It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oppression of the Soul!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

The "Mother Earth" concept is overrated. What force is greater; the force of the Earth or the force that created the Earth?

If we stop the intake of God's word, we stop converting 'gnosis' (God's word) into 'epignosis' (God's wisdom). Its similar to holding your breath...eventually you will feel the desire to breathe. When we stop the intake of God's 'gnosis', we will eventually create a vacuum in the soul and desparately seek to inhale anything. When we choose false 'gnosis' over God's Word, we begin to accumilate false ideas and therefore create scar-tissue in the soul.

If you are attempting to "Christianize" and sanitize Gnosticism it wont work.
gnosis is self knowledge, it cannot come from your pastor
The Pistis Sophia is the Universal Mother
A Father without the Mother is incomplete
The Father can be likened to the Sun, The Mother the Earth,
I respect the father and the mother,
I dont go to the extreme that some do with the Gaia Mother,
However the Patriarchal religions have done much damage
The 3 Abrahamaic Religions with their adoration of the lower entity controlling this earth, this demiurge
does not have Humans best interest at heart

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

I agree that all being should seek spiritual knowledge and connection with god. That is why I oppose small minded thinking that seem to follow certain man made religions and dualistic dogmas. From my point of view they are more in the way of finding god on all levels than any help.

Some religions/faiths are abusive and some are gentle/kind. Only the gentle/kind should be allowed to foster a soul.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

They're equally powerful. Without your body you would have no soul or spirit or life. You need both the visible and invisible (Mother and Father) to have life. One is no greater than the other.

Symbiosis is the key and always was.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The ideal thing would be to not oppress the soul and for that one needs to get in harmony with the soul by not giving free reign to the base desires but rather channel them in the right ways to achieve a balance.

But if the soul incarnates into this life to taste and learn and progress and sometimes to regress; what will be will be.
To deny, to abstain of the tastes of this mortal coil may just as logically deny the soul the chance to learn.
Base desire is what physicality IS. We would not incarnate in this plain if we did not wish to experience base & "less carnal" desire

We are always connected to "god" through the Silver Cord.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

FlyersFan
The soul IS the person ... the soul IS the will of the person.
You are your soul and the body is just the shell that it travels in.
Therefore, if a person rejects God, it is the soul rejecting God ...
You can't separate the soul from the person and their decisions.

The soul is the conscious you.

I do not agree with your definition that the soul is the conscious you since in my definition of the soul it is in the unconscious. A consciousness can temporarily be very angry and hateful towards the view of god the consciousness has (due to man miss representing god in religion) and still be in the unconscious soul knowing the true path to god. When the ego/consciousness lets go and let the soul show the way then the unconscious information can surface to the consciousness and real progress in creating a symbiosis between soul, consciousness and body can be made.

Another way of saying this is to see your life as an mmo rpg. The body is the avatar you are playing. The consciousness is the character you have chosen to play. The player is the soul who shines thru in how the character should be played but sometimes not to much since you do wanna really role play the character to get the experience of being that character.
edit on 7-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheConstruKctionofLight

I only use 'gnosis' in the context that Apostle Paul used. He borrowed the term from the Gnostics, but was not promoting Gnosticism. Pastors teach the word of God, therefore they teach the gnosis of God.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

TheConstruKctionofLight

The ideal thing would be to not oppress the soul and for that one needs to get in harmony with the soul by not giving free reign to the base desires but rather channel them in the right ways to achieve a balance.

But if the soul incarnates into this life to taste and learn and progress and sometimes to regress; what will be will be.
To deny, to abstain of the tastes of this mortal coil may just as logically deny the soul the chance to learn.
Base desire is what physicality IS. We would not incarnate in this plain if we did not wish to experience base & "less carnal" desire

We are always connected to "god" through the Silver Cord.

Who believes in incarnation? You!

It could well be justifications and rationalisations to keep getting desires fulfilled.

I also did not suggest complete abstinence rather proper channelling and balance.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I guess calling it pagan is a way for you to dismiss it? There's nothing pagan about Mother Earth, unless you think reality is pagan.

Yes, Earth nourishes us, and look at the respect we give her. We exploit her and kill her for profit. We have removed her from heaven in order to profit off of her. Why do you think Abrahamic religion didn't give her any credit? Because they want to exploit her and hide our true place within heaven, you can't do that unhindered if the people know she is the true Bride and worthy of just as much respect as Father.
edit on 3/7/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

I guess calling it pagan is a way for you to dismiss it? There's nothing pagan about Mother Earth, unless you think reality is pagan.

Yes, Earth nourishes us, and look at the respect we give her. We exploit her and kill her for profit. We have removed her from heaven in order to profit off of her. Why do you think Abrahamic religion didn't give her any credit? Because they want to exploit her and hide our true place within heaven, you can't do that unhindered if the people know she is the true Bride and worthy of just as much respect as Father.

Respect the created as much as the Creator? THANKS BUT NO THANKS!!

I Believe in giving the earth the rights it deserves. I however cannot agree to make it a deity.

Putting everything in the form of human relations is pagan. Father,mother,son etc!

If earth is a bride and God is also its Creator (Father) then you are glorifying a sick incestuous idea!!

You are free to use poetic ideas to explain your views but I don't subscribe to them and my opinion of them is that they are fine to generally encourage good but sick to make some kind of theology around it!!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

So you don't think Earth created you? Where did you get your body from? Where did your ancestors get theirs? What was Adam created from? The dirt on the ground. Earth is just as much a part of you as God is, in fact Earth is the other half you're missing to truly understand God and yourself. When God created Adam from dirt and breathed life into him, it was an expression of the union between the Earth (dirt) and Spirit (breath). That fact has been lost to translation, interpretation, and creation of misogynistic religion.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I Believe in giving the earth the rights it deserves. I however cannot agree to make it a deity.

