It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there no videos of exorcisms?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Have you heard about the new Exorcist film that is in production? They get the devil to take the Priest out of the child.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

KidOK
Ive often wondered this, but figured Id make a thread to see if anyone has any insight into it.

I am aware of the YouTube videos of exorcisms, which are generally debatable as to whether or not they are real. This isn't anything like UFOs where some random person sees one at some random time; there are people who perform exorcisms for a living (i.e. an exorcist). I hear stories on the internet from priests who have performed them saying that some acts that take place during them are just like the movies (throwing up nails, talking in foreign language, levitating, etc.), but the majority are pretty mundane. There was a recent article about some girl even climbing up a wall backwards. A few people confirmed it. There was supposed to be a TV series on real life exorcisms, but I haven't heard anything from that in a while.

With Christianity being in a decline, it seems like a simple video release would be enough to bring people to the religion.
edit on 7-3-2014 by KidOK because: (no reason given)

Good question. Like others have already stated...... because it is very personal. The Catholic church calls it exorcisms even when dealing with haunted houses however more and more people are moving away from that word and use the word "deliverance" but for this thread I will use the word exorcism. I have participated in a few "exorcisms" and I think everyone should attend one. Why? If you are someone who has a hard time believing in good and evil spirits than you should go to one for the experience. It will open your eyes.

When people think exorcism they think of the movie and it is not that way at all. People's faces do indeed change... sometimes you think it is impossible to make these type of faces but when the spirit has full control of your muscles and its vocal cords they can do some unbelievable things to the human body.

Actually many people do preform exorcisms and they are not part of the Catholic church. Who can preform an exorcism? Anyone who has been given the authority and it does not come from any church but from God himself. A good example in the bible is when Jesus sent out 70 followers to preach and to heal the sick and free the demon possessed. All of them came back with stories of success. These people were not Catholics or protestants, they were Jews. Jews that Christ gave the authority to expel demons and heal the sick. This is something that has been forgotten and no longer taught in the churches. Something the Catholic church has kept secret for thousands of years......that you can expel these evil spirits and heal the sick! You simply need the authority from Christ. The church makes it look like only they have this authority and that is a lie.

BUT........WARNING: Anyone who attempts to do this type of ministry and does not have the authority and have the "Know How" and proper steps needed to expel an infestation could end up in disaster by expelling the evil spirit and then it going inside you or following you home. AND sometimes even when you do the right procedures....some times these evil entities still follow you home. I have seen a couple of people who wanted to play with the evil spirits before expelling them by asking them questions about themselves or about the futuret etc......and today they are dead. This is very dangerous and it requires strict discipline otherwise you can endanger yourself and your family.

This is not a game. It works but it takes a Godly type (God believing) person . It is about love for the other person and helping them to become free or to heal them so they can once again learn to enjoy life and themselves.

I encourage anyone who believes in God and wants to help others with healing or dealing with infestations to slowly look into this type of service. BUT SPEND TIME LEARNING THIS ART. Get knowlege, the first book you should read is: Deliverance from evil spirits by Francis MacNutt.

God bless

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

j.r.c.b.
I used to be a practicing catholic. Even went to the catholic school for 8 years of my life. Supposedly, according to the priests, the few that go to the priests possessed, are to remain nameless. I know of only one supposed genuin possession, one of our priests performed in all of my 45 years. According to the priests they don't take possession lightly. They don't just perform exorcisms on just anyone that asks. They require hard core proof, then they have to go ask for all kinds of permission from all kinds of religious people.....that's all I know...I wouldn't want to see an actual possession. Then again, I am now a NON practicing catholic......

That is correct. Before an exorcism the SUSPECT needs their mental health checked and also physical health as well. Then onto to a state board certified Psychiatrist. After this is done and both physical and mental health is within normal operating range.
And medication does not work then we should assume the problem is spiritual and then take a look at the person's spiritual condition.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

SUSPECT needs their mental health checked and also physical health as well. Then onto to a state board certified Psychiatrist. After this is done and both physical and mental health is within normal operating range.

Confused here.

A possessed person will show a normal operating range for mental and physical health, but still be possessed? How would one suspect them, then?
Of course, it might apply to many major corporate psychopaths players, then. So you leave it up to board certified psychiatrists to determine if someone is actually 'possessed'? Seems a conflict of interest to me.

$.02

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I've often thought this myself. I look at theology and the existence of "God" from the rather more interesting point of view of proving the existence of the anti christ.

I have a family friend who is a priest and recently mentioned this to him. His reaction was rather subdued and he just stated that he had seem things that would turn my hair white! When I encouraged him to explain further his willingness seemed to dwindle.

I'd love to see a video that proved hard to dismiss - so far as the OP stated they are all questionable.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

violet
real exorcism

There's your problem right there. Such a term is an oxymoron.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

Demons are camera shy, or the most logical answer is they don't exist.

Am I calling catholic priests liars? Yes, they are liars. History has proven that church to be full of detergents.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stuship

Detergents? Really? I think they could use some detergent actually..

I don't think they are all liars. Many are, for sure, but I think that is unfair to say that they all are. A lot of them are so wound up in it and believe it utterly, they are able to convince themselves of just about anything.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
here is a summary of a haunting before CGI and colour tv

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here is the doco

www.youtube.com...

This is the most famous British haunting, it has everything you asked for.

It may have been posted but I cant be bothered reading 4 pages

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

borntowatch
here is a summary of a haunting before CGI and colour tv

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here is the doco

www.youtube.com...

This is the most famous British haunting, it has everything you asked for.

