It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See The Salaries Of Michelle Obama’s 26 Servants, Paid With Your Taxes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

They should not be fired, but the government should be cutting on their spending on lavish lifestyle just like they want to cut on everything else.

Because that is what is call, lavish.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by elouina

26 salaries to 26 American citizens who will spend their money in America (mostly).

Why is this a problem?
you know why. The slaves shouldn't be telling white massa what to do.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I don't get it.
Are these people supposed to work for free?
And all those salaries fall in the middle class.

This is not an issue.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

AlphaHawk
reply to post by elouina

26 salaries to 26 American citizens who will spend their money in America (mostly).

Why is this a problem?
you know why. The slaves shouldn't be telling white massa what to do.

When in doubt play the race card.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

No it's part of the job. Diplomatic gatherings hosting dignitaries from other countries is all part of running the country but I don't expect anyone here to grasp this concept since they have a problem paying a support staff to get these things done. Hey guess what they get a redecorating budget too. The kids get to pick how they want their rooms to look. Nit picking nonsense.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well I was recently in threads about tax evasion and how something like $30 Trillion is hidden by the super rich in offshore accounts.

Also something like the richest 100 people on the planet own half of the worlds wealth.

When we've sorted all of that out, when we have dealt with the abuse and tax evasion and illegal practices of corporations, then maybe we should worry about getting a worse chef for Barry.... or getting a cheaper hairdresser for Michelle.

Nobody mentioned this kind of stuff for any other president, it wasn't an issue.
All of a sudeen, it's Evil Obama and his wasteful ways.
It's pathetic and transparent.

I think it IS an issue and the world is completely unequal and unfair and people need to rise up and do something, but there are far, far worse offenders that the POTUS

edit on 7/3/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You don't get it which is why I starred alpha hawk but didn't star or flag you.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

What's lavish about it. It's how to run a country. I
These are necessary staff members.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

Like that brilliance you just spewed huh?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Though it seems First Ladies have had need of assistance since the beginning. See excerpt from Wikipedia

Martha Washington was upset when her lady's maid Oney Judge, a "dower" slave, escaped in 1796 from the Philadelphia household during Washington's second term. According to interviews with Judge in the 1840s, the First Lady had promised the young woman as a wedding gift to her granddaughter Elizabeth Parke Custis in Virginia and Judge feared she would never gain freedom.[16] She hid with free black friends in the city, who helped arrange her travel by ship to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. There she married and had three children. Patricia Brady, in her 2005 biography of Martha Washington, writes: "Martha felt a responsibility for the unsophisticated girl under her care, especially since her mother and sister were expecting to see her back at Mount Vernon. What she could never understand was that [Oney had...] a simple desire to be free. Ona, as she preferred to call herself, wanted to live where she pleased, do what work she pleased, and learn to read and write [...] Ona Judge professed a great regard for Martha and the way she had been treated, but she couldn't face a future as a slave for herself and her children."[17] Washington's slave Hercules, who had worked as his chief cook at the President's House (Philadelphia) before being returned to Mount Vernon in 1796, escaped from there on February 22, 1797.[18] He was known to have traveled to Philadelphia and by December 1801 was living in New York City.[19][20] His six-year-old daughter, still enslaved at Mount Vernon, told a visitor that she was glad her father was free.[21] By 1799 the number of Martha Washington's "dower" slaves had grown to 153; George Washington owned 124 people, and at least a dozen Washington-owned slaves intermarried. Washington's will[22] stipulated that his own slaves were to be set free after his wife's death so that intermarried families would not be broken up.

Certainly, we can't expect not to pay those who assist. We should be thankful they no longer need over a hundred on their staff!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

VoidHawk
Meanwhile, those who seek welfare to prevent their families starving to death are told they are scroungers and a burden to the tax payer!

And people wonder why we use the word "sheeple".
who says this? You? I don't say that. I say let's make sure no one goes hungry or lives on the street .

