It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transformers: Age of Extinction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, the first transformers was good, but the series seemed to take a nose dive after the first one...

I wasn't too impressed with number two, and the third one was kinda crap IMHO

Admittedly, im a little pumped for this one...

Its got Dinobots!!

Which means GRIMLOCK will be hitting the silver screen!! My fav transformer from my child hood!!

edit on 7-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

How dare you!, they're all good, as I type, im throwing peanuts at the screen!, feeel their salty vengeance!!.....all the films are good, granted the sequels do lack something that the first had.
But, im in total agreement with you, the next does look the tits!(rather good indeed!)
All the best.
B.V.H

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I say meh,, to the whole series. They were filmed so you can't see what the heck is going on. Terminator salvation has the big robot that was easy to watch. I can't enjoy a movie when it's just a blur. I much prefer pacific rim type fighting.

I also have high hopes for the new Godzilla.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Out of curiosity, what made the first movie good? As a huge fan of the Transformers I just don't get why people enjoy those live action films. Nothing about them is Transformers. They should have just called them Go Bots movies, and no one would have really known the difference.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I liked the first two movies. the third was ok.
we'll see how 4 goes.

I'm stoked to see a dino bot.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by viralglitch

It was new... No one had ever seen anything like it before...

The following two didn't seem to be well thought out, or put together very well

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well I'm especially excited for this movie because it will be the first 3D movie for my 4 year old son ( he'll be 5 by the time the movie is out), all I can say is he's Transformers mad, and usually when we play i'm a Decepticon ( usually 'Starscream' his fave).

I went to see the 3rd in 3D and it blew me away, it was my first time, so I have been eagerly awaiting for this.

Autobots.......Roll out!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That actually looks pretty sweet.

I'm a little tired of the series, because I wanted to watch robots fight, not blurry pieces of metal and sparks, which is what mostly came out of the last 3.

They seem to have cleaned up the animations quite a bit clarity wise. I like that a lot.

We'll have to see. I still have a hard time taking Mark seriously though since having watched The Other Guys and Ted.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

wahlberg won't let it be bad. he's got alot more sway then just your normal actor and id bet he's got an executive producer credit on this one. he's in touch with what hits and what misses. how to make things relatable and whatnot. should be good.
edit on 7-3-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The first 3 movies are honestly some of the worst films ever made... just awful, loud noises and blurry action and awful acting.
This one looks better but it's still a Transformers movie so they'll make it suck somehow.
The original cartoons were great and the animated movie.... for people who don't know what Transformers or Go-bots were/are then the new films are fine I guess, just loud nonsense.... but for anyone who grew up with the Transformers, they're almost an insult to the memory of the original Transformers.

I don't know how anyone can like these movies, they sum up almost everything wrong with movies in the 21st century.

Then again, if someone gets enjoyment out of them and likes them, that's fine too... we all have different tastes and I'm not judging, merely giving my opinion.

ETA:

Granted the 1st movie was better than the following 2 and was perhaps "new" and "nice to look at" it still was ultimately just loud, shouty action cliche.

Pacific Rim did what these movies tried to do, and did it much better.

I'm hoping the new Godzilla film does too, but we'll see.
edit on 7/3/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well judging from the clip, this one is going to be good and the actor's are at least decent this time.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, I might as well throw my two cents in. I loved the first movie, the second one was alright but I thought Bay was trying to hard with the I guess you'd say adult type humor and it seemed to fall flat, the third, it was better, it was like he went back to the original formula of the first movie. The fourth? I can't wait to see it judging by the preview.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why bother even having people in it, its really special effects movie, robot lifeforms fighting. Having people in it makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The best Transformers is still the original cartoon. For me anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Watching the third one as I type this, I think they are all incredible films.

Never had much of an interest in them apart from the beast ones, until these films.

4th one looks incredible and I love everything about them myself, Cybertron and everything just fascinates me so much!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Such heresey in the thread.

Geezus use the slo mo feature if yo want to watch the action.

or instant replay.

I can't wait to watch it.

One of the better franchises to be made lately.

Hell even got Markey,Mark in it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I look forward to Michael Bay attempting to justify why there are even MORE Transformers hanging around. I mean, where the # else are they from? I bet there will still be more humans having screentime than the Transformers, despite the movie title being Transformers.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Transformers without Megan Fox is like a brownie without frosting. Sure, it's ok, but I'd rather have the frosting one.

new topics

top topics

join