It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Place for All Americans: "Melting Pot" Hangout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey you guys, y'all, you'ens, peeps, etc.:

I placed this in BTS/OT so that we can casually discuss instead of debate about our diversity & commonality as Americans...& our struggles & triumphs as groups & individuals...

Lately, I have felt more than frustrated about how Americans are portrayed, or possibly how our government has sometimes let us down...

Let this be a thread where you share all things you cherish about your past, present, & future as an American, including:

1) Genealogy & Origins/Roots in/to America
2) Culture (including American arts, literature, music, media, food, holidays, etc.)
3) Spirituality &/or Religion in America
4) Views on Politics, Education, Careers in America
&
5) Anything you want to discuss about America as an American! Share :-)

May the dialogue begin...

edit on 6-3-2014 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

well let me start by saying thanks for starting this.

I think it is sad to say but America has no and never will have any history or culture.

I say that because where I live we had an old stone building, the original town hospital. They tore it down to make more parking.

I worked on the hospital. They built a small monument from the stone but ....

My grandfather and grandmother came from Scotland, that makes me of Scottish descent but I am not Scottish. I am American.

Until everybody that lives in this country calls themselves American, we shall never be whole

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

tinner07

well let me start by saying thanks for starting this.

I think it is sad to say but America has no and never will have any history or culture.

I say that because where I live we had an old stone building, the original town hospital. They tore it down to make more parking.

I worked on the hospital. They built a small monument from the stone but ....

My grandfather and grandmother came from Scotland, that makes me of Scottish descent but I am not Scottish. I am American.

Until everybody that lives in this country calls themselves American, we shall never be whole

If I were to take a guess are you from Detroit? I'm sorry to hear what you've had to go through with your home place

Find yourself lucky if you can narrow it down to only Scottish ancestors...both sides, I'm assuming? Do you know your cities, towns, clans of origin or even want to?

I am an all American mongrel with Irish, Scottish, English, German, Dutch, Cherokee & Shawnee roots - as I get older I become more interested more.

I'm happy to make this thread as an American if only as a springboard for us to unite in cyberspace. :-)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Not sure what you mean?

The purpose is mostly to inform & entertain?

My idea for creation was based on numerous Brit, Celtic, etc. on BTS

edit on 6-3-2014 by BurningSpearess because: eta

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I'm an American. I'm mostly German actually. I miss the 90s before everything seems to have gotten corrupted. I never liked society (maybe that's my Native American speaking).. Now all I want to do is find some way to fix society. I've grown up a lot and I have seen my country falling. I was once in the Army, and later I was working under Homeland Security (under not in, but I have 5 years on an NDA so..)

Basketball is the best sport ever, Duke and UNC play again on Saturday so time for Duke to lose again haha..

Mostly though I don't participate in mass mind control besides that. I like to talk about philosophy and expand peoples minds to be able to think with out words which limit you to 3D thinking. (UP in heaven, DOWN in the rankings, BACK in time, working THROUGH it, OVER achiever, UNDER appreciated, Moving FORWARD)

I like older music like George Harrison or Bob Marley. Real music as I call it, but it doesn't have to be old. I work my azz off everyday making $9.00 an hour. I walk 6 miles a day (to and from work)
I want to have kids some time and so I must defend everything I think they deserve.
I am a democrat (turned more hardcore libertarian [there is nothing you should be able to tell me about what I am doing that hurts no one or nothing]) who NOW supports gun rights to the fullest extent as stated in the Second Amendment. If they want a New World Order they will have to do it peacefully and with a willing public.

I don't like Obama and didn't like Bush. I'm a conspiracy guy, so ya know..

Mostly I just like being left alone. I help people who ask for help, but in general I leave other people alone. I want my country to be like that.

I am on Gods side (not the christain God who acts goodly and badly, but the creator of all, or the existence itself)..

Love is all you need.... In a lot of cases, but I don't trust that against true evil, and so I plan on exercising a right I have never used before. Some day soon I will own a fire arm, and no one will take it from me until all militaries, and police forces give up theirs.

I would love to visit all the world someday and I don't want it to look like home.

That's the born and raised liberal hippy for you.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

No one is required to post.

We Americans need to unite/connect right now.

This is Offtopic, not ATS

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

edit on 6-3-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Wonderful idea for a thread! Thank you and I look forward to seeing others contributions as well!

I'm predominantly of Scottish (Clan Stirling), Irish, English, German, Dutch, Swede ancestry with a touch of Shawnee. Daughter of the American Revolution and still learning about the Old World histories of our Family, otherwise I'd elaborate further.

My parents are from Pennsylvania, but I was born and raised in Texas.

I absolutely adore all world cultures and cultural heritage festivals, but I predominantly celebrate and partake of the revelry of St.Patrick's Day and Oktoberfest. I love classical writings such as Bronte, but I can also slide to Bukowski in a heartbeat. My favorite American author of all time has to be Keroauc. I absolutely adore all music, ranging from classical, traditional tribal songs and drumbeats, classic country western, jazz, and of course, good old rock and roll, grunge and the folk revival of the 90's, and on occasion,even heavy industrial metal. I love all foods, you name it, I'll eat it. Usually stick with the basic Kraft Mac and Cheese and hot dogs or a simple ham and swiss sandwich on rye. My favorite pie is, yep....you guessed it...apple!

I see the beauty of all denominations and spiritual expressions, but I'm primarily fond of Native American Spirituality and feel most at peace in the Catholic Church. I attend services whenever I'm able, but the greatest "church" in the world is the world itself.

I'm not really a traditional political person. I'm a moderate independent and will support the best man for the position and I claim no exclusive rights to any Party. My education is extensive, in that I've attended so many schools over the years I've quite literally lost count. As far as careers go, I've held over 53 varied jobs (at last count) over the term of my lifetime, even though some work was only temporary. My last job was outsourced to a machine, and one day I'd like to open a small business making coffees and teas. I firmly believe that small Mom and Pop operations are wonderful, but at the same time I'm not opposed to corporations as long as they provide fair living wages, retirement plans, and healthcare for their employees and treat them like family members and engage in fair trade practices.

I believe in the beauty and potential of those who always strive for the best, never give up, never back down, care for those in need, and prefer love to war and firmly believe that We as a Nation can do anything when set our hearts and minds together!

United We Stand.

edit on 3/6/14 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling, minor addition, formatting

new topics

top topics

join