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No one asked me to sacrifice anything. Did I just not get the letter or what. What did they ask you to give up? Can you post a photo of that letter requesting your sacrifice?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

grey580
reply to post by elouina

I don't get it.
Are these people supposed to work for free?
And all those salaries fall in the middle class.

This is not an issue.

Not to the minimum wage earners on ATS. This is a fortune to them that's why they are up in arms. They look at these like they are high salaries.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

blupblup

Well I was recently in threads about tax evasion and how something like $30 Trillion is hidden by the super rich in offshore accounts.

We have many threads on that issue, is a shame , but corruption runs deep within our government and their benefactors.

Also something like the richest 100 people on the planet own half of the worlds wealth.

That is true, is call the NWO and taking away from the wealth of nations is their agenda, at least most of them.

When we've sorted all of that out, when we have dealt with the abuse and tax evasion and illegal practices of corporations, then maybe we should worry about getting a worse chef for Barry.... or getting a cheaper hairdresser for Michelle.

Sadly that is not going to happen, America is run by a corporate dictatorship and they get to pay for the laws and politicians in the nation.

And as for Michelle well when millions in America has lost their jobs in Obama's economy they should live by example when sacrifices are forced into the tax payers.

Nobody mentioned this kind of stuff for any other president, it wasn't an issue.
All of a sudeen, it's Evil Obama and his wasteful ways.
It's pathetic and transparent.

Yes we have, I have been here for 10 years and let me tell you, we have thousands of threads on The Bush administration waste and abuse.

I think it IS an issue and the world is completely unequal and unfair and people need to rise up and do something, but there are far, far worse offenders that the POTUS

Yes the world is unfair, but when our top leader wife surround herself with a lavish lifestyle when millions lose their jobs and should be having cuts in welfare so the government can save money to have the First lady surrounding herself with 20 servants it makes not darn sense.
edit on 7-3-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

So naïve.... see whenever you pay taxes out of your hard earned dollars for waste and abuse, that is a sacrifice that you as a hard worker and tax payer have to do.

Now, if you live or are on welfare then you have nothing to worry about. Right?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Some of them aren't bad at all! In fact, $36,000 a year for working for the first lady? I make more than that at the NHS... Which is also tax money

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

how much mail does she get then?.. I mean if she needs to have assistants to just open and read her mail it must be a lot.

I mean its not like she does any press-conferences, public appearences, or other PR -type-stuff, right?

oh wait

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by elouina

Why is this a problem?

I fully agree. Kindly pay for my 26 staff with your money, and I promise to hire Americans who will spend money in America.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

elouina
1.$172,2000 – Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2.$140,000 – Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3.$113,000 – Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
4.$102,000 – Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5.$102,000 – Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6.$90,000 – Medina, David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7.$84,000 – Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8.$75,000 – Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9.$70,000 – Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10.$65,000 – Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11.$65,000 – Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12.$62,000 – Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13.$60,000 – Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14.$60,000 – Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15.$52,500 – Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
16.$50,000 – Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
17.$45,000 – Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18.$45,000 – Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19.$40,000 – Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20.$36,000 – Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21.$36,000 – Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22.$36,000 – Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
Desiree Rogers -Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary,”
Natalie Bookey - staff assistant
Johnny Wright - Hair dresser (full time)
Grimes-Miles - makeup artist (full time)

edit on 7-3-2014 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Those are not 'lavish' expenditures. While I hate her just as much as the next tax payer, these salaries don't speak the volumes that I think the OP would like them to. $100,000 is a comfortable living, with 40% of it going to state and federal taxes, the person in question really only nets $60k, or $5k/mo. That's not a lot.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
July 25, 2016

Fast forward to today. Michelle is not only "proud" of America, but now, thanks to her husband, the United States of America is "the greatest country on Earth", she said during her speech at the convention tonight.

Meanwhile, every speaker at the DNC convention is saying how bad America is in jobs, race relations, poor pay, etc... After 8 years of the Barack Obama presidency only his wife Michelle feels that things are better than they've ever been.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join