It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is is possible that the country of Ukraine still has nuclear weapons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I'm not debating some weapons grade material went missing.im debating that it didn't happen with the Ukraine The US and UK only entered into treaty arrangements with Ukraine, Kazhakstan and Belarus. We were a part of the disarmament procedures and inspections. Being that there is actual evidence showing showing that those three nations completely disarmed, it is Imperative that so,etching,ore substantial than a scoot do style hunch is used as evidence that they're still holding them when in fact the majority of "loose nukes" are actually from Russia proper itself, not the breakaway republics. Additionally, what was actually missing wasn't functioning warheads, it is unaccounted for weapons grade Uranium and Plutonium,again,missing from Russia not Ukraine, Belarus or Kazhakstan. I've seen the links regarding "loose nukes" but I've yet to see anything that specifically ties Ny of it to Ukraine and I HAVE seen a great deal of evidence that they legitimately gave them all up. There would have to be several countries as well as the UN in on the take for that to happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It's certainly possible that they did not turn over all their nuclear weapons. In addition, they certainly have the potential to make more or update the ones they may have kept, signatories to the treaty or not. It wasn't as if they all trusted each other all of a sudden after the split. My gut feel is that there are probably a few countries with nukes who won't/don't admit they have nukes. Israel for one. Saudi Arabia for another. (ETA: Gut feel = Overall assessment after much reading and many conversations and a lot of people watching for many decades,)
edit on 3/7/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

They do seem to have all the needed equipment, facilities and comprehend the technology.

During the former Soviet Union Nuclear weapons were build at facilities in Ukraine to that purpose.

edit on 7-3-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

During WW2 the Ukrainian soldiers fought against the Russians in support of Germany.

I remember reading an article which presented that today practically every country in the world has at least one nuclear bomb in their possession.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

During that war a lot of things happened and there was also a huge resistance. It's pretty damn complicated.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What about the missing suitcase nukes?

Lebed claimed they were missing about a 100 of them back in the 90's.

Russia's Lost Suitcase Nukes

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

peter vlar
reply to post by Kashai

I'm not debating some weapons grade material went missing.im debating that it didn't happen with the Ukraine The US and UK only entered into treaty arrangements with Ukraine, Kazhakstan and Belarus. We were a part of the disarmament procedures and inspections. Being that there is actual evidence showing showing that those three nations completely disarmed, it is Imperative that so,etching,ore substantial than a scoot do style hunch is used as evidence that they're still holding them when in fact the majority of "loose nukes" are actually from Russia proper itself, not the breakaway republics. Additionally, what was actually missing wasn't functioning warheads, it is unaccounted for weapons grade Uranium and Plutonium,again,missing from Russia not Ukraine, Belarus or Kazhakstan. I've seen the links regarding "loose nukes" but I've yet to see anything that specifically ties Ny of it to Ukraine and I HAVE seen a great deal of evidence that they legitimately gave them all up. There would have to be several countries as well as the UN in on the take for that to happen.

If you were the leader of a country that made nuclear weapons and the Russians were enemies during World War 2 meaning you are a conquered territory, would you not hide as much as you could, all the things needed to make your own bombs.

Would you then make your own bombs?

During the Start1 the Ukrainian government argued they wanted to keep 46 MRIV'ed ICBM's because they were constructed from scratch in the Ukraine and therefore were Ukrainian in every respect.

Your saying a bunch of paper work proves something? To be clear it really does not.

Humans lie about things if its in there best interest and in this case it turns out it would have been.

edit on 7-3-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join