It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we hold express carriers' drivers accountable for filing false delivery attempts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Older people came from the depression era where if you had a job better make damn sure you keep it life was tough back then . Everything wasn't spoon feed where everyone wins a trophy . I used to be a slacker but the older I got reasoning and ethics and self respect became a bigger part of my life and having my 2 kids sure helped . Now it seems I devote myself to work to provide for my stay at home wife and two kids and I am ok with that there is no other way I would want it . Having kids also taught me patience .

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

freedomSlave

Older people came from the depression era where if you had a job better make damn sure you keep it life was tough back then . Everything wasn't spoon feed where everyone wins a trophy . I used to be a slacker but the older I got reasoning and ethics and self respect became a bigger part of my life and having my 2 kids sure helped . Now it seems I devote myself to work to provide for my stay at home wife and two kids and I am ok with that there is no other way I would want it . Having kids also taught me patience .

Then I have respect for what you do and the pride you take in it. My husband works those hours, because I too, am a stay at home mom. I could not ask for a better man to provide for me and our family. There is honor in it and more people should take that kind of pride in their jobs. I was always taught (and I did work for many years, and a time or two since marriage to make ends meet) that you should take the same amount of pride in heading up a Fortune 500 company that you would in making hamburgers for a living... and it's the truth. Any honest work should be treated as such regardless of title.

People have started to fail in seeing that, and therein lies the problem. As people have started taking less pride, others started accepting that it was ok, and in reality it should not be acceptable. It trickles down to everyone.

But much respect to you for doing what you do. It's hard in today's economy to make it work on one paycheck. We have struggled too many times to count, but it is worth it in the end. I hope your wife does indeed appreciate the opportunity so many other wives do not get or do not even want.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Well thank you very kind .

Work ethic is a must in todays world as you mentioned the economy and all , there are going to be more and more people to fill those boots only way to keep a decent job is to work hard and just do whats needs to be done and not cry about it .

I enjoy hearing of people who stay at home with the kids I wish more people would do it no one will love our kids like we do no really cares how kids are raised especially when paycheck is involved but that is a different thread .

I still have some hope for the generation after me to hopefully get the drift but I am cynical

<< 1   >>

join