no reason. Americans applaud.

The guy served for less than a year then was most likely dishonorably discharged.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Or wounded.

Don't make assumptions.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Speaking of "improper flag flying" and "proud American patriotism" and "breaking federal laws" and "disrespecting someone's national flag" and "being hypocritical" and....

Anyone care to explain why Americans plaster my Canadian flag all over their backpacks and suitcases when they travel abroad ?!

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by muse7

Or wounded.

Don't make assumptions.

Vince Bartholomay
October 14, 2007 at 9:02 am

In reference to the Broussard flag cutting incident, I have known Jim for over 30 years, I agree his actions of cutting the flags down was redneck style. But allow me to clear up this veteran part of his story. Jim didn’t serve out his hitch in the seventies, he was released early for reasons he knows. As a Vietnam veteran,I find it less than amusing for him to be referred to as an army vet. He is an Army vet only in the loosest sense of the phrase, he washed out of the service to his country in a year or less. The news services had a field day with this story, but as usual, some of the facts were muddled. I’ve seen some reports that call Jim a Viet Nam vet, why Jim hasn’t taken the time to correct this Veteran farce is what is pisssin’ me off.

Vince Bartholomay
Vietnam 1/69-8/70

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Hmm a fake vet
Yuck

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Maaaaayn. Some people get pissed off waaaay to easily...It's only a coloured piece of cloth.

And flipping the bird is just a finger that no one likes?

It's called symbolism.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I imagine that you are a proud member of the NRA....so you of all people should know how irrelevant your size or ability to hand to hand combat is...any 18 year old cheerleader could take you out with her daddy's 2nd amendment toy...can't have it both ways my friend is what I'm saying.....don't brag about your size and strength when a 2oz piece of lead can make that moot....
and dying for a piece of cloth is retarded by the way...

(post by muse7 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

eNumbra
This story is almost 7 years old now.

Not sure if anyone pointed it out, as I'm not going to read 10 pages of people arguing that "it's only a flag".

How often do people apologize for their ignorance in a thread? I apologize! This story is 7 years old!!!
I didn't bother to look up anything myself...I just responded to this stuff as if it was going on right now...I was right and the owner didn't know what he was doing was wrong...he thought he was expressing his first amendment right...more than 10 pages talking about this? and I was a part of it!? really makes me feel foolish......(hey moderator...shhhh..just between you and me...could you remove all my posts on this thread...even if you have to make it a T&C violation...in fact it should be a violation because I was too stupid and lazy to have vetted this thread in the first place...I have some cred. I would like to keep.)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Res Ipsa

I imagine that you are a proud member of the NRA....so you of all people should know how irrelevant your size or ability to hand to hand combat is...any 18 year old cheerleader could take you out with her daddy's 2nd amendment toy...can't have it both ways my friend is what I'm saying.....don't brag about your size and strength when a 2oz piece of lead can make that moot....
and dying for a piece of cloth is retarded by the way...

Don't forget about us older people too, even though I'm big, 280 6'5", I would much rather do my fighting at about the 30 foot range...hehe

(post by 2ndthought removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

That Man is a TRUE American ! ..................Nuff Said .

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Res Ipsa

How often do people apologize for their ignorance in a thread? I apologize! This story is 7 years old!!!
I didn't bother to look up anything myself...I just responded to this stuff as if it was going on right now...I was right and the owner didn't know what he was doing was wrong...he thought he was expressing his first amendment right...more than 10 pages talking about this? and I was a part of it!? really makes me feel foolish......(hey moderator...shhhh..just between you and me...could you remove all my posts on this thread...even if you have to make it a T&C violation...in fact it should be a violation because I was too stupid and lazy to have vetted this thread in the first place...I have some cred. I would like to keep.)

I wonder what the ZZ Top guy looks like now, he wasn't looking too good back then...LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Sorry it being you're property don't mean Jack. If you're going to live in this country you have to respect this country.

I'd cut down your flag if you flew it above ours in this country too or if you flew it upside down etc. ..

Good luck putting me in the hospital. Lol...

Jaden
edit on 8-3-2014 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Masterjaden

Sorry it being you're property don't mean Jack.

The law would argue otherwise

Masterjaden

Good luck putting me in the hospital. Lol...

Again unless you can dodge bullets, the second amendment would argue with that too.
edit on 8-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

2ndthought

Nyiah
What a jerk. I don't care what any proper "etiquette" is for flags being flown, if I had flags of multiple countries and wanted to string 'em up, I'd do it alphabetically top to bottom because I'm OCD like that. If that blowhard had touched mine, I'd have put him in the hospital for destruction of MY property. And sent him the bill to pay for new ones.

And I and many others like me would put you in the bed next to him. If you were lucky enough to JUST go to the hospital, and not to a more permanent resting place.

Right. So, let's get this straight...

In America, "Land of the free" and all that. Nyiah's flag is flying above a US flag, or had multiple flags of other countries flying, Someone of weak morale constructs decides to cut the non-US ones down and essentially damage his *personal property*, AND Nyiah tried to stop them from damaging his property. You, 2ndthought, would kill him.

What is wrong with you? No, again. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??

WHAT the f**k is wrong with you people??! Christ, it seems like you Americans WANT any excuse to kill each another.

edit on 8-3-2014 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Patriotism and nationalism are transitory and arbitrary. Perhaps you are right.

But, then, so are "people" and especially their "rights" transitory and definitely arbitrary.....

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

What is wrong with me is that I'm sick and freakin tired of people jumping a fence and invading MY country, then telling me that I have to acquiesce to THEIR demands. And then have to listen to the bleeding heart liberals tell me it has to be, all in the name of 'social justice'.

Anyone want to fly the American Flag on American soil in an improper manner, they should expect a bit of ire on my part.

You're as far from the US as you can get. Good for you ... and us.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

2ndthought
reply to post by noonebutme

What is wrong with me is that I'm sick and freakin tired of people jumping a fence and invading MY country, then telling me that I have to acquiesce to THEIR demands.

Congratulations. You can now experience how The Native American Indians feel and felt.

It's not very nice is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join