It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama says no problem with gay marriage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CretumOrbis

I am with the Lama on this.
What people do behind closed doors is none of my business

Taking the state accepted ceremony of marriage, based on 1 husband and 1 wife, gender specific roles, and changing them, personally I think is wrong.

Though I am not prepared to fight you or anyone about it

The crazy thing about Gay marriage is that the Gays want to get married while the rest of the normal population are avoiding marriage.
Talk about behind the times.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I couldn't agree more, you'd have to be crazy to want to wear a tuxedo...

I'm a pragmatist, so I don't really get it, but some people like that sort of thing. I've been trying to put that into words for some time now though, thanks for the assist.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

borntowatch
reply to post by CretumOrbis

Taking the state accepted ceremony of marriage, based on 1 husband and 1 wife, gender specific roles, and changing them, personally I think is wrong.

Though, of course, you can't think of a logical reason that it would be wrong at all; just parrotting partisan subscriptions.

Though I am not prepared to fight you or anyone about it

Well as long as you can collect social currency online for making no sense at all, then it's worth making no sense to some, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If 2 people love each other why not?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

TheRegal

Though, of course, you can't think of a logical reason that it would be wrong at all; just parrotting partisan subscriptions.

Well as long as you can collect social currency online for making no sense at all, then it's worth making no sense to some, I suppose.

I cant find a logical reason to get married, not that I am against it.

I am sorry I have an opinion, I wont in future.

and btw, where is my social currency, I have an antisocial position, you have the socially accepted position.

Talk about no sense.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Aleister
That quote reads as if he wouldn't object to the business of prostitution either.

I'm not sure why anyone would, unless you believe a person shouldn't have authority over their own body.

And saying that marriage is only between a man and a woman is being prejudiced against homosexuals.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

borntowatch

I cant find a logical reason to get married, not that I am against it.

I am sorry I have an opinion, I wont in future.

and btw, where is my social currency, I have an antisocial position, you have the socially accepted position.

Talk about no sense.

You don't have an opinion. You have a stupid thing to say.

You can't claim that things are a certain way when there is hard proof against them and claim solace in it being an "opinion"; it's just a fallacy.

You can't think of a single reason to get married, therefore marriage is bad? Welcome to the internet, where it takes you 30 seconds to look something up before saying something retarded.

Tax breaks, insurance policies, general earning power, medical benefits and a more financially stable environment to raise a child in come to mind. Being married or not could literally be the difference between you living and dying, your significant other living or dying, or your child living or dying.

Hate to break it to you, but there are plenty of reasons to get married. Gay people aren't upset that they don't get to eat cake, get drunk, and overpay mediocre photographers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join