It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden: I raised NSA concerns internally over 10 times before going rogue

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

benrl
Shuts up people that said "Why didn't he follow chain of command" He did, they ignored him.

Snowden deserves a Nobel over Obama any day of the week.

Actually anybody who has ever made the argument that Snowden should have gone through official channels, and that because he didn't he is a criminal if not a traitor should never be listened to EVER AGAIN. They have proven that they don't know what they are talking about, and speak before they know the facts. This obviously includes everybody in the US government, from the President on down.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think the majority of the members of this site would agree with you on that one.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

So at what point should he been allowed to break his oath, without you judging him as a traitor?

If the NSA was randomly killing people, would whistleblowers be traitors as well?

Because the way you put it there isnt much of a difference, unless you say some rights are there to be broken and some arent?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup86

So at what point should he been allowed to break his oath, without you judging him as a traitor?

I was hoping someone would put that question to me. I don't have a ready answer. As memory serves ... Snowden had no out other than to resign in protest. He'd still be bound to non-disclosure for 25 years. The rules have probably changed quite a bit since I left that world ('98).

I wan't you to know that you're tracked onto something I would really like to discuss. There's a vast difference between Snowden (a contractor), a Civil Service employee, and a uniformed service member. We'd have to leave the realm of generalization and get right down to specifics. I have to go to bed now, but maybe someone is willing to give it a shot.

-Cheers

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

That's like being in a den of viper's and telling someone there are snakes everywhere.

Second.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by whatsup86

I was hoping someone would put that question to me. I don't have a ready answer. As memory serves ... Snowden had no out other than to resign in protest. He'd still be bound to non-disclosure for 25 years. The rules have probably changed quite a bit since I left that world ('98).

I wan't you to know that you're tracked onto something I would really like to discuss. There's a vast difference between Snowden (a contractor), a Civil Service employee, and a uniformed service member. We'd have to leave the realm of generalization and get right down to specifics. I have to go to bed now, but maybe someone is willing to give it a shot.

-Cheers

Snowden was trying to help the American people. Normal people like yourself. How can you betray people youre trying to help?

And I dont have to discuss it with you because its very simple for me and most people on this site. If its hard for you youre doing something wrong. Read my questions again and take a different aproach next time.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Snarl

benrl
Shuts up people that said "Why didn't he follow chain of command" He did, they ignored him.

Snowden deserves a Nobel over Obama any day of the week.

Snowden sold out all of us for the benefit of both China and Russia. It's rather naive to not see him for what he is ... a traitor.

And where is he now? All cozied up with Putin. You think the Russian deserves a Peace Prize for his invasion of Ukraine too? LOL
edit on 732014 by Snarl because: autocorrect

of course this is a completely baseless claim, so congrats on that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join