It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to Make a database of my "Watched" movies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Allow me to preface this question with a back story so you, as a reader, do not think I’m a neurotic freak. I’m incredibly organized, and love lists. I find them rather fascinating for some reason. Don’t judge me, please. Now on to the mean and potato, I like to keep a spreadsheet of the movies that I watch followed by the date watched, and a star system. One star either means the movie was terrible, or I could not finish the feature. Two stars means I was not pleased watching the movie, or it just was a poor film. Next, three stars is I liked the movie, but it wasn’t special! Continuing on, four stars represents I enjoyed the movie and probably would watch it again. Concluding, five stars represents that the film is a favorite and would certainly watch the film again! I would like to make a database of the movies while adding the genre so I could easily find the movies and also add in movies I would like to see as I see them advertised. How would one go about constructing this? Any tips?

Thanks for your time!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A quick Google search brought up this:

www.icheckmovies.com...

or you could create a database using your favorite database engine (mySQL, MSAccess, etc) and go from there. Without knowing your level of expertise with computers/database programming/etc I don't know what you are capable of creating, but MSAccess is a relatively easy product to create databases with.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Surely if they are your lists, you would only pick the 5 star ones?

When i look at my dvds, i know what i want to watch, i dont think [if i had a list of stars] that i would bother much with anything i gave a 1 too

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

GMan420
A quick Google search brought up this:

www.icheckmovies.com...

or you could create a database using your favorite database engine (mySQL, MSAccess, etc) and go from there. Without knowing your level of expertise with computers/database programming/etc I don't know what you are capable of creating, but MSAccess is a relatively easy product to create databases with.

I'll check that site out, thank you!

I was in PC Repair for many years, and even started college for it, but just recently changed my major for Mechatronics Engineering. I've only used Access maybe three or four times in class though -- I couldn't ever grasp how to use it, embarrassingly enough.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just ask the NSA-they will have everything you ever watched,googled or got an e-mail from.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Sir, I highly recommend GCStar collections manager, for all your collecting needs. I use it for my comics and games and it's great. I really don't know what I would do without it.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wwe9112

www.mubi.com

As a fellow list lover, this site is GREAT! You have to go past th main screen to mubi social to make your lists. have fun.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for all the help! I do appreciate it and am glad that I'm not the only one who finds lists fascinating. lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wwe9112

Good Question. I also like to save movies but I use a Cloud Backup Solution for saving my data. I suggest you try CLOUDBACKO Data Backup Wizard, it is a best data backup software free.cloudbacko.com... and very fast, secure and easy. You can start backing up right away after logging in with your favorite social media account. You can check this software. Thanks

new topics

top topics

join