It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Conspiracy "Theorists" Going To Be Designated The New "Evil" Ones?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Now, before I post this video by this guy, I have to say that we all realize conspiracy "theorists" have always been abhorred by a large percentage of society. For the most part, we are considered imaginative, paranoid, over analytical and just plain "crazy."
However, is there a move to demonize the conspiracy "theorist" culture even further? If one looks at present moves by many of the world's governments and media, it's difficult not to consider it a possibility. There are people who claim the "paranoia" of conspiracy "theorists" are at the root of many of the world's ills and upheavals that are occurring. I personally think that most so-called conspiracy "theorists" are our only hope to find any REAL truth in this world, but that is neither here nor there, just a personal opinion. Anyway, I am interested in hearing the rest of ATS membership's opinion on this issue. In the meantime, here is a link to the video that even brought this question into my mind:

edit on 7-3-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Conspiracy theorists that can't think and communicate effectively, are the authorities best friend. They disperse and de-correlate the narrative making it easier to counteract.

Pay attention long enough on this site and you will acquire skills needed to process the spectrum of information blasting you daily.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Lol, well, we all know that there is no shortage of some pretty bizarre and outlandish ideas out there... I will agree that many of these people who buy into the whole shapeshifting "reptilians" and "super smart roaches underneath the U.N building rule the world" theories do tend to place a blemish on legitimate conspiracy researchers.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Evil? Oh heck no,we are just here to entertain sheep and elite alike.
This guy makes it sound like us rejecting oppression,consumerism,capitalism, and every secret ancient and present,is us perpetuating some kind of psychological terrorism. I got about three quarters through,till he started blaming conspiracy theories for terrorist attacks,and that is no better than blaming all Muslims,or any other religion. Lost all credibility for me with that argument. If he wants to group me with radicals,that is his issue not mine. Just a label.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Conspiracy Theories are quiet interesting read. Some are real, others are not. Its perfect for reading, and undertsanding how our world might work.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
CTers are more common than you think, they just are not vocal about it, open up a conversation with just about anyone I know and I get shocked by what they do know.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Nah.
Most Conspiracy Theorists are so cool they're absolute zeros.
No threat there.

The ones that are full of too much gas will eventually pop on their own if their heads get too big.
All is well. Nature sorts itself out.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yeah, it took everything I had to suffer through it too. I think the guy use to be a conspiracy "theorist" himself and he got all bent out of shape about something.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

That would be my guess as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
No, not Evil. I think evil or bad would imply at least rational thought.

They'll stick will dangerously mentally ill.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Mentally "ill," ehhhh? Well, honestly, I think someone would have to be mentally ill to believe the garbage that is dished out by the mainstream media day in and day out and still think there is not something very askew with what is going on within the political, corporate and private sectors of ,not only this country, but this world. Yes, people who still buy into what the mainstream feeds them are either A) Mentally ill or B) Very uninformed. Now, I don't know if you meant your comment as a blanket statement, but that is certainly how it appears in black and white. The thing is, my statement is a blanket statement because I truly do believe that anyone who looks at society today and doesn't think there is some very shady and serious manipulations going on within the body of the "elite" has to have something not registering correctly within their thinking process.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
CTers are more common than you think, they just are not vocal about it, open up a conversation with just about anyone I know and I get shocked by what they do know.

This is pretty much my experience too. Seems that they have a meme set as this group that are conventional when most aren't. Do they mean their own little set of minions, ie the more homogenized bankers, accoutants, those who work in big offices so they check their facebook out, and perhaps a few fundmental religious areas. Because even small, conservative logging towns seem to have lots of stories and beliefs about how the elites are doign it and ripping everyone off. During cold season, more people than not, believe this came out of a laboratory.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
after ron paul , vets, raw yogurt sellers, normal children, and puppies...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Actually had a kind of vision or images come during dishes and I don't write this to code the matrix, to make it a reality, to entrench it in minds, but more as, in the realms of possibilities, if there was anything in the works resembling this from a few dark hats and their plans, perhaps we should overturn this with love, not fear, envision different and positive solutions and outcomes, and maybe bust them.

But, this horrible scenario came when I was doing the dishes and the words, the executions would begin. And akin to all those threads on guillotines, or I don't know how, but saw the first group they were after was right wing leaders, speakers, and tea party type supporters, adding more and more, such as those who believe in their constitutional rights, gun rights, and perhaps it would toe into certain conspiracy groups, but this wasn't their real target. Something to do with karma I bleieve. ie those more awake had less and they had less access to them. Thats more of a metaphysics thing. In fact the images i saw were akin to Stalin type of takeover, and purging groups.

And it doesnt have to happen. I won't see that as occurring. Then a man seemed to be speakign to me, and he said, when anything comes close to this level, to lay low, not write out against this or speak up, but withdraw. Not sure that would be the right thing to do.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
hopefully liberals instead.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Are Conspiracy "Theorists" Going To Be Designated The New "Evil" Ones?

