It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Rape, Pedophilia, and Prostitution ring?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

UNITED NATIONS, Nov 22 (Reuters) - The United Nations is investigating about 150 allegations of sexual abuse by U.N. civilian staff and soldiers in the Congo, some of them recorded on videotape, a senior U.N. official said on Monday.

The accusations include pedophilia, rape and prostitution, said Jane Holl Lute, an assistant secretary-general in the peacekeeping department.

Would someone PLEASE explain why we have not thrown this corrupt excuse for a governing body out of our country and lives? Yet another scandal. How many of these will it take before U.N. apologists see this institution for what it is!

Sorry...need the link here: Link

[edit on 11/24/2004 by MrNice]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Even when we know that is true and UN is guilty of all these accusations, I wonder why everything is coming out now, is like US is really planning the down fall of this organization.

I wonder if US is going to take over UN and make a US version of it.

And again always thought that US had more influences on the decisions of the UN, after all US is the biggest contributor monetarily.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The U.N. has been co-opted by dictatorships from around the world. Once they found that they were the majority vote outside the security council, well, then there were no limits to what these gangsters would try.

What the U.N. does, on a daily basis, makes this just the tip of the iceberg. As scandal after scandal comes to light, we�re going to start taking a good hard look at what we�re supporting in this institution.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The US is the reason there is a UN...we founded it, we fund it, too bad they've gone to sh** now that we're out of it. But I'm not surprised.

What country/countries are those "soldiers" from?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
FRANCE is one of them...big suprise eh?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well Mr. Nice and so US and when all this bad things were happening, how come US did nothing to stop it?

And don't tell me that the US did not know anything about it.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The United Nations is the ultimate affirmative action experiment. Where small non-descript countries try to play equals and coerce larger countries into giving them financial support. Where small starving countries are willing to sell their votes to the highest bidder. Where frequently issues arising out of the Organisation of African Unity is once again rehashed and fought.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Mynaeris

I agree with you, is all about who to coerce into backing who, bribery as always been a way to gain appoval.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well Mr. Nice and so US and when all this bad things were happening, how come US did nothing to stop it?

And don't tell me that the US did not know anything about it.

Well, congress has been trying to force the issue for YEARS by withholding payments to the U.N. in exchange for reforms. The reason you see ANY oversight at all right now is because of United States efforts.

I remember a LOT of liberals screaming bloody murder in the press when this happened. So the effectiveness of our government�s ability to press for meaningful reforms was diminished. Thanks folks!

However, we have only a limited ability to control what the U.N. does. We only have one general vote and one vote on the Security Council. While we have the ability to pressure individual countries on critical votes, we have to preserve that political capital for things that affect us more directly.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gop627
The US is the reason there is a UN...we founded it, we fund it, too bad they've gone to sh** now that we're out of it. But I'm not surprised.

What country/countries are those "soldiers" from?

There are soldiers and staff from 50 countires in Congo but some UN staff from France, Tunisia, Australia and Haiti have been asked to leave because of the allegations.

news.independent.co.uk

Solicitation and even rape occurs whenever there are soldiers around. It doesn't matter what country they are from.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe the U.N. receives a lot of bad press lately because they must be persuaded to rubberstamp a war in iran?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Be prepared,

Every recorded incident of scandal, corruption and mishaps involving the United Nations will surface now that the US is seeking disenfranchisement.

Perhaps the United Nations will turn the tables and surface US corruption/scandals.

Plenty to choose from i guess

new topics

top topics

join