It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Misheard Lyrics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Everyone's seen a good misheard lyrics video or two, some are a riot XD I think we could have a really fun thread sharing our favorite misheard lyrics videos for laughs.
Other than keeping it withing the T&C, no real rules on this. Just share what cracks you up

In what is probably one of the more well-known ones, I present Eiffel 65's Blue, misheard:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Not exactly traditionally misheard...

Carol King's Fart Song....Something inside has died/ that I just can't hide/and I just can't fake it!

Then there are:

Leslie Gore's Its my party and I'll cry if I want to

I always heard its my body I'll cry if I want to.

Brownsville Station's Smokin in the Boys Room always sounded like Smokin in the Board Room.

I thought it was really a dumb song when I found out what it really said.

edit on 7-3-2014 by UMayBRite! because: additions

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Pearl jam- yellow led better

Kings of leon- sex on fire

Both are hilarious.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Recked up like a ducen

Hell, it took until the internet was invented by Al Gore before I learned the real lyrics.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This one is my favorite...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Led Zeppelin - Going to California

My buddy always thought one of the lines was "Tryin' to find a woman who's never never never been boned" (as in a virgin) as opposed to the correct word "born".

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I am still very embarrassed about this song I mis-heard....

David Guetta - Titanium ft. Sia
'You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium'

I actually, for several months always assumed.....

'You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am the Dadeo'

As in The Dadeo, The boss basically in slang.

Oh how wrong I was
Laughing joke still today with the Mrs and family/friends. Makes it worse it was in the Title and still I was obliveous!
edit on 7-3-2014 by Maltese5Rhino because: Added sentence

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

Haha, I used to think it was "it's my body, and I'll cry if I want to", too. When I was a kid, my parents were super-strict about music channels on the radio, all we were allowed to listen to was Oldies. We also had a really crappy set of speakers in the car. For the longest time, since we listened to music mostly while driving, For years, I used to think Paul Anka's Diana was "Guyana" and couldn't figure out why he was singing about a country. I also used to think Johnny Rivers' Secret Agent Man was about a "secret Asian man". I asked my mom once what was so secret about the Asian man and she about died laughing. I figured out the lyrics when I discovered the internet in the mid-90's

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
CCR- yeah there's a bathroom on the right

Hendrix- scuse me while I kiss this guy

Elton John- tony danza :aka tiny dancer

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Good one right here.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

you sound like you have chronic lyricosis.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Recked up like a ducen

Hell, it took until the internet was invented by Al Gore before I learned the real lyrics.

Same here. This song used to drive me nuts when I was younger. I remember reading the lyrics from the cassette sleeve and wondering what they were on when they wrote it. The whole song is just crazy. I later found out it was Bruce Springsteen who wrote it.

Here some of my more embarrassing ones.
I think I was eight the first time I heard Shocking Blue's "Venus" my friends and I (a group of Cub Scouts) thought it was something else, but it did rhyme with Venus. My father could never understand why we laughed when the song came on.

America's "Ventura Highway" was Picture a Highway when I was a kid and Venture a Highway in my early teens.

Foreigner's "Hot Blooded" was much to my childhood embarrassment, not the Hot Lettuce lyrics I used to sing so proudly.

AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds" were not done dirt cheap to my youthful ears, instead they heard; Dirty Deeds and the Thunder Chief.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Vageryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Vageryn

AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds" were not done dirt cheap to my youthful ears, instead they heard; Dirty Deeds and the Thunder Chief.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Vageryn because: (no reason given)

My now 22 year old daughter used to sing "Dirty deeds, done ja dee!". And she sang it with such conviction.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Who hasn't done this growing up? You love the song, but mumble that certain line YOU KNOW you have wrong BUT can't quite work it out.

A few I used to mishear-

We Built This City - Starship

1st verse- "Knee deep in the hoopla" was "maybe there's a hoopla"
3rd verse- "Police have got the choke hold," was "we forgotten a choke hold"
"...in to our rock guitars " became "...in two watt guitars"

Eye of The Tiger - Survivor
chorus- "And the last known survivor, Stalks his prey in the night to me was "And the last known survivor, Stops to pray in the night"

As /DC's been mentioned, My fave AC/DC track- A Whole Lotta Rosie: "Ain't no fairy story Ain't no skin and bones" was "Ain't no famous story, Ain't no scale and bone"
also: "All through the night time, Right around the clock, To my surprise, Rosie never stops" became "All through the night time, But not around the clock, Too muscley pride, Don't it never stop"
There were many, MANY others, but I'll leave it there. OoooH though...
THE OTHER DAY....!!!
My kids were in bits....One was playing Don't You Worry Child - Swedish House Mafia.
I was in a boppy mood, so I chimed in with the chorus:
"Don't you worry, don't you worry child, Sieanna's got a plan for you". They wet themselves!!
Noting their hysterics, I attempted to redeem myself by denying I actually said that; and piped "Don't....child, see Anna's got a plan for you"!!!
My God, they still laugh NOW when it comes on.

I thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Whats up
Hula Hoop
He loves polo
HA HA HA

Use a sword
Thank the lord
Was it Good?
edit on 7-3-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Did you know there is no official set of lyrics for this song? It changes every time they play it.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

captaintyinknots
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Did you know there is no official set of lyrics for this song? It changes every time they play it.

That does not surprise me in the lest.

"Comma Co wanna show don't wanna see them again... yeah..."

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
When I first heard the song "World without love", it seemed to include the lines
"I don't cay
Here I stay
In my loneliness".
I thought the mispronunciation of "care" to fit the rhyme was a really cheap and lazy form of writing.
Only many years later, hearing it again, did I realise that the first line was "I'm OK".

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Get off my cloud-Rolling stones.When I was a lil kid,I thought Mick was singing..
Hey,hey,you,you,get off of my Clown.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Nightwish- Wishmaster

top topics

<<   2 >>

join