It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater troops in Ukraine.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
NM

edit on 7-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

alldaylong
reply to post by boncho

Private Military Companies like Academi are nothing new. The history of these companies go back to 1965. The first one was set up by S.A.S founder Sir David Stirling. It was called " WatchGuard International".
Everything you ever wanted to know about Private Military Companies :-

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh dear, well the modern version. Mercenary work & hired armies indeed dates back to the roman times and before. Actually, it's interesting because war is beginning to head back closer to its roots rather than that silly nationalistic crap we had in WW1 & 2.

edit on 7-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Their history goes back much further than that.

We have tales of dedicated, independent mercenary companies from Alexander the Great (356-323BC). Interestingly enough, many provided the same services, as a modern company, during times of peace.

Only the term 'Private Military Company' is new.

*Damn, beaten to it.*
edit on 7-3-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

SLAYER69
Russia takes Crimea, the rest of the Ukraine goes with the West/Nato?

I think that's how it will play out. Crimea and the Easter part of Ukraine are ethnic Russians anyway.
For them it will be like going backward 25 years.
I can't see this blowing up in to any kind of land war, US can't do anything there anyway.
Putin owns this situation and frankly I trust the man to not turn this in to a conflagration.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
maybe this is the future....complete wars fought by hired mercenaries...russian claims its not their troops in their either....maybe its a new trend that everyone will start doing for every war

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It was said : An increasing number of regional conflicts would be low intensity in the years to come.

*Compared to WW-I and WW-II

Interesting read when one gets the chance...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Agreed. It's done. Except for maybe some local small scale skirmishing and everyone trying to back away slowly and save face.

There is just nothing to leverage for the EU when Russia has all of the natural gas.

I do wonder about these mercenaries though...IMF? Banking Cartels? Oil and Gas Cartels?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

I haven't heard or read much about craft since they were supposed to be at Boston, spoke to a still connected mate, hes of the impression that they do more training services than active missions. Im glad I don't still move in said circles, ive gotta bad feeling about this sh#tstorm. Ive gotta bee in my bonnet now!, I wanna find out who the hell are they, rather than getting involved in an online argument!!

B.V.H

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Asktheanimals

SLAYER69
Russia takes Crimea, the rest of the Ukraine goes with the West/Nato?

I think that's how it will play out. Crimea and the Easter part of Ukraine are ethnic Russians anyway.
For them it will be like going backward 25 years.
I can't see this blowing up in to any kind of land war, US can't do anything there anyway.
Putin owns this situation and frankly I trust the man to not turn this in to a conflagration.

If it doesn't get out of hand in that region it is sure to in others. Russia has been fighting western powers on all fronts and NATO isn't interested in Russia's claim to their former soviet blocs, nor their middle eastern puppets.

On the other hand, western puppets are damn happy they are not western enemies since the west has given a pretty impressive show of force over the last 10 years or so. Can't say it was done morally, or even justifiably, but the west has sure as hell made a statement.

Remember when Russia and Germany both took on allies simply by a show of force, (even though people saw they were verifiably insane.) The west may be verifiably full of ____, but they do have a method to their madness.

Quite possibly we will see this amp up in the next 5 years to a final push for one empire.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWhiteKnight

Okay, never mind. Please disregard my direct, specific question.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just read a piece by Mike Whitney over at Informationclearinghouse www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Mr.Whitney brings into perspective from some history in the Grand Game and how Washington is going to bring about war with Russia . Both sides are between a rock and a hard place and there is no way out .This is not about who will win as much as how bad everyone is going to loose .This wont be a drone war like some might hope for .It probably wont end with nukes either . Sad isn't it .We can scream and cry foul on every side but it's not going to change the direction this is headed . Whitney points out that there were 2 red lines that will not be crossed , Georgia and the Ukraine .Putin just cant allow it ,and wont .I cant say I blame him either .

Well the piece is there to read for any interested but no matter of the outcome of this whole mess ,no one is going to win .