May I ask you a few questions? If you disregard (do not revere) the well-being of the earth, aren't you speeding up the demise of our civilization? If you treat others the way you'd like to be treated, why would you not treat your HOME (the Earth) the way she should be treated? If it wasn't for the Earth and its position in the solar system, we could not survive. If she goes, we all go with her.

However, if we care for the Earth, AND treat each other (and animals) as we would want to be treated, isn't that doing the will of "God"? Why would you neglect the creation, which holds the key to your very life, but "worship" an unseen, invisible, incomprehensible "force" that created it to begin with?

Shouldn't all of creation be treated with reverence?
Do you have any children?

Maybe it's similar to how people who haven't worked for what they have don't value those 'things' - you give a kid a new car every time she crashes it - or you have her work for and then care for her own. Which one is she more likely to attend to?

The Earth was GIVEN to us; should we not care what happens to her?

edit on 3/7/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

So you don't think Earth created you? Where did you get your body from? Where did your ancestors get theirs? What was Adam created from? The dirt on the ground. Earth is just as much a part of you as God is, in fact Earth is the other half you're missing to truly understand God and yourself. When God created Adam from dirt and breathed life into him, it was an expression of the union between the Earth (dirt) and Spirit (breath). That fact has been lost to translation, interpretation, and creation of misogynistic religion.

No earth did not create me!
I do not think earth(planet) is a living being. It supports life because it was created to do that.
The Earth is worshipping its Creator in that way and I believe that I should worship the same Creator.
In this way I am in harmony with earth without feeling the need to worship it or associate it with God in any way.

It's about putting everything in the right place. The sun is essential for life too so lets include sun in worship! Oh the trees and algae give oxygen lets bow down to them too!!

For me it's simple. Lets just worship the Creator of all this and respect these things in a limit without making the grave error of associating with God just because He is hidden and these things are more apparent!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

When did I say we should not care for earth??
I feel disgusted by ideas of some people that because they will soon leave earth they shouldn't care and make a mess!!

God gave us the Earth to care for! And only the ones who would care for it deserve heaven.

I am just disagreeing to making earth a deity.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Lets just worship the Creator of all this and respect these things in a limit without making the grave error of associating with God just because He is hidden and these things are more apparent

Me again, hope you don't mind.

This declaration above seems incongruent to me. The Creator created everything, correct? Humans are not just floating in the vacuum of space - we have a home, an environment that provides for us everything needed. If the Creator were an "employer" (which arguably could be said), and the wages are "life" - and the Creator set you up with a home, food, water, air, sunshine, etc. so you could do your job - would you trash the Creator's things and still expect to have a bonus?

It doesn't make sense to me. The wonder and awe of all of this that we can see deserves our utmost respect and care.
In my opinion. I think that's what the Creator would want. Not ingrates who are only self-absorbed and concerned with their own well-being in an imagined "afterlife". We don't even know if there is truly an afterlife. That notion might be simply a method of dealing with the knowledge that our bodies will perish eventually. Comforting for some, terrifying for others.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Okay, I saw your reply. Thank you.

Some individuals feel that all of Creation is an emanation of the Divine. We and all we see are part of that Divine Force from whence we came, and to whom we give credit for our existence. Therefore - all worthy of reverence and thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

logical7

For me it's simple. Lets just worship the Creator of all this and respect these things in a limit without making the grave error of associating with God just because He is hidden and these things are more apparent!!!

Loving creation vs loving god. Or loving both creation on all levels including god.

If humanity fail to steward as they where told to do then there will be consequences on all levels for all who have created this mess.

This is a beautiful little planet in a beautiful little solar system in a beautiful little galaxy where I temporary can experience what it means to be human. If humanity do screw up and destroy themselves and this planet then I will probably come back (under gods guidance) as something else to restore this planet to a natural state again so that life can continue on this planet like it should.

The soul is not earthly just the body.
edit on 7-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Imagine keeping a baby away from its mother. Everyone would agree that the one who did that is cruel!!!
So what if a soul craves for a connection with divine the same way, how cruel it would be to prevent that??!!!

What if the soul craves the divine like an addict craves heroin? That only by breaking this addiction can the soul live a fulfilling life? How cruel it would be to let this addiction continue.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Why?
If we worship the earth or the sun, or trees and oxygen, or water and fire, soil and animals, will that "upset the Creator"? Which "created" it for us (if one believes that is the case, of course)?

Why would the Creator care if we revere the gifts given freely?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Where did the body you inhabit come from though? It was made from the Earth as is everything you know. I think it deserves just as much respect as the invisible because it is what sustains you and gives you understanding.

And yes, Earth most definitely is alive. Did you manage to see the thread about how wolves changed rivers? Here's the video:

Everything lives in balance.... except humans. Why do you think that is? Because we've been taught not to live in balance with nature and our Mother. Why? Because those at the top, the same ones behind religion, want to profit off of her resources.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

LesMisanthrope

Imagine keeping a baby away from its mother. Everyone would agree that the one who did that is cruel!!!
So what if a soul craves for a connection with divine the same way, how cruel it would be to prevent that??!!!

What if the soul craves the divine like an addict craves heroin? That only by breaking this addiction can the soul live a fulfilling life? How cruel it would be to let this addiction continue.

Hope you are having a great time after your de-addiction !!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join