It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Antonio food truck’s ‘offensive name’ ruffles feathers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think she should give her critics a complimentary bag full of ... chicken ... to eat.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Cookasian?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

If she moves her food truck to Austin, its embraced. In San Antonio or Dallas....not so much.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There was a band called NWA stood for 'n-word's with attitude. How was that not offensive?

Our society is falling apart. Granted the food truck in question is far from msm, but there was a post earlier about minorities controlling the majority.

I think this plays into that.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We have a food truck up here in Albany, NY that is called Wandering Dago that is all over the news. They were banned from Saratoga Race Track but New York State because it was deemed offensive.

The case is now in the court system.
Bill

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by o0oTOPCATo0o

Because she's also selling Asian-style fried chicken, and it's her bestseller. So, that's Cock (as in chicken) + Asian (as in the style it's cooked) = Cockasian. It's really a very clever name because it works on several levels. It covers her best-selling dish and the fact that's she's a white girl selling Asian style food, plus it's got that hint of naughty.

edit on 6-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

That's a brilliant name! Caucasian/Asain fusion that serves chicken. I think people will come out in support of this ultimately is it's not offensive in any way. It's not like she's selling sex products or tanning lotion; it's food that's totally relevant to the animal and the ethnicities.

Wonderful harmless wordplay in my eyes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join