It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have experience with lights suddenly becoming brighter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Do you have any more details or "symptoms" that you could provide us with?

I feel like a vague brightening of your surroundings is not much to go on.

Things that you could tell us would include:

When this happens to you, how long does it last? Is it just the room you are in? Is it just the lights that get brighter or do colors seem more vibrant? Do shadows lengthen or shorten or stay the same? Has this happened when you are outside, or just inside? Day or night? How long does this brightness last?

More importantly, do you have headaches when this happens? Do you have a history of epilepsy? Have you received any head or ocular trauma? Did you ever stare directly at bright lights for long periods of time as a child? Do you wear glasses or contacts? Do flashes of light seem to occur in your vision?

Personally, I'm just hyper-aware in general, and notice little things like fluctuations in the light when no one else cares to realize it. Perhaps you are just taking notice of a general brightening in lights that occur due to power fluctuations but no one else cares enough to notice?

But, I would suggest you see an Opthomologist. Losing your sight would be a terrible thing.

**I'm hardly inclined to believe that what is happening to you is anything out of the ordinary. Unless you have been having these brightness fluctuations happening in conjunction with paranormal experiences or other strange occurrences. Please don't leave out any details!

-Green Cross

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

GreenCross
Do you have any more details or "symptoms" that you could provide us with?

I feel like a vague brightening of your surroundings is not much to go on.

Things that you could tell us would include:

When this happens to you, how long does it last? Is it just the room you are in? Is it just the lights that get brighter or do colors seem more vibrant? Do shadows lengthen or shorten or stay the same? Has this happened when you are outside, or just inside? Day or night? How long does this brightness last?

It seems to return to normal within about 5 seconds. It doesn't seem the same as if you were operating a dimmer on a light. That is to say it doesn't seem like light that is coming from the source is brightening, but that everything is brightening. It has only happened inside so far, and it has only happened with incandescent bulbs, if that has anything to do with it.

More importantly, do you have headaches when this happens? Do you have a history of epilepsy? Have you received any head or ocular trauma? Did you ever stare directly at bright lights for long periods of time as a child? Do you wear glasses or contacts? Do flashes of light seem to occur in your vision?

No headaches, no epilepsy, no head trauma since youth, I don't remember staring at lights unless it was raining, then I'd stare at streetlights and headlights. No glasses or contacts yet, and no flashes of light that I can recall.

**I'm hardly inclined to believe that what is happening to you is anything out of the ordinary. Unless you have been having these brightness fluctuations happening in conjunction with paranormal experiences or other strange occurrences. Please don't leave out any details!

I'm not inclined to believe that it's any more than something happening physiologically, but things do happen physiologically that are out of the ordinary. I wouldn't say that they happen in direct conjunction with anything paranormal or supernatural, but I would say that my life and my mind within the last few years has become paranormal and supernatural. At least compared to what they were before.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join