It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Says He’d Make a Better President Than Hillary Clinton

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Bernie Sanders did well here where other politicians have gone down in flame very quickly.

Elizabeth Warren is his perfect running mate

Wouldn't that be interesting?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yes, Paul's following could be definitely construed as being almost cult-like. However, he does say and attempt to do good things. That's why a joint ticket between the two would be so interesting because they would balance each other in those much needed aspects.

Although I really do like Warren, a Sanders/Warren ticket would be too politically isolating. In his interview in the Nation, Sanders talked about basically creating a larger political movement that joined together all the disenfranchised--including the Tea Party and Libertarian movements. Warren isn't going to bring that support to the table. Whether fairly or not, she's been sullied in the view of the right via the media. Same goes for Paul really on the opposite side of the spectrum. If Sanders is serious about running and serious about creating a large political movement to take back the country, he's going to need a running mate that appeals to the other side of the aisle. That'd be Paul. His running mate has to appeal to the opposite side. Warren would be viewed as just another "leftist".

And it's not like they haven't joined up before: money.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

He's great on social media and uses it mainly because MSM refuses to move away from status quo, why would they, all the MSM is coporate owned. Independents very nearly captured 1% of the vote last time which would have opened them up to receive federal election funding. Clearly that was in large part to social media, one has to wonder if the sinking of net neutrality came about because of it.
edit on 3/8/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I think Gary Johnson would be a better choice if that's Bernie's aim.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I think Gary Johnson would be a better choice if that's Bernie's aim.

Actually, I agree. Johnson would be a good choice as well as he appeals to many libertarians from the best of my knowledge. However, he is less known than Paul is and visibility and familiarity are huge factors when it comes to winning an election.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yah even these "It Takes A Village" folks compete with each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join