It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop kills his girlfriend's puppy then sends her a pic.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

what a lovely individual killing a puppy .

i only hope karma has a stiffy for this guy and does him good and propper

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightLight

It's just as relevant as most other professions. Would you want this man being a banker, a teacher, a businessman, a politician, a medical professional, a psychologist ... the list goes on.

The fact of the matter is that someone who would treat a dog like this and lose their temper like this really isn't fit for much in society, and as painful as it is for her, far better that he snap at their dog than that he snap on his girlfriend or worse, that they marry and he snap on their child someday.

Yes, no one likes to think about a cop being someone who could behave like this, but that's really an incidental, and it's also why it's so important that people be allowed to take responsibility for their own safety. You never know who will show up and be responsibly for it and what they may be like.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

thesaneone
This thread is not about animal abuse it's more about cop bashing.

Well, you don't get to pick what a topic is about. To me the puppy is dead, and the man needs to be punished. Puppy isn't coming back. So, the only recourse here is to get a crazy Cop off the Force. It's not bashing when someone deserves it and it's true. Think of gay bashing as a comparison. This is not the same. He's crazy, and he's guilty.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

ketsuko

It's just as relevant as most other professions. Would you want this man being a banker, a teacher, a businessman, a politician, a medical professional, a psychologist ... the list goes on.

Banker Fine,
teacher HECK NO,
businessman Fine,
politician lol Fine,
Medical professional No
Psychologist Definitely Not.

Do you see a pattern. Some things are more relevant than others. Positions of Authority and power require people who don't snap. People who are above and beyond the call.
People we can trust.

I don't trust Cops who kill puppies Sorry.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Roid rage.....

www.livescience.com...

Uncontrollable aggression. Every LEO needs to be checked bimonthly for steroid usage!! Along with alcohol abuse.

www.lawenforcementtoday.com...
edit on 6-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If anything, it makes one worried about the screening process that goes on for the hiring of new police officers. Obviously when giving away this kind of authority, deeper analysis of the person should be conducted. License to murder and all. There be psychopaths in all walks, but not all walks get a gun and protection from laws everyone else is expected to be roasted alive with.

And perhaps quarterly evaluations, its a stressful job, I am sure it takes a toll on a normal individual.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

KnightLight

ketsuko

Banker Fine,
teacher HECK NO,
businessman Fine,
politician lol Fine,
Medical professional No
Psychologist Definitely Not.

Do you see a pattern. Some things are more relevant than others. Positions of Authority and power require people who don't snap. People who are above and beyond the call.
People we can trust.

I don't trust Cops who kill puppies Sorry.

So banker, businessmen and politicians are not positions of power and authority? I beg to differ. Look around this forum every day and I think you'll find that they very much are.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Don't they say that mass murderers usually kill and abuse animals? This guy was a cop! I would have hated to be pulled over by this cop on a bad day. If he can't control his anger, and he lets all his frustrations out by being aggressive and physical, what the hell is he doing on the police force? You have to wonder if this wasn't made public, would he have killed a human being later on in the future while being on police duty? Nothing like having a fox guarding the hen house.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If this young officer is so stressed out he's taking it out on small animals, he needs to be relieved of duty until he finishes a proper pysch evaluation and treatment. There is no need for a man that young to be on the Force with such anger issues.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

ketsuko

So banker, businessmen and politicians are not positions of power and authority? I beg to differ. Look around this forum every day and I think you'll find that they very much are.

They are the ones I already don't trust and they do not have direct authority over any living person's life. None of those carry a gun or watch my kids. There is a big difference. I obviously don't want to associate with anyone who kills puppies, but a Cop tops my list, or maybe tied with a teacher.. It's unacceptable, so why are we having this dance? What's your point that it should be ok somehow?

You don't get to decide what I think is relevant. You can be lax if you wish but I am not.
edit on 6-3-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

No, it's not ok. My point is that you don't want anyone to have this kind of problem. I said it above. Someone who is ready to snap and commit this degree of violence because of it isn't really fit for any position in society.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Lysergic
If anything, it makes one worried about the screening process that goes on for the hiring of new police officers. Obviously when giving away this kind of authority, deeper analysis of the person should be conducted. License to murder and all. There be psychopaths in all walks, but not all walks get a gun and protection from laws everyone else is expected to be roasted alive with.

And perhaps quarterly evaluations, its a stressful job, I am sure it takes a toll on a normal individual.

It appears that psychopaths with a license to kill is the norm.

This behavior and worse appears to be what they are recruiting for. I have a sneaking suspicion that the majority of these cretins are bats**t crazy from the get-go.

How many times do we have to see something like this before reality finally pierces the consciousness of people?

edit on 6-3-2014 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

Thugs will be thugs.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I kind of agree. This kind of aberrant behavior can exist in non-police as well. My very disturbed ex threatened to kill my cats if I left him and made good on that for the most part. Though, according to him, he had them euthanized. Not sure if I necessarily believed him. He was a systems administrator so it's a psychotic and aberrant behavior that can exist really in any individual in any profession.

That said though, one would hope that our police were properly vetted for mental instabilities by professionals before they were given employment. On a very big other hand though, this kind of behavior is on the psychopathic side and those are a lot harder to detect because they're good at hiding their inner monstrousness.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

ketsuko

No, it's not ok. My point is that you don't want anyone to have this kind of problem. I said it above. Someone who is ready to snap and commit this degree of violence because of it isn't really fit for any position in society.

Alrighty then. Sorry for being confused.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

If this young officer is so stressed out he's taking it out on small animals, he needs to be relieved of duty until he finishes a proper pysch evaluation and treatment. There is no need for a man that young to be on the Force with such anger issues.

You would think they would have all police officers go through psych evaluations before they're hired. I would think the idea of "protect and serve" lays heavily on how cool an officer can stay under pressure. I mean when you trust police officers to carry a gun, the last thing you want is someone with no patience and a short temper. I totally agree that he should be relieved of his duty. He's too big of a risk to the public and a liability to the city in which he serves.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Before you decide to kill one of my pets, please think about this simple question.

What part of "revenge is a meal that's best served cold" don't you seem to understand?

edit on 6-3-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

Whether on not the guy was a criminal running from police, that video shows how aggressive and angry police officers can be. The guy could have been laying there dead and a group of police officers pummel him with fists. Two wrongs don't make a right. If these officers can't remain cool under pressure, maybe they should find another profession.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Lack of impulse control --even against a target that is not a threat, was 100% innocent and is not even capable of malice. The picture was a trophy, indicating psychopathy.

Damn straight it's relevant if this guy is a LEO!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

If I understand the process, there are remedial exams before deployment. The stress of the job can sometimes change a person over time. Unfortunately, there is no standard evaluation that can predict how one will stand up under the stresses of the job that I am personally aware of.

It's just sad to see things like this happen.

Hopefully, they'll up the process to include meritorious service in several avenues of prior community involvement and, personally, I'd prefer a kinder, gentler branch of Homeland Security as well.

I've met a few officers who take their position to extremes and it's always a very stressful encounter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join