" Putin is not isolating anyone and he’s certainly not taking over anyone’s damned pipeline. He’s the president of Russia. He sells oil and makes money, that’s how the system works. It’s called capitalism. But the oil is theirs. The natural gas is theirs. The pipelines are theirs. Not ours. Get over it!
Don’t kid yourself, it’s all about oil. Oil and power. The United States imperial ambitions are thoroughly marinated in oil, access to oil, and control of oil. Without oil, there’s no empire, no dollar hegemony, no overbloated, bullyboy military throwing weaker countries against the wall and extorting tribute. Oil is the coin of the realm, the path to global domination.

Putin has audacity to think that the oil beneath Russian soil belongs to Russia. Washington wants to change his mind about that. And that’s why the situation in Ukraine is so dangerous, because the voracious thirst for oil is pushing us all towards another world war."

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

deadcalm

Academi is not american. They are multi national mercs.
reply to post by captaintyinknots

How can you people say things like this with a straight face?

Academi provided diplomatic security services in Iraq to the United States federal government on a contractual basis.[6] The company's headquarters is located in McLean, Virginia.[1]

Source

Seriously....do you think we are all idiots?
edit on 7-3-2014 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

So the Banksters now have corporate private armies, involving in global events. Is this where privatisation goes insane, with the capitalistic rationale that. "Government armies are inefficient because they are state funded?" We all know state employees are just featherbedded. The next step is that Governments are inefficient, and the people would be better served with a corporate model, the future?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Its amazing how delusional americans can be in their own importance. There is no way US can take or rule the oil which is in Russian territory, war doesn´t help here as there is a lot military power in Russia as well and if it happens China will give their support to Russia and Putin knows it. Maybe US thinks they can buy russian oil at low price after some pressure but this is also delusional thinking as Russia will not bend easily or not at all. IF US thinks they can do it then they don´t know Russia at all.

While in all this Ukrainian conflict going on and all the focus on Ukraine situation there is a lot of things which are going on in Russian western soil but media doesn´t tell about. Russia has been having big military exercises in Baltic sea and land. They have started to taken back in use some old military bases like Alakurtti military base in Salla ( near Finnish border ) and other bases in northwest and southwest and planning to send thousands of soldiers to protect their borders in coming months. Most of the bases which is now taken back in use were closed in 90´s.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Wait...aren't these the same uniforms the undercover Russian army dudes were wearing in that interview the other day? Let me see if I can dig it out. I think someone's messing here. Or maybe not.

Is Xe aka Blackwater or whatever the hell they're called these days hiring Russians now?

It's like Prince lol.

Soon they'll be called the mercenary company formerly know as...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I guess McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Facebook, General motors, etc etc etc are not American companies as well. Semantics is all it is, Academi is an American company.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

roadgravel
The US is suppose to cover the Ukraine's back.
Putin would have a fit is US military showed up.
Solution - Send Blackwater.

Putin used his own version of Blackwater to take Crimea for the very same reasons. He's been saying all along that they aren't his troops.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

It's such a game, isn't it. The real losers are the average people caught up in the game.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

jaws1975
I guess McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Facebook, General motors, etc etc etc are not American companies as well. Semantics is all it is, Academi is an American company.

I didn't know McDonalds was being hired out by oil sheiks to protect their interests. That's new!

Mr. Prince, who resettled here last year after his security business faced mounting legal problems in the United States, was hired by the crown prince of Abu Dhabi to put together an 800-member battalion of foreign troops for the U.A.E., according to former employees on the project, American officials and corporate documents obtained by The New York Times.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Its amazing how delusional americans can be in their own importance. There is no way US can take or rule the oil which is in Russian territory, war doesn´t help here as there is a lot military power in Russia as well and if it happens China will give their support to Russia and Putin knows it. Maybe US thinks they can buy russian oil at low price after some pressure but this is also delusional thinking as Russia will not bend easily or not at all. IF US thinks they can do it then they don´t know Russia at all.

I don't think anyone has their eyes set on blatant world domination/occupation like what has happened in the past. Instead it's about economic and trade domination. (Which of course is tightly bound to war) except that every major power knows about MAD, and doesn't want to play that game, and a direct conflict of flags would likely end up into a MAD scenario, or at least be very hard to control.

So instead we see little proxy wars being fought and business and banking the front lines of the assault. No one wants to fly their flags into a war zone because as soon as it happens you are asking for escalation and descent into something uncontrollable. (When end prerogative is +control.)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join