It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A vast hidden surveillance network runs across America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

Meh, that does not make any sense, I have never said it should not be used,

But you did say this did you not?

I dunno but I do not believe this technology in anyway is for our own benefit.

So if it isn't going to benefit you then they shouldn't use it to find your car if it is ever stolen, now does it make sense?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Blackmarketeer
They have now monetized and securitized our daily routine, a drive to the grocery store is now some companies commodity to be sold to the highest bidder, be it LE or marketers or some stalker.

Yep, this is it in a nutshell.
It is not even about security but about maximizing dollars into the hands of a few.
Just like many of our government programs are not for security for the people but enriching a select few.

Think of industrial espionage at tax payers expense as one example.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

... The real problem is we as citizens have no voice in what the private sector is willing to do with our personal and private data. They have no monetized and securitized our daily routine, a drive to the grocery store is now some companies commodity to be sold to the highest bidder, be it LE or marketers or some stalker.

Yep. Blows me away some people still think the "govmint" is Big Brother.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Just because it is being used against us, does mean to say that it cannot be used at all to help society.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I looked up polarized paint and films............interesting.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

soulpowertothendegree
reply to post by freakjive

Don't like it move!

you are as big a problem as the corruption its self.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
why not a polarized cover that goes over the plate so it can be seen, but not photographed?

depends on the area, i bet if you check on it any place that uses things like "licence plate readers", "photo radar", "red light cameras" and the like, that type of cover is likely illegal to use. aside from private companies i suspect that many police agencies also use that type of technology, i know they do in some parts of Canada.
yup look like they do.

www.northjersey.com...

One of the patrol cars in the Hillsdale Police Department's fleet will soon be outfitted with an automated license plate reader (ALPR), a device that can scan hundreds of vehicles to check for violations. The department is able to acquire the system thanks to a federal Department of Homeland Security grant administered by the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office, according to Police Chief Chip Stalter. The funding will cover the equipment's purchase, installation and maintenance, the chief said. - See more at: www.northjersey.com...

cironline.org...

When the city of San Leandro, Calif., purchased a license-plate reader for its police department in 2008, computer security consultant Michael Katz-Lacabe asked the city for a record of every time the scanners had photographed his car. The results shocked him. The paperback-size device, installed on the outside of police cars, can log thousands of license plates in an eight-hour patrol shift. Katz-Lacabe said it had photographed his two cars on 112 occasions, including one image from 2009 that shows him and his daughters stepping out of his Toyota Prius in their driveway. That photograph, Katz-Lacabe said, made him “frightened and concerned about the magnitude of police surveillance and data collection.” The single patrol car in San Leandro equipped with a plate reader had logged his car once a week on average, photographing his license plate and documenting the time and location.

www.policegrantshelp.com...

ANNAPOLIS, Md. — The parked 1995 Oldsmobile looked normal enough as it sat on Captains Circle on Thursday afternoon. The maroon sedan was a little rusty, a little worn and quite nondescript. But a small machine inside an Annapolis police cruiser knew better. That car had problems: no insurance, bad registration and the Maryland State Police wanted it impounded. Cpl. Duane Daniels, a 19-year veteran of the Annapolis Police Department, was happy to oblige. In a few minutes, he stripped the car of its tags and had it towed, thanks to the tip from his electronic partner. Annapolis police recently acquired a license plate reader, which allows officers to find stolen cars, expired and suspended registrations and insurance violations. So far, officers think it's having an impact, especially when used in high-crime areas. The unmarked car used by the department has a box-like camera mounted on either side of the trunk lid. They link to a laptop mounted inside the car. The cameras quickly scan cars on either side of the police car - whether they are moving or parked - and feed the images into the computer. Inside, the computer recognizes the letters and checks with the Motor Vehicle Administration to see if the car has any violations. If not, the coast is clear. The machine beeps, the license number flashes yellow, and the officer keeps driving. But it's obvious when all is not well. Siren noises alert on cars with violations, and the plate number flashes red on the screen. When the officer comes across a stolen car, the laptop sounds like a machine gun.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
In america you were innocent until proven guilty now you are guilty till proven innocent. Till 9/11, then everything changed and it changed because of the terrorists. They have more influence over policies then the average citizen. Terrorists are more important than you average Joe american.

The founders of the Americas are spinning in their graves.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join