It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignoring...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The ignore button and reporting to mods is about the lamest crap that ever hit forums. I don't even remember half the crap I post nor care really. It's just the internet for Christ's sakes! Seriously, putting soo much merit into this hoopla is the same kind of thing that makes kids take facebook to heart, to the point where they commit suicide.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

How exactly does saying 'it's just the internet' justify anything? Are you forgetting that you're dealing with actual real people on the other side of the screen?

That is part of the problem. We don't care about what we don't see, which is why the world is the way it is. We are way too apathetic to care about what happens somewhere else. Maybe someone being an asshole on the internet is the last straw for someone to commit suicide, or go shooting up a school and then kill himself. But we don't care because we don't see it, and we only care about ourselves, and not the pain someone else might be in. It's the same thing that the elite use to justify bombing millions of people overseas. Until we learn to care more than just about our own miserable lives, everyone else's lives (including our own) will remain miserable.

If I notice that someone has that way of thinking constantly, I prefer to put them on ignore with a simple ignore button. They will not help me with anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have had some not so nice intermingles with others here on this board, not many but some.
What makes me disagree with you is that more than one of those posters here have posted either threads or just posts that made me sit up and take note.

If I was employing the ignore button I would have missed some very good information.
Now I read all posts even if they may annoy me......Live and learn I say and listen to what others have to say like it or not.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 9-3-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Its simple, dont feed the trolls. They will fly under T n C, make you loose your mind, act crazy then get in trouble. All the while they dont get a scratch. Sad to say I reported, and never heard anything back from the mods that told me they were looking into the matter. Not to say the mods dont care, they are probably just too busy sometimes, and I can dig that. So here in the Congo we call ATS, I take care not to feed them anymore. You cant reason with them.

Trust me I learned the hard way, a few times..LOL.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
reply to post by DrumsRfun

You should try being one of us for a few days

It gives you a whole different appreciation of this place!

(Glad I'm not wrong
)

~Tenth
I'm open to that actually xD

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: vasaga

You don't need a button to ignore someone.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: vasaga

You don't need a button to ignore someone.

amen....a total lack of self control is displayed when we have to have a special button to remind us that such and such person is not worth it.

It's tantamount to the people who decide one day to leave ATS and just HAVE to make a last post about how ATS has slipped or how they've become today's newest martyr. It boggles the mind really. If you're unhappy with something, leave it be

Yeah there are members here who I think are just not worth the effort. I don't go parading their names or walking off ATS in a huff...I just ignore them and don't need a button to "make" me do it

JMHO of course

feel free to ignore me
edit on 17-6-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join