It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeopardy winner a lie!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Software engineer Ken Jennings won 74 straight Jeopardy contests in a 2004 run, amassing more than $2.5M in cash and prizes. I am sure it has crossed EVERYONES mind. What if this guy is a fake? What if the past few months have all been a lie?

Link

See, the ratings HAVE gone up...

Is it all a set-up?

[edit on 24-11-2004 by MacKiller]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think the competitors who've spent years and years prepairing for the show would cry foul the second they had any indication of it.

Is he still winning? I havent watched this week.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I think the guy is a walking, talking encyclopedia, there are people who retain trivial information like a sponge! The game shows are very careful to follow the rules, they don't want any more scandals!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I said it as a joke.

My G/F's dad was watching Ken compete every night. One night I spoke up and said it's all a stunt.

The show would have to had pay a winner any winner something. So in order to get the ratings up and save some money, they bring this guy in, tell him, we'll pay you $100,000 to appear on the show and make a run... it will appear that you will have won over $2 million, but we'll give you the $100k and you keep your mouth shut.

The ratings go up and they save money from what actual winners would have won ?

Just my thought ?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
If it is a lie, it wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened. Quiz Show - anyone?.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have a friend who made it all the way to the championships (taped in the spring, aired in August).

I asked her the same thing, she actually got to meet with him. She said he was incredibly intelligent. She also said there's no way it could be staged.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Game show prizes are sponsored.

While it is easy to rig game shows, reduction in prize redemption is not an incentive to do so.

top topics

join