Well they will have to get in line, and I am sorry there is a long wait. It seems your video does not work just an FYI. I am not sure who you consider a CT from reading the posts. The majority of the nation has known and does know that corporations and governments work together for mutual benefit which in many cases the average joe would be pissed about. I do not consider those people CTers they just know it has always been that way. There are also different levels of CTers. The ones who look at the JFK assassination BTW there are those who think the failed assassination on Reagan was planed for him to garner political support. It is when you go out on the fringe with little to no evidence but a whole lot of accusations (basically people spitballing scenarios to see what sticks) and that is when CTers get a bad name. No one really takes those people seriously and 9 out of 10 times they exhibit some mental illness however, it is because they call themselves CTers that the entire community takes bad rap points.

That is just my 2 cent.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Just to clarify, I don't know ET's aren't among us or reptilians aren't living in hollow Earth. I can't disprove it. I would love to acquire proof of either
What I'm saying is that general analytical skill stems from the ability to resist your minds natural tendency to force ambiguous threads to one 100% belief or another. A person's belief in ET CT's is not directly related to their beliefs regarding CIA mind control CT's or Chemtrail CT's. The longer you can keep your mind open to new data, the better able to process these types of things. People will hate you for it when you say "I haven't decided" or "I haven't formed a strong opinion yet", but it's a very personal struggle for each individual.

9/11 and JFK CT's are a prime example. The JFK events and the media manipulation afterward dispersed and de-correlated the narrative to an extent that the "truth" will probably always be "in the noise" and impossible to discern. It comes from so many different narratives being advanced at the same time and many of the narratives have self-consistency or logical problems. It becomes too complex for the human brain to process. Most just lock on to one "thing" and then it's their "thing".

I believe a supercomputer with Google's technology could actually extract the most likely true chain of events on the JFK event from every video, picture and everything ever said or written on the matter. Maybe some geek has already done it? Just supposition but maybe the USG uses this technology to understand when the truth is emerging on 9/11 so they can add more noise to the system or "disappear" people? The technology of "big data analytics" exists and the motive for abuse is real. Cites like this make it harder to pull off large scale magic and I appreciate that.
edit on 7-3-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: shpelling

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thanks for your input. I could see such an occurrence happening. Whether it will or not, I haven't the slightest. I am like you, I don't know if silence would be the best tactic to take in such a situation or not either. I tend to think that too many people's silence and inaction is what has led to the current state of affairs now. I think if people would have spoke out and became active decades ago, a lot of things wouldn't be as they are today.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Most people I know already know about half the conspiracies out there. They believe they are true but know that it is fruitless to challenge them. You can't fight city hall, you cannot change half this crap that we are fed. We have been accepting "the way it is" for a long time. It is that the ones in charge of all this stuff are starting to go crazy nowadays, thinking that they can just about do anything they want and nobody can challenge them. When this happens, all hell breaks loose and multiple polarized sections of society begin to form. A country divided cannot stand. This is true, nothing short of a major disaster will bring people together...AND those high up in the government know this....from looking at history. This is not just an American problem...it is happening in many industrialized countries. The correction that will fix this will come, driven by society itself. People think they are entitled, and the upper middle class is a big part of what is to come. Many in that class think they are better than those below them. When the numbers of these were low, it wasn't a problem but there are too many in this class and they pass the money amongst themselves instead of creating real jobs for the lower middle class. We can only have so many consumer oriented jobs, we need more manufacturing jobs to create needed things in our everyday life. We need small markets and hardwares that form a stable economy.

The economy of the USA is going to flop shortly, most people who aren't even conspiracy theorists are silently preparing for that around here. It doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to know an area needs to be somewhat self sufficient.

The ones who will make it through this will be the ones who are aware and awake to what is about to happen. It won't be an apocalypse, it will be a major correction probably blessed by the governments around the world. A collapse that is controlled would be much better than one that is chaotic. Don't go nuts. Just make people aware of what can and probably will eventually happen and stock up what you need to last about two months for the family. Remember that a community that sticks together is better than being one that kills each other off and resorts to chaos. Just because someone was stupid to believe none of this could happen and didn't prepare, doesn't mean they have no right to survive. If they ask you for food if something happens, help them out. If they try to steal your food, you know what to do. There is always something that needs to be done around the place, barter.

Am I a conspiracy theorist? Don't know...I think I am more of a realist myself...someone who looks at both sides of history and both sides of what is happening. Those big camps built out there were not designed for the common docile person. They were designed for the ones who would do anything to others to survive. Made for the bad guys in my book. Those who would take advantage of those that are struggling to survive.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Good clarification. I suspect that is a fairly accurate summary. I for one will be the first to tell you "I don't know" when it comes to some conspiracy topics. I always try to look at it from the angle of, "Well, either there is something is really amiss, or our 'leaders,' et cetera are not very 'bright.' If the latter be true rather than the former, what's that say about the rest of the populace?"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join