It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater troops in Ukraine.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Useurbrain
reply to post by Yusomad

I will keep telling myself that...because I am current a PSC, have been for 5 years in Afghanistan...and before that 2 tours in Iraq with the US Army, the second one operating in Baghdad as security for counter-intel...and working with DoS and BW. So, compare my first hand experience to what people read in the internet. Are there idiots that do violate the RoE, yes...both PSC and US mil. But, the RoE is nothing but a tool...like any tool it can be used right or wrong. It's been my experience over several years that a great deal of people have no idea about what is going on, on the ground...and have an ax to grind with contractor, mainly the former-Blackwater.

But your not a PSC are you, CoD or BF4 maybe, but not a real one.

Once you claim to be PSC my spidey senses started twitching, then you dropped this little diamond..

2 tours in Iraq with the US Army as security for counterintel.

Tut tut sir....

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Useurbrain
reply to post by victor7

The real one are all quiet professionals...however the new breed seem WAY to much into themselves. All SHOW no GO.

Funny as, being though you start threads with "I am PSC"......

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by oxykerfluffle

I do have solid confirmation that there are PMCs operating in the regions.

Guys couldn't say where they were exactly or who they were working for, but they are in the region.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

oxykerfluffle
It's BS. Slayer should know better. You just fell hook, line, and sinker for propaganda.

As I stated in my opening piece...

"I'm not exactly sure what to make of it as of yet.... "

I brought it to the site and let the members decide for themselves.

You think it's BS propaganda.

Noted.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SirDrinksalot

Silly me trying to have an adult conversation on a conspiracy website. Most of the threads I have read on here tend to turn to 'yes I am, no you're not' at some point...this one just did. My attempt was to straighten out some of the wild accusations thrown at private security contractors, and especially at the former Blackwater company. I wouldn't bet against contractors from several companies have been hired to secure certain places in Crimea. However, the statements that 'Blackwater' is a private army up for the highest bidder and that all contractors are nothing but CIA mercs is total BS. What you personally believe is irrelevant to me, and not worth my attempt to change your mind. No offense to anyone on this site, but ATS'ers would be more likely to believe someone that has special 'contacts' or 'know someone' as long as it feeds into what they want to believe. But if you have a specific question for me, I'd be glad to answer it.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Useurbrain

Silly me trying to have an adult conversation on a conspiracy website. Most of the threads I have read on here tend to turn to 'yes I am, no you're not' at some point...this one just did. My attempt was to straighten out some of the wild accusations thrown at private security contractors, and especially at the former Blackwater company. I wouldn't bet against contractors from several companies have been hired to secure certain places in Crimea. However, the statements that 'Blackwater' is a private army up for the highest bidder and that all contractors are nothing but CIA mercs is total BS. What you personally believe is irrelevant to me, and not worth my attempt to change your mind. No offense to anyone on this site, but ATS'ers would be more likely to believe someone that has special 'contacts' or 'know someone' as long as it feeds into what they want to believe. But if you have a specific question for me, I'd be glad to answer it.

Yes, its not Blackwater per say - it is PMCs in general.

Yes they can use horrific banned (or not authorised weapons) such as was fielded in Iraq (blended metal ammo).

Yes the ROE is different for PMC.

Yes, the way the US used PMCs in Iraq was to avoid the democratic process years of democracy had created thus undermining every one of you.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I am not sure of your background or experience, but I think the disconnect is the technical terms being used. RoE, Rules of Engagement can differ quite often. It's who can be engaged, the threat, when the can be engaged and how much positive ID you must have. Sometimes they differ in who's Area of Operations you are in, what mission you are on, and in PSC, who you are protecting. An example is when I was there in 2005, we travelled at night, but there was a curfew on Iraqis. So, any non-military vehicle approaching your convoy would be considered hostile. By 2007, that had changed.

EoF, Escalation of Force are the steps you go through before deadly force can be used. Starts with shouting/waving...to some kind a signal device...to shooting. I know for us, we can never fire Warning Shots...if you pull the trigger, it's a well aim round to kill.

In 2004-06 time frame, the Embassy details did have what someone might take as 'looser' RoEs, due to the very high threats they were dealing with. But, they still had to follow the correct EoF. The Embassy details dad not have to worry about COIN or public opinion, their sole directive was the move DoS personnel safely, and they did...never losing a single client. Do I agree with some of the actions taken, no...but I wasn't on contract then...few of my friends were. And I won't judge their actions in hindsight. Right now in Afghanistan, both RoE and EoF are EXTREMELY tight...and that could be highly debated for Pros and Cons.

As for the blended metal rounds...not sure what you are speaking of, I'll have to ask...but in the DoS contracts, ammo, weapons, ect are strictly spelled out.

Finally...my point through all of this is that Private Security Companies are completely misunderstood by the public, media and politicians. The US / UK ones are tightly controlled on 1/2 BILLION dollar contracts that they do not want to lose. The client (DoD, DoS, ect) spell out all the details from training, to equipment to grooming standards. And knowing there are quite a lot of 'Contractor Haters' which look for any way to fires someone, the companies tend to hold people to a high standard. Yes, there were growing pains when Iraq got started. Yes, a good deal of contractors are prior SF/SEAL/SAS and the like...but I'd guess 60-70% are standard combat arms soldiers and Marines...they now have additional training. And Yes, BW (now Academi) has dealing with the CIA...mainly the drone stuff, but back in the day....some, meaning very little...direct action. Really do to the CIAs lack of personnel. But I have never heard of anyone, and I know quite a few, that have been on a 'private army' sent to do the governments dirty work. And if they did, me, you and the world wouldn't know about it...especially someone not actually on one of the teams.

Are PSCs in the Ukraine...maybe, maybe not...but different patches/no patches...odd uniforms don't mean squat. Hell, every day I wear something different...my buddies are State, where the same thing.

I know that none of this will change anyones predetermined views of the evil, merc PMCs they believe are running amok. I just wanted to share a bit of what they really are...pretty boring.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
------Thread Update------
US Contractor Greystone Denies Its 'Mercenaries' in Ukraine

The Russian government today claimed there are more than 100 American “mercenaries” from a defense contracting company disguised as Ukrainian troops in the embattled former Soviet nation, a claim the American firm and top U.S. officials deny.

The Russian Foreign Ministry made the allegation in a statement today that accused Ukrainian military forces of working with “illegal armed militias” and others, saying the ministry is “especially concerned” about the involvement of 150 American mercenaries from the private company Greystone Ltd., a former affiliate of Blackwater.

A woman who answered a call for comment from ABC News today at Greystone denied that the company was involved, saying, “We do not have anyone deployed in Ukraine.” Later, the company told other news outlets they had no comment on the Russian allegations.

White House spokesperson Jay Carney told reporters the claim “seems bogus to us” and Geoffrey Pyatt, U.S. Ambassador to Russia, called it “rubbish.”

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Of course there are private military goons in Ukraine. I hope Russia kicks their ass! I'm sick of my tyrannical govt run by thugs. Russia may be no better as far as Putin goes but America needs to get a little sand kicked in its face. I'd like to see Speznatz take a paddle to these clowns.

My god is it me or does everyone wanna see Jay Carney put on a spit and roasted alive? I can't stand that utter vile piece of excrement!
edit on 9-4-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Im new to this site and im not even sure if im doing this correctly. You seem to pretty knowledgeable on this subject. Care to chat about it?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The latest EU psy-op about an attempted assassination against Salvini by Ukrainians is moronic and won't deceive anybody. Ukrainian forces will never be allowed to enter Donbass. If they try, they'll be nuked ! Same thing goes for any NATO bad calculation.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join