It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets try decode a Greek myth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You dont have it on ATS, so I decided to give it a go... Its a tool, knowledge from our myths - hidden messages.
In prev topics, I ve talked about the 8 sirens that Odysseus encountered in his journey. I explained what the sirens are. Here is the link... www.abovetopsecret.com...

In this topic, I will tell you what Odysseus did, when he finally arrived into Ithaki, his kingdom, That was filled with potential lovers for his beloved Penelope.

The most powerful competitors he had to face, (I will place them by order, according to our books).

Antinoos, Evrymaxos, Amfinomos and the last one was Agelaos.

Our ancients loved to speak with aligory and merge words.

Anti-noos - the one who is against knowledge, manipulates knowledge, change truths, blur the human minds. Anti (is the opposite) and noo-nohsh (is knowledge, information).

So Odysseus choose first Antinoos with an arrow in his neck! Why in his neck? Not be able to speak, communicate, not be able to lie and manipulate humans anymore.

The next Odysseus target is Evrymaxos - Evry (wide) maxos (the one who fights with any means, the cruel warrior).

The third is Amfinomos. Amfi-nomos. The one who controls the law and manipulates it and acts against real justice.

And the last one is Age-laos - (Ago means, I direct, controll) and laos (population of a country) The one who controls the government, the leader, the one who controls populations with the help of Antinoos (media). They control the sheep's.

This is the order Odysseus choose, to kill his enemies and made it, to take back his kingdom and finally found peace and returned into his wife. I hope you liked it. If you need some explanation about the words, how Anti-noos means what I ve said, just ask me to give you references from vocabularies..
edit on 7-3-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

I liked that a lot. I'll do my own verification. Good to learn from our own will.

So Lying is the worst one?

Too bad it's so much harder in real life than just being a hero and shooting an arrow.

I was also wondering. This is talking about his kingdom like a land outside of you right? It doesn't also go into psychology preventing ones own self from lying does it? I wonder which way it was meant.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightLight

Odysseus in general is a book that means allot of things. Sirens as I said, translate into an entire system. What Odysseus did, he fought an infrastructure, a system... be able to get his kingdom back and finally to make it back home.

KnightLight

I was also wondering. This is talking about his kingdom like a land outside of you right? It doesn't also go into psychology preventing ones own self from lying does it? I wonder which way it was meant.

As u may know, Odysseus left Ithaki and travelled away from his home. He fought and experienced many things in his way back... witches, sirens, monsters... And when he got back, his home was filled with potential lovers, to steal his wife and kingdom.

But Odysseus jurney, means other things also. The reason and the creation of sirens, that Odysseus faced and spend most of his years, created by the sisters of Medussa (the reptile), the reason they created the sirens, was to glamur humans, "make them forget who they trully are", so the sisters can gain time and find a way out. Because the sisters of medussa, fall and trapped, after medussas death.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

You mean they wish to make us forget what? that we are god? Or something like this?

I remember one time I had a dream within a dream. In that dream 2 layers down I met a very tall man. He judged me in 4 sentences, and my soul or subconscious let it all in, without my permission. I had no time to resist. I thought I was on the right path. I was wrong. I was only falling for other false perceptions. Hubris was a big part. I felt really dumb after that. I was just as bad as everyone else.

Is it a mental battle totally, or is their a physical or spiritual side to it do you think? Meaning are "demons" products of our un enlightened mind resisting our progress.
edit on 7-3-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Ploutonas, If you really want to tie poor old Homer into allegories, look closer at the name Penelope, and her son, Telemachus. Is Penelope, from the Hebrew, Peni El, or God's face, only a description of her beauty, or can it mean the same thing when this is found at the tag end of the Book of Genesis? Hint, beauty is only skin deep. Genesis and Edgar Cayce used this word to mean something quite different, Peniel, as a place or a Human, who touches God's face and lives to tell the tale. Homer puts in the extra twist, that being Telemachus, her son, "he who wars from afar". This starts to sound like modern day drone warfare. Or better yet, "from Telemachus' lips, straight to God's ear". Telemachus carries Queen Penelope's feminine mito-chondrial DNA, from all of her female ancestors in that bloodline. Homer would only know this as a bloodline, male and female, of this Queen's forebears.

If this heroic poem is really an allegory or "horse opera", like you suggest, then could it also hide the same end time prophecy, as Edgar Cayce's, 1936 outburst, naming his own end time hero, "Jon Peniel"? Or are you merely reading too much into an ancient poem?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It would in some way be arrogant to assume any Homeric verse or those from the Epic Cycle are in any way tied to our present other than the shared tragedy of human nature. Greek civilization, like ours but far more ancient remembers a long and varied history and most of it is lost to us.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If I was to interpret it as a literary work, I would say that the competitors he faces are actually facets of his own personality that he has to rise above to be worthy of his bride.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Oh my beloved Homer..

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Here is a nice addition to the topic, for who Anti-noos is and why he had to die first.

edit on 24-3-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Gamhseta that's an almost 3 hour vid

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Anti-noos - the one who is against knowledge, manipulates knowledge, change truths, blur the human minds. Anti (is the opposite) and noo-nohsh (is knowledge, information).

So Odysseus choose first Antinoos with an arrow in his neck! Why in his neck? Not be able to speak, communicate, not be able to lie and manipulate humans anymore.

The next Odysseus target is Evrymaxos - Evry (wide) maxos (the one who fights with any means, the cruel warrior).

The third is Amfinomos. Amfi-nomos. The one who controls the law and manipulates it and acts against real justice.

And the last one is Age-laos - (Ago means, I direct, controll) and laos (population of a country) The one who controls the government, the leader, the one who controls populations with the help of Antinoos (media). They control the sheep's.

That makes a lot of sense, to me. take out the controller, the one that weaves the lie. take out the enforcers, then the ones that sit on the corrupt legal system. then, and only after you have taken out these guys (the arms) do you go for the head. Seems to me like we should be following Odysseus' example.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

S&F

Thank you very much for sharing the allegories behind the Sirens and Odyseus' competitors. I have been having fun recently exploring the allegories, metaphors, and archetypes of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible using etymologies of words and root-words of Hebrew, Greek, and Latin origins. Homophones and homonyms of modern English also play a unique role into my independent research regarding the O.T. and N.T. It appears as though the art of language, script, and literature veils many underlying concepts hidden from the masses.

Do you have any more word-etymology allegorical examples from Greek mythology? I find this field of research rather fascinating.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Good stuff, you are not being unreasonable to allegorize this story as that is what the ancient Greeks did. Up until the common era these stories were used in this way, like scriptures.

For me there is really only one story that weaves throughout all of our mythology. It is written into the fabric of our reality through archetypes. These signs are given to show us the way home. Like Odyseus we must overcome our own monsters, or Giants in the case of David, these are not external IMO, they may manifest in the mind of man and play out in society by evil men, but ultimately they are within us all (Vader/Luke on Dagobah).

The entire book of Revelation is telling this story. The beast/antichrist is our own beastly nature. We are called out of babylon, the external church "come out of her my people". When Christ is speaking to the churches it says :

to the church at_______ ,then it also says to those that overcome I will give a white stone, share of the tree of life, a new name etc.

To overcome is the hero's journey

top topics

join