It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SeaWorld May Lose Killer Whale Shows Thanks to Shocking Documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

SeaWorld May Lose Killer Whale Shows Thanks to Shocking Documentary (Video) Added by Tracy Rose on March 7, 2014. Saved under animals, Science, Tracy Rose Tags: seaworld SeaWorldSeaWorld is known for its killer whales. The orcas are often what draws visitors to the park. At the same time, the company has received much criticism for keeping the whales captive and putting their trainers at risk. Blackfish, a shocking documentary about the killer whales at SeaWorld, has sparked quite a controversy. Now a California lawmaker is pushing legislation that would ban SeaWorld from using the killer whales for entertainment purposes, thus putting a stop to their shows.

Blackfish is a documentary that was released in 2013. It focuses on the killer whales held in captivity at SeaWorld, specifically, it tells the story of Tilikum, the 12,000 pound whale who is known to have killed several people since being held captive. Dawn Brancheau, a senior trainer at SeaWorld was killed by Tilikum in February, 2010. Her family was not involved in the film and say that if she were here today, she would still be working with the animals.

Source

Shamu noo how could you?!? and how can you be at the same time in like 4 different places to give your show?!?

So now laws are made based on movies, nice to know, i haven't seen the documentary but with the music of the promo i know its made to shock and not report a reality, i dont like propaganda.

Having said this if i where a few tons whale and be forced to jump for a lill fish by a puny human i would sink as many as i could too.

So what you think ATS, free Wil.. i mean Tilikum or keep the shows?

I would not free the whales out of fear they tell the rest what we do to them

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I thought we went over this.
And that this video was less than trustworthy.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"the tiger was just being a tiger..."

Anyway, Killer whales are actual family of Dolphins. Killer Dolphins would not be a good label, for many reasons lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

which one of the 2?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

I kinda disagree about the music insuring its hype. I think it's the medias job to entertainment up our news. What I hate is when they news up my entertainment!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It would certainly be a loss for Seaworld if they had no orca shows anymore. I found the show to be fantastic and hope that they are able to still have the shows in the future.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was going to do this thread...You did a better job than I could of.

The way they treat these animals is obviously disgusting.

You can have an Aquatic Park without mistreating these Creatures.

This is the only time in my life I side with PETA.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Blackfish actually is pretty good, the mood is more of a tragic one as it goes over the life of Killitum (that Orca that killed that woman a few years back), and what led up to the incident.

Seaworld holds its Orca's in conditions that are inhumane to the psychological and physical health of these animals.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Free the whales man, lets put the directors of sea world in a glass cage in the middle of the ocean and let the sea animals stare at them for the rest of their lives.
edit on 7-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
America always did have a hard time giving up its slaves.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Should re-title this to "Sea Worlds actions may close down whale shows"

It is not just the "movie" that caused this. Sea World has been involved in one of the most horrific dolphin captures in the world. Breaking up families of dolphins and stealing the children of dolphins murdered in the blood soaked waters of Taiji, Japan.

Screw Sea World they are little more than cruel keepers of slaves. I hope they are run out of business.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
www.mysanantonio.com...

here we go.

Two former SeaWorld trainers involved in the controversial documentary “Blackfish” say the film is deceiving and includes speculation from inexperienced trainers who were not involved in the incidents they discussed.

One trainer goes on to say.

“I was physically present during many of the events that (the trainers) talked about in the movie, and I can tell you firsthand they completely misrepresented, provided disinformation and in many cases blatantly lied about those events,” said Simmons, who founded a marine mammal research and conservation organization in Orlando after working at SeaWorld from 1987 to '96.

So yeah. I don't know what to tell ya.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

As someone who used to work at Sea World, I can tell you that you're wrong. All the animals are treated well and the trainers truly love them. Sea World rescues Orcas and other sea creatures all the time. The ones they rescue do not perform. When they are given a clean bill of health, they are released back into the ocean. The Orcas that perform were born in captivity and wouldn't survive long in the wild. They are not forced to perform tricks and when they do, do tricks they don't do anything that Orca's wouldn't do in the wild. It's Sea World's policy. At least it was while they were still owned by Anheuser-Busch.

If you want to know how Sea World treats and cares for their animals then Click Here

Get both sides before you pass judgement.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Vageryn
reply to post by whyamIhere

As someone who used to work at Sea World, I can tell you that you're wrong. All the animals are treated well and the trainers truly love them. Sea World rescues Orcas and other sea creatures all the time. The ones they rescue do not perform. When they are given a clean bill of health, they are released back into the ocean. The Orcas that perform were born in captivity and wouldn't survive long in the wild. They are not forced to perform tricks and when they do, do tricks they don't do anything that Orca's wouldn't do in the wild. It's Sea World's policy. At least it was while they were still owned by Anheuser-Busch.

If you want to know how Sea World treats and cares for their animals then Click Here

Get both sides before you pass judgement.

Really?

Stevie Wonder can see those Orca's do not belong in that small pool.

I never said close Sea World. They do some wonderful things.

Next tell me how much they enjoy performing....Ask the poor dead Trainers.

As I said....You can have a wonderful Aquatic Park without mistreating these Creatures.

I listened to your side....Who is speaking for the Orcas.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Gee, are you speaking of the very trainers that actually go, get in the water and choose which slaves they will take?
Gee, are you speaking of trainers that want to have jobs tomorrow?

Sorry for the sarcasm, I detest what is being done and get quite angry about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vageryn

Are the trainers from Sea World "rescuing" Dolphins in Taiji? NO! Makes me sick to see anyone defend that wretched place known as Sea World.

Oh and my opinions come from 20 years ago, not just the recent story. I also knew someone that quit Sea world because of what they saw behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Mamatus

Are the trainers from Sea World "rescuing" Dolphins in Taiji? NO!

Um... does SeaWorld has legislation in Taiji?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Go watch a documentary called The Cove. Then ask me.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I agree.. Ban the Whales !

Sure Save them all you want just dont put humans at risk because 1) Seaworld is Stupid and 2) They should know better than to allow such close contact between very dangerous animals and humans without proper precautions.

As I see it, SeaWorld is guilty of Murder and should be shut down completely.

Many Zoos are no different. A 75 lbs chimp can be stronger than Arnold in his prime and throw you around with one arm. Heck they can rip your limbs right off easily. People get hurt and or killed in zoos all the time because people are stupid. They don't see these animals being aggressive for a long time so they get a false sense of security.

All animals can and will snap and do rash things to humans for their own reasons - you cant leave anything to chance.
edit on 7-3-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Then if they really have legislation power, then I'm concerned that they do nothing about these dolphins.

We all know that dolphins are as intelligent as humans are. And that's how we treat them? Ooh, that just gets on my nerve. No wonder why no ET civilizations asks for our opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join