It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop hits 97 year old, she dies. Where is your anger ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
She was struck by cop car at low speed. Surprised the anti-police haven't ripped this apart. Apparently a trooper hit an elderly lady and she has now passed. Unfortunate but such little coverage. Probably because her skin was wrong color sorry if I had to go there.

m.wftv.com...
edit on 7-3-2014 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mar 7th 2014 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You make out that the cop actuallly hit the woman... with his baton or fist or something.

His car struck her.... at 5mph and was an accident, while tragic, it's hardly police brutality is it?

edit on 7/3/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

From reading the article it sounds like a tragic accident. I feel sadness rather than anger. Maybe I'm missing something.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This was a tragic vehicular mishap in the parking lot of a beach not a rage fueled beatdown of an unarmed civie.

Big difference.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Oh, he hits her with his car at 5 mph?

Of course, all police related deaths are accidents…

Without video, will be hard to get that worked up.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yes I should edit that to include a car. But the point I'm getting at is there are no such things as accidents when it comes to cops. If a cop tackles a bank robber and he breaks a bone the cop did it on purpose. Centarian gets struck by cop car and not a whisper.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

What I see here is an unfortunate accident. Happens to MILLIONS of us everyday in all sorts of incidences. Are you implying this was on purpose? Cop drunk? Not sure what your fishing for and the skin color thing is borderline pathetic in THIS situation. I guess cops aren't ever entitled to human mistakes? Yes, SOME cross the line and make a choice to do stupid stuff, but again, your reaching on this one IMO.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What is the point in this unless the OP is trying to bait the anti-cop faction on ATS.

1. It doesn't matter if he is a cop, anyone that bumped a 97 year old lady to the ground had a chance to kill her.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yeah, your title is very misleading. This looks to be a very unfortunate accident. Also, what does color have to do with anything? From reading the article, I can't determine anything about her race.

This is just poor form all around OP.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm not trying to get people angry I'm just pointing out the hypocricy on ATS. If a cop kills someone who actually did some crime people rage because the cop could have used other force or what not. This old lady who I'm sure didn't jump out in front of the cop car gets killed and the cop isn't even issued a ticket from what we can see while a truck driver runs over a kid and gets a ticket. Why the madness.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

marbles87
reply to post by blupblup

Yes I should edit that to include a car. But the point I'm getting at is there are no such things as accidents when it comes to cops. If a cop tackles a bank robber and he breaks a bone the cop did it on purpose. Centarian gets struck by cop car and not a whisper.

I think you're a little to eager to hate cops.
while it's natural and healthy to have a mistrust in light of all the recent and ever increasing examples of genuine police brutality, this story as an example of police brutality is utterly ridiculous and just shows the lengths some will go remain in their bubble of ignorance.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

marbles87
But the point I'm getting at is there are no such things as accidents when it comes to cops. If a cop tackles a bank robber and he breaks a bone the cop did it on purpose. Centarian gets struck by cop car and not a whisper.

You're being sarcastic here right? Not serious I hope? Reason there is NO WHISPER is because luckily people still have common sense to know the difference between a choice causing harm and an accident.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Probably because her skin was wrong color sorry if I had to go there.

I am sorry you went there as well. Why the hell did you go there. color wasn't mentioned in the article. You seem to be the only one thinking in such a manner.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What a sad event.

The title of the OP is very misleading and does not reflect the title of the source. Perhaps it only applies to certain forums, but I thought we're supposed to use the exact title from the source.

Anyway, I am saddened but not outraged. This is not a case of brutality by any means.
edit on 7-3-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

But the point I'm getting at is there are no such things as accidents when it comes to cops

You would've been better off creating a thread highlighting Johnny Law's heroic and courageous actions, which I'm sure there are many.

The message you are trying to convey is getting lost in the cess pool you originally created.

Maybe next time, huh..?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Mental note to self: Do not click on threads started by Marbles87 again.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
OP will be replaced shortly. My fault. Stand by.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes, I see it now. It was not an accident!

The cop waited in the parking lot like a lion in the African bush......looking for the right opportunity to pounce on the weakest animal.

At just the right time, he slammed his car in to gear and took out his prey with a 5 mph bumper tag.

/facepalm

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
How am I eager to dislike cops? I actually like cops have only had one incident with a ego hungry prick but hey you'll have those in all jobs. And although this is what looks like an accident there have been so many instances where people refuse to believe police can have accidents. Here is an example cop kills person with weapons and threatens people and people you "could have tazed him" but when an 97 year old lady is hit by someone who tickets people for the same crime gets a pass as an accident. Plus if the cop isn't removed from patrol duty it's a smack in the face to the victims family. Cops are held to a level above the rest so how does this not get a raised eyebrow.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Sigh

Another poster trying to stir the pot.

Things like this happen all the time yet I don't see you or any other cop basher on ATS talking about people getting hurt in similar way's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join