It may have been posted but I cant be bothered reading 4 pages

I'm pretty sure the Enfield case was debunked as a fraud by the sisters... I may be wrong but even Maurice Gross wasn't too sure after he caught them on several occasions preparing "props" when they thought he wasn't looking. The alternate gruff voice alleged was proven to be possible by using a different part of the larynx.

Still was one of my favorites though.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

SUSPECT needs their mental health checked and also physical health as well. Then onto to a state board certified Psychiatrist. After this is done and both physical and mental health is within normal operating range.

Confused here.

A possessed person will show a normal operating range for mental and physical health, but still be possessed? How would one suspect them, then?
Of course, it might apply to many major corporate psychopaths players, then. So you leave it up to board certified psychiatrists to determine if someone is actually 'possessed'? Seems a conflict of interest to me.

$.02

Catholic bishop will not give OK to do exorcism and many Protestant institutions will not do a exorcism until board certified psychiatrists check out the individual's mental health.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
pictures and videos capture souls.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

Well as an older teen i went on mission trip to Mexico. We built school and church. One day I walked in on an exorcism in progress and quickly found myself involved helping hold the girl down. It was as real as it gets and scared the crap out of me for life. Back then you did not have digital cameras but they recorded audio and video when they could.

Today they are all filmed. This was just like the movies. She rose off the bed, spoke in several languages, including Latin and English which she did not know. Her eyes rolled completely around in her head, her teeth would appear as fangs. She threw up a bloody material all over everyone. Bites would appear all over her body.

Strength was incredible. It literally was like being in the movie. After about an hour another adult came in and I left crying and sobbing. Evil is real my friends.. That day changed my life.

The Bot

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

dlbott
reply to post by KidOK

Well as an older teen i went on mission trip to Mexico. We built school and church. One day I walked in on an exorcism in progress and quickly found myself involved helping hold the girl down. It was as real as it gets and scared the crap out of me for life. Back then you did not have digital cameras but they recorded audio and video when they could.

Today they are all filmed. This was just like the movies. She rose off the bed, spoke in several languages, including Latin and English which she did not know. Her eyes rolled completely around in her head, her teeth would appear as fangs. She threw up a bloody material all over everyone. Bites would appear all over her body.

Strength was incredible. It literally was like being in the movie. After about an hour another adult came in and I left crying and sobbing. Evil is real my friends.. That day changed my life.

The Bot

Good info.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

I couldn't possibly speculate for The Church Of England & Protestantism!!!

But as for The Catholic's or more importantly so The Vatican...
It would never be released...
Similar to footage/pictures of victims of The Pretzel...
Easier described as a "Yawn & a Stretch" which goes too far & dislocates the Jaw (think The Ring) & breaks the Spine (think The 4th Kind)!!!
These are strictly Vatican MIB (not Priests either) investigations!!!

Peace Kid!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

Just wanted to add my experience was with non denomination christian church and as such their attempt to help this girl was nothing like I would expect a Catholic exorcism. Although I have never participated in one done by priest. I understand that the order commissioned in this area could be violent throughout history.

All i know folks is that evil is real and can be in any form. In other words it can appear as good and godly. You don't have to look far in this world to see it. It scares me as kids today embrace the occult as cool and hip thanks to the movies. Very scary...

The Bot

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Okay .. I just saw a video of an actual exorcism ...
Someone named 'julia' on the history channel.
Haunted History - Season one. Episode 8
There were stil pictures of other exorcisms as well as videos of others.

You'll have to check the TV schedule to see it ...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Gospel of Matthew 7:21-23:

" 21Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity."

One can completely miss the Boat of Life entirely if they do not have Love. Christ says it in the above passage.

Some priests have a videos of their exorcisms. They are used to teach others and prepare them for what they may encounter in an exorcism. Christ performed exorcisms not just to relieve people of their ills and sufferings. He did so to show that the Kingdom of God has arrived, that He was the Messiah, and that He had Authority over evil.

I know that many do not believe in God. Some seem to think that exorcisms are proof of God and they are. But the real Message of Christ is Love. One has to be motivated by Love and Compassion.

Peace and Good Will to All,
La Acadian

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Diabolical possession takes many forms and levels. Demonic possession is not extremely rare, it is sadly extremely common. Deliverance (exorcism) is a fight between all forces of light against all forces of demons. A demon can call more demons to help and at the same time the exorcist minister calls all the Saints and all the Angels. It is a battle of weapons of prayer. Deliverance is very private and personal time for those affected. As a side note, people don't choose to be demonologists or exorcists; God makes people demonologists or exorcists.

Culture through movies give people the concept that diabolical possession is of a crazy lunatic, this is not so. Those who are diabolically possessed are not always frightening raving lunatics.

Preternatural phenomena manifestations are quite clear cut: otherworldly voices, levitation, revulsion of the holy, preternatural strength, bizarre physical manifestations and so forth. Preternatural phenomena are more likely the infestation stage where the demon is making itself known. Preternatural phenomena can momentarily occur in private and no-one but the person is aware of it and even may even be dismissed as a dream or that they had a moment of insanity. Preternatural phenomena normally last for a short time.

It is possible that people in our society are demon possessed millions of people going around leading seemingly ordinary lives who are, in fact, controlled by the evil one. The only time their problem reveals itself is when they are challenged by Jesus Christ and his church and if pushed they will become aggressive or even violent against God and his church.

Friends, family or strangers may observe a particular demeanour take over the person, only for a very brief instant - leaving the observer with the chills and disgust. Satan has so many under this sort of control, that he should not manifest himself in more obnoxious and obvious ways.

Sure diabolical possession is rare … or is it?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is an interesting article written by someone who viewed an exorcism.

www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join